post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 8:18 am — post Comments (9)

girltalk1.jpg

It’s Wednesday… half way through another week. Remember being a kid in school and being so excited it was hump-day? It meant that we were on the downhill slide heading right toward two full days of no school! Yay. Yeah, well… not so exciting these days. I guess the main thing that comes to mind on hump-day is the fact that yet another week in my life is half way over. The weeks just come so fast like a pitching machine with the balls set on a speed way too high to deal with!

It’s been raining and raining here. Some flooding. I saw on the news yesterday they were taking people west of the city out of their homes in boats. Crazy. The clouds have passed for now and it should be a dryer day. I got SOAKING wet taking Izzy to school. I had the foresight to put a blanket over her. She stayed dry. But me? I was like a wet rat. I couldn’t maneuver an umbrella while carrying her out… good news though! I dry.

Guess what came in the mail yesterday? Well first… are you a sucker for an infomercial? I’m not. At all! Matt sorta is. Well one morning on a weekend there was an infomercial on for a hair product. Cleansing conditioner. I was busy doing other things and didn’t change the channel and it sounded pretty good. Matt piped in with, “I’ll buy you that.” Okay. You got me. I ordered the “wen” product that morning and it finally came yesterday. I’m pretty hooked on biolage, but this product promised it would dramatically change the structure of your hair. My hair is naturally curly and can be frizzy if not handled with lots of care, chi-ing, products, etc. I brought the box straight to my room and we got in the shower together… me and the Wen… I had to read the instructions about three times. I still need to read them again. It’s a little more than lather. rinse. repeat. Verdict? I hope that it improves with time and I don’t feel like it’s fair to judge the product when it was raining. My hair is curlier than ever and will hopefully have a chi date later this morning. We’ll see. I will let you know how it turns out. They did say they promise that your hair will be better within two weeks. But they did say that some people had dramatic results on the first try. I did not have dramatic results. Not of the good kind anyway!

So… I’m guest blogging over at CWO’s Internet Cafe today. Just click on the button to join me over there! Oh, and don’t forget to leave a comment with your thoughts.

Well, bad news…. my shark I got for my birthday… that I really love. It won’t charge. I used it for several days. Daily. Loved it. And yesterday I had it all charged up and it wouldn’t really work. I’m going later this morning to exchange it for another one. I am really hoping I just got a bad “one.” and that a new “one” will work and for a long time!

OH! I got a pantech duo phone several months ago.

I had a blackberry.

I was excited. It has a little slider keyboard. I have absolutely hated that phone from day one. Hated it. Yesterday I found my little blackberry and got it all set up and called ATT and had them fix my plan back for it. It’s like being reunited with an old friend. I heart that phone. Pantech Duo’s are awful. Never get one! Well, maybe if you are a teen and like cool gadget stuff that isn’t practical get one… otherwise. Just don’t.

One more thing… my bloggy buddy Jodi gave me this sweet award. Thanks Jodi!

Have a great Wednesday!!!

I hope your Wen product works out for you. As for the Shark, do you mean the hand held vacuum? I have one and love it, so hopefully yours was just a defective one. I love your new phone and fun new award. Have a great day! 🙂

Dawn’s Daily Life’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday

Dawn’s Daily Life wrote on August 20, 2008 - 11:44 am

I have a Shark, too, and love it. Never had a problem.

Sorry about your hair product–hopefully the two weeks will bring DRAMATIC results ; )

yvonne’s last blog post..A Little Over 3 More Weeks

yvonne wrote on August 20, 2008 - 12:26 pm

I had to laugh at your “I’ll dry” remark :o) I always like to say, “I’m not a sugarcube, I won’t melt!”

Susan’s last blog post..A LOVELY BLESSING & THREE AWARDS

Susan wrote on August 20, 2008 - 1:26 pm

What is a chi date ? My hair frizzes bad – I empathize ! Never found a product yet to really fix it except temporarily with a flat iron.

That is a sweet award – you deserve it, Annie !

Is it still raining ?

Loving Annie’s last blog post..The Invitation

Loving Annie wrote on August 20, 2008 - 3:40 pm

I hope there won’t be any further flooding! I’m pretty skeptical about hair products with BIG promises…hopefully it will work as well as they said it would! 🙂

Sorry about the Shark…and the crummy duo phone! Why doesn’t everything just work like it’s supposed to? 😉

nancy face’s last blog post..Good stuff…SOME of it!

nancy face wrote on August 21, 2008 - 10:05 am

I love your wordy wednesdays! There’s too much for me to even comment on. I just like “hearing” your voice! 🙂

oh amanda’s last blog post..Sisterchicks For Hire

oh amanda wrote on August 22, 2008 - 2:45 pm

[…] update my review of the WEN product I mentioned… I’ve used it a few more times and I think it is getting better.  I still feel like my […]

» Blog Archive » wordy wednesday wrote on August 27, 2008 - 10:44 am

I was wondering if you would sell me your old pantech duo phone. I happen to be a teenager who loves that sort of stuff lol. I found mine yesterday and after that three week absense it had someone spilled water on it while I was sleeping and now I’m afraid that its completely shot. And the reunion was quite like the one you had with your blackberry. If that helps my chances :]
I suspect you are able to retrieve my e-mail but incase you aren’t
michaelgoesrawr@yahoo.com
I would love to hear from you

Michael Eberle wrote on April 16, 2009 - 10:22 am

I was wondering if you would sell me your old Pantech Duo. I am one of those teenagers who loves cool gadget stuff. Lol. I love that phone. I lost it several weeks ago and I was lucky enough to get it back the other day. It was like reuniting with an old friend. Sadly it got wet one night and it is completely shot. It was a very sad morning.
Please contact me with your answer
michaelgoesrawr@yahoo.com