post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 10:43 pm — post Comments (8)

A busy day…

1.  Started by oversleeping.  Matt’s off all week so we slept in.  I was a little shaky when I woke up and was fixing Izzy’s breakfast… I opened her juiceplus capsule bottle and they slipped out of my hand into the sink which I just happened to have filled with hot water.   They were all ruined.

2.  After I fed her somehow I spilled her oatmeal concoction on my keyboard.

3.  Emelia came home from her weekend trip with Gram and Jane Ann to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, TX.  She had a blast and is still talking non-stop about the trip.

4.  I took Emelia with me to get my nails repaired which ended with a fill job and then the girl who does my pedicures showed me her cute 4th of July toes and suggested she paint mine too.  How could I resist.  Emelia had already picked red, white, and blue polish to have painted alternating on her fingers.  She had a pedicure in Dallas so we left her toes alone… but the girl touched up some chips on her white tips.  It’s hard to keep white tips neat when you are eleven.

fourth-toes1

5.  After some time at home Emelia went with me for a long overdue hair appointment.  I’ve been so busy lately I haven’t had time to go… I was thrilled to get to go today!  Jill is awesome!  She did highlights and a trim.

emelia-trip

6.  While Jill was rinsing my hair we had been hearing thunder and the lights began to flicker.  Right when she finished we lost all power and within a minute matt was calling to say our power had gone off at home as well.  I was just relieved my hair was rinsed!  I left with wet hair which was fine since it was pouring down rain….

clouds11

7.  Mom was doing therapy with Iz when I got home and Matt and Dad were on the front porch ooing and ahing at the rain.  It’s been a while. Need to look at digital camcorders.

clouds-2

8.  Me and Emelia decided to return the redbox movie that she forgot about while in Dallas.  It was five days late.  Fortunately it’s only $1 a day.  It has to be returned at 7 to not be charged another night.  Our first trip to return it was a failure because the power was off at redbox too.  We stopped in front of the chinese restaurant and the girl waved Emelia in.  She bought some soup (her fave.) in the dark.

9.  Got movie returned!

10.  Mom came down after I got Izzy fed and had her hair highlighted, colored and trimmed.

(ohamanda has a cool list of internet things)

What a day! I love the toes!

We love Great Wolf Lodge, too. We went in May and are planning a trip in August for my other son’s third birthday. He has also been talking about GWL non-stop!

Janna’s last blog post..Top Ten Reunion Pics

Janna wrote on July 1, 2009 - 7:04 am

What a day. We have not gotten a drop of rain.

Susan’s last blog post..BEE HIVE – Supers

Susan wrote on July 1, 2009 - 7:05 am

THIS is the best time of your life … right now.
Busy days and nights with children is THE highlight of your memories as you grow older.

Hope you and your family have a great July 4th.

Betty G.

Betty G wrote on July 1, 2009 - 6:29 pm

You’re making me tired just reading it! LOL!

oh amanda’s last blog post..Retro Photo: Four Generations

oh amanda wrote on July 1, 2009 - 7:18 pm

Happy 4th of July! 🙂

I love your toes…they’re super cute! I’m so glad the power didn’t go out until your color was completed! 🙂

nancy face’s last blog post..Mostly Happy Stuff!

nancy face wrote on July 4, 2009 - 8:17 am

I agree with Betty-even though I still have two busy boys at home, we were much busier when I was still raising all four. At times it seemed I lived in the middle of tornado, but I wouldn’t have traded it for anything. I really enjoy having all 4 of mine home at the same time–it seems like old times and unfortunately doesn’t happen often enough for this mommy!

I hope you have a glorious 4th of July with your crew–and thanks for the new signature for my blog, I love it!
*smiles*
Kim

Kim’s last blog post..Happy 4th of July!

Kim wrote on July 4, 2009 - 3:46 pm

Cute toes.

Happy 4th of July

yvonne’s last blog post..In Honor of Part V…THE GRADUATE

yvonne wrote on July 4, 2009 - 8:21 pm

I love your toes. Whenever I think of pedicures I’m thinking of you! In fact I must get one again some time. I’ve only ever had 2 my whole life. My first when my American friend visited with me 4 years ago.

Karen’s last blog post..SOCC – Clearly this Seagull can’t read