school and more school.

First… a tour of Izzy’s new classroom!  We went last Friday to see her room before school started Monday.  Melanie showed us around 🙂 … Here is the communication device table.  Look at all those cool devices! (oooh…ahhh!)

comm-dev

Here is the CRV (I think that’s right and not sure what it stands for, but Melanie checks it out from the library for the blind for Izzy).  It is so cool and Izzy loves it!

crv

Here is Izzy’s office!  Notice all the orange?

or-off

Melanie had a present for MOI!  I heart her.

present

This is the rest station!  See the cute soft comfy orange and pink pillows.  They have been enjoying this area daily this week!

rug

Izzy has been doing great at school.  First grade is GREAT!  Here are a couple of notes from her teacher (Melanie).

Monday:

Izzy had a great first day.  During Mrs. Weber’s class she was extra attentive.  She completed a page on syllables and sat by Isabelle (a friend from last year) during story time.  During the story Mrs. Weber asked what kind of ice cream they liked and Izzy raised her right hand for chocolate!  The next story was about Molly the shortest girl in her class.  Molly loved her grandma and when Mrs. Weber asked the class who loved their grandmas Izzy raised her right hand! How cool is that!  A grand day!

Tuesday:

Another great day in 1st grade!  Izzy was very verbal all day today.  She raised her no hand for Mrs. Weber when asked if anyone had a question.  She raised her right hand (yes) when I came to July for her birthday month! In music she sang!  She was very attentive and had a great day!

Bailey started high school this year and Emelia started middle school.  They are both having a great first week too!

be

I helped Amanda move into her dorm today at OU.  We had lunch at Victoria’s and then faced chaos like you cannot imagine at the campus!  So many people, so much stuff, so many lines.  It was insane.  But she is moved in and her room is small but cute.  Her new roommate (Rachel) seems really nice and her family was very helpful and nice too.  I already miss having her here, but am so excited for her.  I’m thinking it’s going to hit me tomorrow morning when she’s not here to say, “good morning ma.”  I’ll really miss that.  She is the official door locker and checks all the doors every night.  She has already texted me to remind me to lock up.  🙂 She has big amounts of concern :).

dorm

Tags: , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “school and more school.”

1. nancy face says:

Izzy’s classroom and her teacher are so wonderful! I love the pictures of ALL your kids! 🙂

nancy face’s last blog post..Cool Beans!

2. yvonne says:

It sounds like Izzy is very happy to be at school. She is doing so well–that is GREAT.

I hope Bailey and Emelia have a great year.

I’m sure you’re really going to miss Amanda, but she is going to have such great experiences to share with you.

yvonne’s last blog post..What I Know Wednesday–The Value of Counting My Blessings

3. Susan says:

Exciting busy time in your lives.

Susan’s last blog post..Army soldier in Iraq

4. Julie says:

Can I cry now? I can’t believe Amanda is grown up and in a dorm room at OU.
    Okay, that’s all I’m going to say about that b/c I will cry if I dwell on it. Call me when it hits you. : )
    Izzy’s school room looks great and loaded with cool stuff for her to play with! And Bailey and Emelia look very cute and happy!
    Amanda looks so cute, just like the first time I came to your house when she was THREE! Okay, I’m really not going to think about this anymore…

5. Gail says:

Aww, what big changes for you this week! First grade for Izzy, Emelia middle school and Bailey starting high school (he’s changed a lot in his pictures). And moving your first to college! I thought about you, how did you do? I cried all the way home when we took our first and sometimes it does hit you later in little things. So cute that she texted you to lock up!

Gail’s last blog post..Status Quo

6. Jodi says:

Izzy’s classroom looks like lots of fun! I have one starting high school too this year! The oldest, not sure when he is going back to college, hopefully next semester!

Jodi’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

7. Joyful Days says:

Wow!! They all look older. What is it about August–kiddos change in August, mine have too. Looks like everyone is doing great.

Prayers!

Julie

Joyful Days’s last blog post..A Different Kind of Wild–Blog Book Tour

8. oh amanda says:

Everyone looks so good, Annie! I love Izzy’s new classroom and STUFF! And YAY for Amanda in college. You’re doing ok?!

Love you!

oh amanda’s last blog post..Daddy.

9. Betty G says:

What a fun week with everyone starting school. That Izzy just continues to amaze all of us. I can sure understand why she raised her hand for “loving her Grandma” since her Grandma is a wonderful lady and Izzy is lucky to have all her grandparents.

Amanda being gone will hit you like a ton of bricks, but that is why we raise our kids — to set them free as self-sufficient young adults. She and YOU will be fine. Trust me. My son is moving to South America this weekend and getting married. That is a lot further than Norman.

Those other two are so cute. Tell Bailey he looks so much older with her haircut — and Emilia is a doll.

BTW, do you still have Pinky the horse? Haven’t heard much lately.

Best wishes for the new school year and have fun!!!

Bettu G.

10. Izzys classroom looks fun!
    looks like nice school pics!

palmtreefanatic’s last blog post..Weekend Recap

11. Michelle says:

Izzy’s new classroom looks great – I hope she has a wonderful year!

Michelle’s last blog post..Deja Vu