post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 10:27 pm — post Comments (6)

The vegan thing is going pretty well… my favorite kid comment from the week was from Emelia while leaving church yesterday.  She said, “Can you please take me by McDonald’s for some meat?”  Poor girl 🙂  I fixed sloppy joes for lunch with morningstar crumbles (meat substitute) and we had fresh green beans and carrot sticks with hummus (and veggie chips).

Tonight we had ww pitas with beans and morningstar crumbles with taco seasoning and avocados.  Green beans and fresh corn on the cob were sides.  I was very full.

I cannot honestly say I miss meat yet.  I am feeling healthier and seem to be losing weight too! AED

*subject change*

Spent the day helping the twins (lol) Emelia and Bailey get their rooms clean.  They needed mom help and I had to take the day off and help them.  All day.  Well, I did take time out for a pedicure mostly because those silly flags painted on my toes were getting annoying.  That sweet nail girl “tammy” always does something whacky to my toes and I can’t understand her well enough to stop it before it’s too late.  I picked a pleasant neutral hot pink and ended up with tropical designs :O… Oh well.

tropical-toes

We went for a nice swim after dinner, in this heat the pool is priceless for cooling off in the evenings.

Izzy.

Isabelle is doing well. She’s healthy and happy.  I will be so glad when school starts again!  I know she will be too!  She goes back to ESY this Wednesday (two weeks off for the fourth holiday).  She is growing so much it seems.  Maybe it’s my imagination but she seems bigger.  She will have a birthday soon.

Amanda.

Amanda is getting closer and closer to move out day.  I am in denial.  We got her bedding and other things for her dorm room last week.  I need to find a few more things and we’re going to make a curtain to fit the window…  She is so excited!

Sounds like life is good and exciting at your house. My hats off to you to get your kids to go meatless :o) I could easily do that but no way my Mickey would go for it!!! Got wonderful Porter peaches last week and this week at the orchard. YUM!!!!

Susan’s last blog post..A Sad Moment of a Wonderful Home and Many Memories

Susan wrote on July 14, 2009 - 9:50 am

I laughed at Emelia’s statement a/b going to McDonald’s!
Your meals all sound good to me, I keep forgetting about those meat crumbles. I think I’ve used them to make a crockpot lasagna.

Gail’s last blog post..“You go and save the best for Last”

Gail wrote on July 14, 2009 - 10:12 am

I love what Emelia said about the meat! Tee hee! 🙂

It’s kind of hard when our sweet daughters grow up and move out! How fun that you’re going to make a curtain! 🙂

nancy face’s last blog post..Camping and stuff!

nancy face wrote on July 14, 2009 - 11:31 pm

proud of you! Great to catch up too, its been a while. Hugs Annie!

Jenileigh’s last blog post..Awesome Revelation Louie Giglio – Laminin

Jenileigh wrote on July 15, 2009 - 1:27 am

I just don’t think I could go without meat–love Emelia’s comment.

The pool must be so refreshing.

I totally understand the comment about being in denial–I don’t think I REALLY BELIEVE Kyle will be leaving home in a little over a month.

yvonne’s last blog post..Utah Here We Come

yvonne wrote on July 15, 2009 - 9:07 am

This might help … our pastor drove his son to OREGON to start college. The boy got a football scholarship to Oregon State. At least yours will be within quick drive of home. You WILL be OK and make it through this transition. I remember it well.

Plus, my son is in the process of moving OUT of our country to get married and plans to live where the girl lives in Central America. They have been in a relationship for about 2 years, so this was inevitable. I will miss him and he will be MANY miles from home and not very accessible. Plane tickets are expensive! Plus, language barrier. I WILL make it through it, too. Somehow… ’cause I don’t have a choice. 🙁

Betty