mpm

This weekend was pretty nice! I got to accompany Matt to take his final. Got to shop (tax free) at the mall… got to be there for his test results which were awesome! Had one of the teen girls over to do her hair for her. Had a fun cook out and swimming. Church was great. Me & the girls ditched class and ran to the donut shop, they read our lesson in the car and we had time to finish up while eating our donut holes back in class. I’m such a rebel. We had a nap today and tonight we had a potluck dinner at church. I picked up some pizzas while picking up a car load of teens. Talk about noise! I made delicious pork chops grilled for lunch…

This week I plan to utilize the grill.

I’m going to make the sticky chicken meal again (thanks Kim!)

Sticky Coconut Chicken

6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used boneless skinless chicken breasts)

1 cup canned coconut milk
1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. red pepper flakes

Marinade chicken in coconut milk, ginger, pepper and red pepper flakes at least one hour (I let mine marinade four about four to five hours). Grill on barbecue.

Glaze:
3/4 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. red pepper flakes

While the chicken is grilling, bring above ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until mixture is reduced and thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Be patient because it takes a little while. But once it starts getting really thick, immediately take it off the heat! Glaze both sides of chicken the last few minutes of grilling and serve chicken over rice.

We’ll have burgers one night. Grilled.

Steak one night. With corn on the cob. You guess it. Grilled.

That leaves one night open… I’ll leave it that way to make room for a pizza or maybe leftovers.

Visit Orgjunkie.com to link your menu up and view hundreds more!

My birthday is this weekend! Hopefully I’ll get a day or two off from cooking :) , doubtful.

One last thing… today (Aug 4) is Izzy’s favorite therapist’s birthday!

camilla.jpg

sig5.jpg

Tags: ,

12 Responses to “mpm”

1. Sandra says:

Great menu Annie and my birthday is this coming weekend too LOL

Happy Birthday in case I don’t make it back before then, but I’m sure I will :)

Sandra’s last blog post..Asian Beef Wraps!

2. sherry says:

Isn’t anything better grilled? I think grilled corn on the cob may be the best thing since, well, regular corn on the cob.

Blessings,

Sherry

3. Kim says:

WOW!! Looking at your temps from last week and assuming they will be about the same this week, I would be utilizing the grill too!! Youzers! You guys get hot–have you seen our little corner of the country? I think we are the only place on the nation’s weather map that is not shown in red for scorching!
    Stay cool, friend, and enjoy that coconut chicken!
    *smiles*
    Kim

Kim’s last blog post..What’s for dinner, mom??

4. Angela says:

Yum! Thanks for the head’s up on that recipe! I have put it down for my menu next week… I will have to link everyone who posted it… Tasty!

Thanks for sharing.

5. Nessa says:

That chicken sounds fantastic! I’ll have to try it!

Have a great week!

Nessa’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

6. yvonne says:

You are a rebel–I know those girls must just love having you as a teacher.

Chicken sounds delicious.

yvonne’s last blog post..August Celebrations

7. Stacy says:

Happy Almost Birthday Annie! Sounds like a great week, but boy, isn’t it going to be a hot one for grilling? Supposed to be almost 100 here most of this week. Hope you guys have a great week, your menu sounds delicious :)

Stacy’s last blog post..Video Link

8. Jodi says:

Yummy week!!! I would be using the grill too, if our weather was like yours!

Jodi’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

9. nancy face says:

Awww…Izzy looks so cute! :)

Some of the best lessons can take place in the car with donut holes! Your girls will remember that fun experience! :)

nancy face’s last blog post..Great Girls’ Nights!

10. oh amanda says:

Oh yum! I want to come over for dinner! And that pic of Izzy is adorable!

oh amanda’s last blog post..Back to School Shopping

11. [...] Coconut Chicken with Coconut Rice and Salad (The chicken is from Life as Annie who got it fromHappy Tummies who got it from Your Homebased Mom.  Cool, huh?  For the coconut [...]

12. [...] Coconut Chicken with Coconut Rice and Salad (The chicken is from Life as Annie who got it fromHappy Tummies who got it from Your Homebased Mom.  Cool, huh?  For the coconut [...]