menu plan monday

I usually write my menu plan monday post as I go along… I don’t actually begin with a plan. Sad but true. This week is not different. I do know what I have on hand so that is part of what determines what we’ll have for our meals. I have two big bags of frozen chicken breasts. I am thinking chicken a couple of nights… some sirloin burger patties from Sam’s. So we’ll grill burgers one night. The salmon for matt… I made that for his Sunday lunch. I want to try a new recipe from a bloggy friend. I don’t really have any of the ingredients so it will require a trip to the store!

Monday… Marinated/grilled chicken, rice, green beans, salad

Tuesday… grilled burgers, salad, pretzels

Wednesday… Baked potato for me and kids (with toppings of choice), Salmon and salad for Matt.

Thursday… Beef Lombardi from Jenileigh

Friday… Chicken & potatoes layered in the crockpot. I saw the idea on this site!

I’d like to try this out over next weekend, I saw it at Sandra’s.

I guess that does it. Have a great week!

Tags: ,

16 Responses to “menu plan monday”

1. Brooke says:

Looks like you have a great week planned of yummy food.

Brooke’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

2. Sandra says:

Yum, that beef lombardi looks pretty good.

Hope you like my recipe, let me know what you thought.

Sandra’s last blog post..Fairies amongst us!

3. Stacy says:

Sounds like a yummy week.

I clicked over to the recipe you wanted to try – WOW! It looks very good.

Have a lovely week,
    Stacy

4. Mmmmmm…..everything sounds so good! I’m trying a crockpot recipe I found on that same site this week, but for breakfast!
    Have a beautiful week!

Jennifer @Chronicles of a Night Owl’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

5. Kristi says:

Yum! I’m using my crock-pot this week too! Blessings to you.

Kristi’s last blog post..Menu Monday 8/25/08

6. nancy face says:

You have more of a plan than I do, haha! 😀

7. I bookmarked that Beef Lombardi recipe last week to try too! 🙂 It sounds like we have a similar style of menu planning…my goal for September is to plan more ahead, so I’m working on a list of favorites by main ingredients…we’ll see how it goes. Looks like a delicious week at your house, I hope you have a great week!

Take care,
    Steph

Steph @ Problem Solvin Mom’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

8. yvonne says:

I haven’t a clue what we’re eating this week–except I do have some leftover chicken so there be a chicken salad of some kind.

yvonne’s last blog post..HAS IT BEEN 3 WEEKS???

9. what a great list of meals for the week!
    thanks for sharing!

palmtreefanatic’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday 8/25

10. Sherry says:

Great menu! 😀 I’m adding the beef lombardi to my menu sometime soon. It sounds delish! 😀
    Have a great week!

Sherry’s last blog post..FREEBIE!

11. Jodi says:

Everything looks really yummy!

Jodi’s last blog post..Monday Morning Meme’s

12. Beverly says:

Your menu sounds wonderful! Beautiful blog!

Beverly’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday and Digital Freebies

13. Jeannie says:

Hi! Just sopping by to check out your MPM! =) I like looking at all the other menu’s!!!

Thursday night sounds YUM-O!!!! =)
    I added this to my recipe folder! I’ll have to make this! I will share some linky love if I do!!!!

Jeannie’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday ~ August 25th

14. Karen says:

Sandra’s recipes are the best! I made something from her blog the other day and it was heavenly.

15. MommySasha says:

Thanks for the link to the chicken/steak and potatoes. I am soo going to try that out next week.

MommySasha’s last blog post..Monday Menu Plan

16. Stacy says:

Yum, it all looks good to me! I didn’t plan any grill out meals here for most of the week because of the rain. I love grilled chicken, yummy. Where are those sirloin burgers in Sam’s – in a bag or box in the frozen upright freezers? I’ll have to look for those. Matt is being so good with the fish and salmon, good for him!

Hope you guys have a wonderful week!

Stacy’s last blog post..Just Monday