post Category: Izzy — mylifeasannie @ 2:47 pm — post Comments (12)

I took izzy to the orthotist today to pick up her S.W.A.S.H. and A.F.O.’s.   The A.F.O.’s were not quite ready, they are adding springs.  Here’s Izzy being fitted in the swash…

dscf5731.JPG

We had to wait while things were shortened and lengthened and tightened …

dscf5736.JPG

All done!  We go back next Monday to get the AFO’s.  Here’s a pic of Izzy with the orthotist.

dscf5738.JPG

Is that painful for her? Just curious.

Susan’s last blog post..10 DAYS & COUNTING – Until this election is finished

Susan wrote on October 28, 2008 - 4:56 pm

No. The swash is meant to keep her from crossing her legs. It doesn’t hurt although it is frustrating for her to be unable to cross her legs. She wore it five hours from the time we left the office and didn’t complain until the very end of the time and I took it off for a break.

mylifeasannie wrote on October 28, 2008 - 5:35 pm

Annie,
I hope both of those things do what they are supposed to, and in time your Izzy walks freely on her own 🙂

Loving Annie’s last blog post..Lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks

Loving Annie wrote on October 28, 2008 - 6:02 pm

what a sweetheart! She looks like she doesn’t mind it!

palmtreefanatic’s last blog post..Happy Wordless Wednesday

palmtreefanatic wrote on October 28, 2008 - 6:08 pm

You two are so cute! 🙂

nancy face’s last blog post..Foolishness, Furniture & Foodfests

nancy face wrote on October 29, 2008 - 8:52 am

I’m so glad to read it isn’t painful.

She is such a sweetie.

yvonne’s last blog post..A Full Week

yvonne wrote on October 29, 2008 - 10:10 am

We had a successful night wearing the swash (sitting walking and standing hip orthosis)!
Yay!

mylifeasannie wrote on October 29, 2008 - 10:16 am

You’re wearing my watch in that pic silly, did you fix yours yet?

amanda’s last blog post..Happy One Year!

amanda wrote on October 29, 2008 - 11:03 pm

No… but remember that was my watch before i gave it to you 🙂

mylifeasannie wrote on October 30, 2008 - 8:24 am

I’m glad you commented that it doesn’t hurt her b/c I was wondering too.
I like that last shot with him…….and the one with you is cute too but, busted! Looks like your daughter saw you wearing her watch! Silly kids!

Gail wrote on October 30, 2008 - 6:10 pm

Thinking of you and praying for Izzy. She is such a doll!

Irene’s last blog post..Link for the cure

Irene wrote on October 31, 2008 - 7:32 am

Awww what a tough little girl. I’m glad too that it didn’t hurt her. She’s such a little angel. Always keeping her in my heart & prayers even when I’m busy 😉

Jessica’s last blog post..We’re Famous