monday morning meme

null

1. What are you up to today? Be specific. We’ve talked about your morning routine before, now walk us through a typical Monday for you after breakfast is over. How do you feel about Mondays? A fresh start to your week? Or do you dread the drudge of getting back to the same old routine?

I usually eat something quickly while feeding Izzy her breakfast while checking email and blogs etc.  The time I spend feeding izzy is true multi-tasking because I am stuck sitting and try to do all the sit down things I can like make phone calls etc.  So when we get finished eating breakfast I pick things up and make the beds if I haven’t already.  Then I start laying out clothes for school and getting things ready for her lunch.  The mornings seem to be a big feed fest :)…  I usually feed her a noon and watch the first part of 7th heaven.  Then I get her dressed and me ready and take her to school.  I look forward to Mondays.  I like the start of a new week and it’s nice to have a quiet house after a hectic weekend.

2. Earworms – we all get them from time-to-time. What tune do you have stuck in your head at the moment? How important is music to your life? List some of your favorite songs – and I’m talking about songs that evoke a strong emotion in you; joy, anger, sadness, etc. Do you have one particular song that brings back a certain time period in your life? What is the song and what is the time period?

It’s a song we sang in church today.  It goes something like, “waves of mercy waves of grace everytime I look I see your face your love has captured me… every step I take i take in you you make me move jesus every breath i take i breath in you…”  I listen to music all day.  All types.  I have been listening to a few cd’s this past week.  Mama Mia and Nathan Tasker.  The song “Slip, Slide, and away,” takes me right back to 4-5th grade.  The news station always played it while rolling the schools closing due to snow or ice.  I loved that song.  And more than that loved having a day out of school!

3. Who have you needed to say thank you to lately? Who is this person and what did he/she do to prompt a thank you?

Mom.  She is always there for me and I take her for granted.  There aren’t many people who love you totally unconditionally.  She does.   She comes down everyday to help with Izzy’s therapy.

4. How many candles will be on your birthday cake this next birthday? What do you think about the age you are now? Are you comfortable with what you’ve accomplished in life so far? Or do you wish you could have achieved more? You’re being granted one birthday wish – what is it?

A lot.  It’s old :)… Nah, I just don’t feel as old as I am in years.  I am almost enjoying it though, I feel like I am finished with the young petty stuff.   I’m not really happy with what I have accomplished in some areas while in others I am.  Izzy’s accident was definitely a setback… but the kids are all such good kids and I’m proud of them.  Very proud.  One birthday wish?  What else?  Izzy walking & talking!

11 Responses to “monday morning meme”

1. nancy face says:

I look forward to Mondays too…especially this morning, because I’m getting my icky gray roots colored! 🙂

nancy face’s last blog post..Me likey!

2. yvonne says:

Mondays are great.

Isn’t it funny how certain songs take you back to a particular time in your life??? Music can also be so calming.

Hope you have a great week.

yvonne’s last blog post..HAS IT BEEN 3 WEEKS???

3. Jodi says:

I now have that song stuck in my head! We haven’t sang that at church in such a long time!

I now that Izzy will walk/talk again!!

Have a great Monday!

Jodi’s last blog post..Monday Morning Meme’s

4. Kari says:

Hi Annie! How’s it going? I’ve been thinking of you in my head – it’s just getting a chance to sit down and blog with you that’s been a problem lately. I can remember days when I seemed to have hours and hours of left over time. Whatever happened to those hours? Now I can’t seem to find any MINUTES hanging around, much less hours! lol

Anyway, Randey and I both have had a song stuck in our heads for 2 days now. And neither one of us knows WHY! It must have been playing on Jake’s Zune or something. It’s “baby give it up” from KC and the Sunshine Band. I cannot get it out of my head and neither can he! Just when it’s faded from my mind, Randey’ll walk by humming it. It’s making me crazy. I’m thinking of throwing Jake’s Zune in the dishwasher, just so I won’t ever have to hear anymore of his songs again! lol

And Lord, you shouldn’t feel old. You look 25 as it is. Don’t shatter the illusion by even THINKING of feeling your actual age. LOL

Can’t wait to visit OKC again…I’m already thinking about lunch. LOLOL

Kari

Kari’s last blog post..And they’re off!

5. Susan says:

YES!!! Izzy walking & talking.

6. Loving Annie says:

That was a really neat meme, Annie.

I hope your wish with Izzy comes true – I believe it is possible. It just feesl really strong that way. Maybe your faith has become palpable here…

My favorite song is Andy William’s ‘Moon River’… I just love it, even if it is 40+ years old…

Loving Annie’s last blog post..The Cheesecake Factory

7. Audra Krell says:

HI Annie, Thanks for the link to Karen’s blog, as a writer I really appreciate good writers and good bloggers like both of you. Have a great week!

Audra Krell’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

8. Gail says:

I think I might purchase the Mamma Mia soundtrack from itunes! It sounds fun and I loved the movie/music!

Gail’s last blog post..While you were sleeping…..

9. Kat says:

I hope and pray you get your wish…Izzy Bear walking and talking. It’s my wish too.

Hugs!
    Kat

Kat’s last blog post..OOPS!, ONLY $11.00, AND A THREAT

10. Irene says:

Goodmorning , Annie.
    I loved posing and reading your post. Amen for Izzy. I’ve missed you, too.

Irene’s last blog post..Thankful Thursday-Peace

11. KC says:

HI Annie.. just wanted to let you know I’m back online and my computer is up and running.. so I’ll be able to get all caught up soon.. Missed ya..

KC’s last blog post..1st day of school 2008