june 10.

Today is Matt’s birthday!

He called around noon to let me know he wanted a orange crush bundt/pound cake… I had never made that cake before, but was up for the challenge.

orangecake

ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1/2 stick butter
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. orange flavoring
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each. Add orange crush, alternately with sifted flour. Add flavorings. Put into greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.

FROSTING: Cream butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar and flavorings. Spread over warm cake. .

It turned out really good.

I  marinated pork chops.  made grilled quartered new red potatoes from dad’s garden on the grill, some stuffing, some veggies…  No diet pills for me.  lol.

Then we all headed to VBS.  Biblewood.  I was craft leader again this year.  I had a blast! Now I need to learn to play piano!

Izzy had Summer School/therapy today for the first time.  She was only there a little over an hour and personally I think it made her sad to be at school without her friends (no, not the kids… Melanie, Michele, and Camilla 🙂 )

It was like a ghost town.  Andrea and Karen are very nice.  I’m just saying.

One week from today is our 20th anniversary.  I can’t be that old.  Can I?

So, I think Matt had a great birthday.  In fact I know he did.

Tags: , ,

12 Responses to “june 10.”

1. Betty G says:

That is a new cake flavor to me. Sounds great. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATT.

Glad you are enjoying the summer with the kids and Izzy is having her therapy, and I know she misses her regulars being there. She is a sweet girl though and will get used to it.

Have fun at VBS. That is a great childhood memory for all kids.

Betty G.

2. Kat says:

Happy Birthday to Matt and Happy Anniverssary too! The cake sounds delish.

How’s Miss Izzy doing? Give her a hug from me.

Hugs!
    Kat

Kat’s last blog post..YIPPEE!

3. Jodi says:

Happy Birthday Matt!!! That cake sounds yummy! As well as the rest of your dinner!

Have fun at VBS!

Jodi’s last blog post..Camping

4. Gail says:

That cake does look good! I’ve not heard of that one before.
    Sounds like y’all had a fun party, happy birthday to Matt!

Gail’s last blog post..“If everybody had an ocean….”

5. Julie says:

I want that cake for my birthday, too.

6. dena says:

YUMMY!! looks delic!

Annie started summer school on Tuesday – summer’s short for our girls huh? Good thing they enjoy it!
    and you are definitely NOT that old!

7. dena says:

AND happy birthday MATT!!!

8. yvonne says:

That cake sounds delicious. You are always so willing to try new recipes–that’s great.

Hope your VBS goes well again this year. Can’t wait to read about your craft ideas.

Happy Birthday to your Matt.

And BTW, you are NOT OLD.

yvonne’s last blog post..Morning Walk

9. Stacy says:

That cake sounds awesome! Hope Matt had a great birthday, Happy Belated Birthday! 🙂

Stacy’s last blog post..Puppy Picture

10. nancy face says:

That cake looks/sounds SCRUMPTIOUS! 🙂

Happy Anniversary tomorrow! 🙂

nancy face’s last blog post..Happy Not Crappy!

11. omy gosh! YUM YUM!!! Boy does that make my mouth water!

palmtreefanatic’s last blog post..MENU PLAN MONDAY

12. kim says:

Well Annie! That cake looks to die for and I will be making it soon at my house!
    *smiles*
    Kim

kim’s last blog post..….and life keeps rolling along