post Category: Izzy,school — mylifeasannie @ 1:53 am — post Comments (10)

Isabelle’s teacher (Melanie) spends her mornings with this cute little guy at another school in our area.  He is blind.  What a character this little guy is!  He loves Izzy and calls her the “girl.”  We spent the afternoon at his school today because Cat in the Hat aka the principal flew in on a helicopter to surprise the students, read them a story, and give them each a book.  Here is N pushing Izzy outside to watch for the helicopter.
chair

The helicopter is landing.  They are listening (it was so loud) and looking at the helicopter.

There is the Cat/principal… (her hub was the helicopter pilot).  They landed just beside the school.

We all came into the gym for a book read by the CAT.

Izzy liked the Cat and enjoyed the story. They gave her an extra special book and she really looked at the pictures!  They gave N a brail book and he was so proud of it.  His para said the first thing he does when he gets a book now is rub the cover to see if it is in brail.

It was a nice warm day here… I finished the tier 2 stuff finally at 1 a.m. this morning.  I woke up about six with a headache, but thank goodness I feel fine and got a lot done today including this fun field trip!

Some things about the day to remember … the little first graders in N’s class filed in one by one introducing themselves to Isabelle.  They each commented about something they liked… like her bow or bracelet.  Their teacher had shown them her video riding the bike so many told her they liked her bike.  Then they took turns telling knock-knock jokes!  So cute!  … I was able to sit and have a sandwich with mom and dad before I went to the school.  Today is their actual fiftieth anniversary! Now all I have to do is finish some posts like this for keyman insurance.

What fun. I saw some stuff on the news here about The Cat and the 2 Things visiting some children. So nice for them to do things like this. Glad Izzy has a new friend and the boy has Izzy for a friend. Friends are so important no matter what our ages.

Happy 50th to your parents :o)

Susan’s last blog post..A Wonderful New Friend

Susan wrote on March 6, 2009 - 5:28 pm

What a fun thing for the principal to do.

Storm’s last blog post..Say It Forward

Storm wrote on March 6, 2009 - 5:56 pm

How cute 🙂 I love the picture of N pushing Izzy out to the helicopter <3. That’s fun that she has a friend at another school that she can look forward to seeing 🙂
That sounds like it was a really fun day!!!

Whitney’s last blog post..Bump!

Whitney wrote on March 7, 2009 - 9:23 am

What a nice way to spend the day!

Sonya’s last blog post..Ten Ways To Make Your Life Better

Sonya wrote on March 7, 2009 - 9:34 am

What a fun day for the kids!!! Happy anniversary to your parents!

Jodi’s last blog post..Surgery is scheduled

Jodi wrote on March 7, 2009 - 12:31 pm

She is the coolest principal! LOVED this post! 🙂

nancy face’s last blog post..Disneyland ABC!

nancy face wrote on March 8, 2009 - 5:58 pm

That was a wonderful thing for all of the first graders to do for Isabelle, Annie. You found a school where people are kind and wise !

I am glad that N and Izzy see th beauty in each-other and are enjoying one another’s company like that !

Congratulations to your parents on their 50th anniversary 🙂

Loving Annie’s last blog post..Eloquence

Loving Annie wrote on March 8, 2009 - 7:14 pm

aaaww how sweet is N! What a fun day that looked like it was.

Michelle’s last blog post..Johnson’s 50th Anniversary

Michelle wrote on March 9, 2009 - 9:38 pm

I’m so glad Izzy is having such a wonderful school experience. Seems that all the kids and teachers/paras are so great with her and the others. God Bless them all.

Betty G.

Betty G wrote on March 10, 2009 - 1:17 pm

What a special day!! And I am so glad to hear about Izzy’s progress over the past school year.

Shawna’s last blog post..Week 37