post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 12:37 am — post Comments (10)

What a crazy busy week!  There were a few five highlights worth mentioning… (in no particular order)

one.

I finished my first batch of spill plans.  They are being delivered now and I couldn’t be more happy to have them done.  This new “job” has been a challenge and just finishing something even though there are so many more to do really is great.  I have decided to find someone to hire to do the CADS for me because I just don’t have time.  Seeing those big folders full of spill plans on their way to Texas just made me smile.

two.laptopbroken

I broke my laptop this week.  That’s not a favorite moment, in fact it was a really really bad moment… but a few good things followed (like usual).  Mom immediately brought her laptop for me to use and I had backed up almost all my data on a 8 gb thumb drive so I had access to what I needed to keep working.  Matt commented that mom’s act of lending her laptop was like saying, “oh you killed your dog, here’s mine.”  After loaning me her laptop she and my dad drove mine to the computer repair store and convinced them to rush the repair (new screen).  The next good thing was the 8 a.m. call saying, “your computer is ready!”  It was not even a full day when they quoted three days! Now to do a review for Outer Banks rentals.

three.

Izzy’s IEP.  Honestly I don’t generally enjoy those meetings … but with the group surrounding izzy they are almost filled with positives rather than discussing all the things she “cannot do.”  Melanie always works so hard to constantly speak positives and I think that is one of the characteristics of a great teacher!  Camilla and Izzy just have a special bond, there is love there on both sides, and it shows.  I say it all the time, but we are so blessed in that area.  The goals set were much like those last year but she did meet some of this years goals which is great…

four.hotrollers

hot rollers.  Random huh?  I pulled out the old pack of hot rollers this week because I’ve been noticing some hair that looked like soft curls and figured my hair was long enough not to look like a pouf head. Not a great picture, but you get the idea…

hotrollerhair

five.

Walks at the park.  We’ve been continuing our nightly walks at the park.  My goal now is to jog/run effortlessly.  I see these people (usually guys) that just run so effortlessly.  I want to do that!  That’s my goal, but for a now a walk in the park is great for raising my heart rate and clearing my head!

What are your faves from the week?

The computer repair store was so FAST! Yay! 🙂

Izzy’s wonderful teachers are such a blessing, aren’t they? 🙂

You look so pretty in that picture! 🙂

nancy face’s last blog post..Fun Easter Stuff!

nancy face wrote on April 17, 2009 - 8:31 am

Love the hair. I’ve never used hot rollers in my life.

Sounds like Izzy has a great team of people surrounding her.

Susanne’s last blog post..Friday’s Fave Five #33

Susanne wrote on April 17, 2009 - 10:57 am

Oh nothing worse than breaking a laptop or computer. Sounds like you have a busy busy week. But nothing like clearing your mind with walks in the park. Have a great weekend 🙂

Thom’s last blog post..Friday’s Fave Five #33

Thom wrote on April 17, 2009 - 1:10 pm

Glad your laptop could be fixed so quickly!

I’m curious — what’s a spill plan?

I love walking in the park. I think you have a good goal – it would take me a long time to reach it!

Jerri’s last blog post..Friday’s Fave Five- April 17, 2009

Jerri wrote on April 17, 2009 - 3:00 pm

I haven’t used hot rollers in years, that brought back memories! That is amazing you got your laptop fixed so fast, a good feeling I’m sure.
I’ll have to think on it to come up with some faves this week; I’ve had four funerals to attend this week so it’s been a bit hard.

Gail’s last blog post..“They say it’s your birthday”

Gail wrote on April 17, 2009 - 5:14 pm

I have not used hot rollers in years but I bet they would be good for todays styles again. Sorry about your computer. . .

Brenda’s last blog post..Fridays Favorites

Brenda wrote on April 17, 2009 - 7:35 pm

1. Luke is doing better!
2. We got our taxes done, no return, but at least it’s done, along with the check book balanced and the bills paid through the rest of the most, phew.
3. I got to exercise at least 4 days this week.
4. I finally got Gordy’s hair cut
5. I read a really good mystery book, the first one in a long time, it was called a “Penny for your Thoughts”

Suzi Searles’s last blog post..We broke a record today by making 51 days of food for Luke, YAHOO!

Suzi Searles wrote on April 18, 2009 - 2:51 am

You are SO pretty, Annie! If you are serious about running I can share with you what a nurse from my OBGYN taught me. She said to run/walk for 30 minutes. Take it in 5 min increments. You start by running 1 min and walking 4. Run 1 min and walk (briskly) 4. Do this for 30 minutes for two weeks. (Btw: In the beginning is is hard to run for one solid minute.) After a week or two, switch it to run 2 min. then walk for 3. Get the idea? Then… run for 3, walk for 2. Run for 3, walk for 2. Then after a week or whenever you are ready, run for 4, walk for 1…run for 4, walk for 1. Soon you’ll be running for the whole time. You can do this!!! E-mail me if you have any questions. I’m not sure how serious you are about running effortlessly, but this could help!
Take good care, and thanks for sharing your pics!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Angbaylis’s last blog post..Memory verse #8

Angbaylis wrote on April 18, 2009 - 6:58 pm

I love angbaylis’s suggestion for running–may have to give that a try.

IEP’s were not something I enjoyed–at all, but I love what you wrote about being surrounded by positive people. (It truly does make a difference)

yvonne’s last blog post..April Accountability Update

yvonne wrote on April 18, 2009 - 7:27 pm

Hi

It’s me…trying to catch up, yet again. Why, oh why, can’t I ever stay caught up?!!

You’ve lost 20 pounds??? You go girl! How did you do it?

I can’t believe how big Bailey is getting! The girls are all so pretty.

Hugs!