post Category: mpm — mylifeasannie @ 10:38 am — post Comments (14)

These cupcakes look so good! I want to make them this week…  Do you think this would qualify as a healthy meal for the family?  Maybe cupcakes and broccoli?

• 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, 2 cups sugar, cocoa, 1 teaspoon salt and baking soda. Stir in oil, water, vinegar and vanilla until blended. Pour mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
  3. To make the filling: In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, egg, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt until light and fluffy. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop a heaping teaspoonful of the cream cheese mixture into each cupcake. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool.  Maybe after this I’ll need some wieght loss pills.

Monday I plan to make Jambalaya… to use up some of those green peppers and tomatoes.

Tuesday chicken spaghetti in the crockpot

Wednesday … gourmet chicken sandwiches

Thursday this:

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 Tbsp Butter
1 Yellow onion chopped finely
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 small can green chilies
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup frozen corn kernels
5 cups chicken stock
2 cups shredded chicken
2 Tbs. Taco seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

For Serving:
sour cream
shredded jack and or mild cheddar cheese
Tortilla chips

Saute onions and garlic in butter in a large pot over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add chilies, tomatoes, beans, corn, chicken stock, chicken, and taco seasoning. Stir through on high heat until soup boils. Reduce to low. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer one hour.Serve with sour cream, a handful of cheese, and place broken pieces of tortilla strips on top.

Makes eight servings

Friday… is trunk or treat so we’ll either get quick braums burgers or I’ll make some grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup before we leave…

I was just looking over your menu plan and noticed that you mentioned grabbing a burger from Braum’s. I thought, this girl has to be from OK! I grew up with Braum’s but married an AF guy and we have to visit family to enjoy Braum’s now. I have 2 kids in bible college in OK now.

Your menu looks yummy!

Michelle wrote on October 26, 2008 - 11:45 pm

Those cupcakes do look quite tasty! I think, if you served them with broccoli, they would make a fine meal! 😉 Your menu looks great!

Dawn’s Daily LIfe’s last blog post..Manic Monday

Dawn’s Daily LIfe wrote on October 27, 2008 - 7:33 am

I say these recipes looks good! Happy Monday!

palmtreefanatic’s last blog post..October 27, 2008

palmtreefanatic wrote on October 27, 2008 - 7:59 am

Yummy looking menu especially the cupcakes and chicken tortilla soup!! 😀

have a great week!
Sherry

Sherry wrote on October 27, 2008 - 8:58 am

What time is dinner again? I want to make sure I am not late!

Flyinfox_SATX wrote on October 27, 2008 - 10:16 am

Yum, great menu Annie 🙂

Sandra’s last blog post..The Simple Woman’s Daybook!

Sandra wrote on October 27, 2008 - 11:16 am

Hi Annie,

Well, in MY mind the chocolate cupcakes qualify as being a good dinner….healthy? Not really, but definitely good! 🙂 Every once in a very blue moon I will let the kids have cake and ice cream or just cake for breakfast (and to show you JUST HOW once in a blue moon this is…..I think it has happened twice in the past 15 years).

Lori4squaremom wrote on October 27, 2008 - 11:34 am

you always make me hungry, annie! i want those cupcakes!

oh amanda’s last blog post..I’m Giving Away Sleep!

oh amanda wrote on October 27, 2008 - 2:39 pm

I say the cupcakes would make a fine dinner by themselves! I do that sometimes, have something totally out of the ordinary for the meal but hubby doesn’t love it so I do it when he’s not here. I’ll pop by for the soup, chicken sandwiches and chicken spaghetti, all sounds yummy!

Gail’s last blog post..Fave Five For Friday

Gail wrote on October 27, 2008 - 9:20 pm

Your house must just always smell like a wonderful restaurant!! Everything sounds wonderful.

Broccoli & cupcakes–sounds like a plan!

Joyful Days’s last blog post..Grains of Gratitude…Running Behind Again

Joyful Days wrote on October 27, 2008 - 10:03 pm

Cupcakes and broccoli … sounds nutritious to me !! 🙂

Bonnie’s last blog post..Sharing My Thoughts on Reading

Bonnie wrote on October 28, 2008 - 7:24 am

Everything looks delicious. (Yummy cupcakes ; )

yvonne’s last blog post..A Full Week

yvonne wrote on October 28, 2008 - 8:32 am

Oh my goodness…those cupcakes! Yep, serve them with broccoli, and there’s dinner, tee hee! 🙂

I’m going to try that Chicken Tortilla Soup! 🙂

nancy face’s last blog post..Foolishness, Furniture & Foodfests

nancy face wrote on October 28, 2008 - 8:46 am

that soup looks so good, thanks for posting! I made your crockpot chicken spaghetti yesterday, before I ever saw this. Great minds think alike! I finally found that seasoning at Sam’s and it does make a big difference! I added mushrooms to mine at the end, since I love mushrooms in spaghetti or chicken spaghetti. Yummy 🙂

Hope you guys are having a great week!

Stacy’s last blog post..Scarce