post Category: wordy wednesday — mylifeasannie @ 8:40 am — post Comments (10)

girltalk2.jpg

Whew… what a week, or half a week.  Saturday night Emelia came into my room about 3 a.m. and touched my feet to wake me up, she was sick.  I had taken half a muscle relaxer because I woke up Saturday with a really bad backache (in my lower back).  I was in and out all night because medicine makes me so sleepy (I rarely take any).  So Isabelle is sick too that night.  Twice.  She had been running fever Saturday and slept all day.  Sunday we were all wiped out from no sleep etc. so we stayed home all day.  Emelia slept most of the day and Isabelle ate normally which made me realize she was just having issues with congestion.  So… Monday Emelia went to school for the afternoon and I kept Izzy home to make sure she was well.  She again slept most of the day.  Tuesday I decided to take her to school.  She slept soundly as I got dressed.  I took her anyway, thinking that she would wake up.  She slept through most of the afternoon.  At school.  Getting her in and out of her carseat was a painful experience for me.  I winced in pain and blinked away tears.  Stupid back.

Sweet Melanie ran out with a “for no special day present.”  I am so dingy I thought she was singing something about a snow day present?  I have no excuse… 🙂  She is Izzy’s teacher and at the pumpkin patch I remarked about the beauty of the white pumpkin.  The kids couldn’t choose a white pumpkin, and even if they could we would have to hike a fair distance to get one.  Anyway, we stopped at her house to see a pond that she had installed recently in her back yard (it was very pretty!) and she had a white pumpkin on her porch.  I joked that I was going to swap Izzy’s green pumpkin for that white one :P… I didn’t.  But she brought me this (Isn’t it cute?)!  It’s the pillow with a white pumpkin on the front.

dscf5708.JPG

My friend Kari sent me a Fall card (that she made) and then a Halloween card (she made it too!)  I told Amanda yesterday I need to buy a homemade card to send to her and Amanda suggested I make one.  I guess that’s an option 🙂 but compared to hers I’m not sure… Haley also sent me an adorable Halloween card and Emelia looked at it and can’t remember where she put it.  So it’s not pictured.  But thank you Kari and Haley!  You guys are so talented and so thoughtful.

dscf5709.JPG

It’s really raining this morning.  It’s also thundering loudly!  I love it.  I am really enjoying the Fall preview with cooler weather.

dscf5711.JPG

When I picked Isabelle up yesterday (from school)… Camilla put her into the car for me.  So sweet.  She even emailed her cell phone number to me so that I could call her when we arrive so she could help get Izzy out and into her stroller.   Aren’t they just the best?  I am so blessed to have these friends at Izzy’s school.  I am seriously praying that my back gets better today.  I have to admit I had to fight back tears this morning when I realized it was still hurting.  But I won’t be defeated and I am speaking against the pain!  (and have an ice pack on my back as I type…)

Hope you have a great Wednesday.

p.s. I blogged on the internet cafe yesterday.  I forgot to tell you.  Sorry.

I am praying for your back and the entire family.

Susan’s last blog post..THE HEART OF THE MATTER – Family and Friends

Susan wrote on October 22, 2008 - 9:38 am

My prayers are with you for your back. I do hope you get better soon! God is on your side so I am pretty sure you will get better soon.

Those were some nice cards. I also dig your Wallpaper or was that painted on?, with the scripture and all….

Flyinfox_SATX’s last blog post..Just Plain old Tired……..

Flyinfox_SATX wrote on October 22, 2008 - 11:05 am

I’m sorry your back is hurting so bad, that is never fun! And I think back pain is hard to figure out. Once in a while I have to use a heating pad and lay down. That’s sweet that they will all help you out!
That candy I see in your dish should help you too! Cute pictures and decorations.

Gail wrote on October 22, 2008 - 11:17 am

i am finally able to post a comment! I have been trying for a while. i’m sorry your back is hurting. is it from carrying izzy? cause i know if i carried gabriel my back would hurt. he’s big and i think izzy is bigger, or at least taller. i hope the pain subsides today and by morning you are back to your busybee self.
is izzy feeling better today? i hope so. my crew seems to be recovering. i am the only one still down.
i have only seen 1 white pumpkin and it was flat, almost like a little butternut squash.
love the cute pillow and the handmade card. and the scripture wall. how did you get the lines straight? i have always stencilled scriptures, not brave enough to free hand it. maybe my best friend annie needs to come visit me and paint me a scripture wall…

julie wrote on October 22, 2008 - 2:47 pm

Annie,
You’re welcome for the cards. I enjoy making them (but I’m only good for about 10 of each kind and then I get bored. lol).

Hope your back starts feeling better. I’ve been having awful back pains myself…took me a while, but I figured out what my deal is. I’ve been sitting on a stool that makes me bend over at a bad angle when I’m playing on the internet. I’m such a dork. lol Hope your back problems go away soon! Even if mine was caused by my own stupidity, I still know how awful a bad back can back you feel. It’s no fun!

Kari

Kari wrote on October 22, 2008 - 10:33 pm

Hope your back is improving. This has been a bad year for my back so I can certainly sympathize. So sorry everyone has been under the weather. Prayers for all of you that you are feeling rested & healed very quickly.

(())

Julie

Joyful Days’s last blog post..The World Travelers…

Joyful Days wrote on October 22, 2008 - 10:53 pm

I have problems with my back every now and then, so I totally sympathize with you.
Hope it gets better soon. In fact, I hope everyone gets better soon.

yvonne’s last blog post..Some Highlights

yvonne wrote on October 23, 2008 - 12:31 am

Sending a prayer up that you’ll feel better soon. Back issues — yuck. I have them, I think it’s not unusual for us tall people! But that doesn’t make it any easier to handle. I’m supposed to do exercises to prevent it, but of course when I’m feeling good I never think about them. The best relief I’ve found, when it gets bad, is through a chiropractor.

Karen’s last blog post..Check out this website

Karen wrote on October 23, 2008 - 9:57 am

I pray your back is better, what a beautiful pillow!

palmtreefanatic wrote on October 24, 2008 - 5:16 am

I’m so sorry about all the pain you had to endure. 🙁

I love the pretty pictures! 🙂

nancy face’s last blog post..Wedding reception pictures!

nancy face wrote on October 25, 2008 - 12:01 am