it’s hot!

It was so hot yesterday.  I think it got up to about 107!  I swam three times.  Once before grilling our dinner so I wouldn’t be hot out there… once after grilling because I was so hot… and again after getting Isabelle down for the night just to relax.  The water was nice and cool.  I made a huge batch of the best potato salad ever and grilled burgers.  Delish!

This morning I am taking Bailey to an orthodontist appt. at 10… He has mixed feelings about it, he does need braces (I think) and he knows it but dreads it too.  He saw the orthodontist a few years ago and we were told to wait.  So we did.  I have heard more than one person (including Julie) say that they got braces too young and their teeth grew more and became crooked again.  Amanda and Emelia have really straight teeth, don’t know yet about Iz…  I hope it goes well.

I’m officially caught up with laundry!!!! Yay!!!

Amanda wants to buy her books for College this week so that’ll be another fun outing…

Have a fun Tuesday.  Stay cool.

sig8.jpg

Tags:

15 Responses to “it’s hot!”

1. Stacy says:

I bet the water did feel good on a day like that! We’re not going to be quite as hot today, not 100, so I’m very thankful for that 🙂

Hope the orthodontist visit goes well!

Have a great day 🙂

Stacy’s last blog post..Video Link

2. Gail says:

I think we are only going to be 98 today! But the past few days or week it’s been around 100 with heat index around 110! Too hot. No pool in my yard but it sounds nice.

Gail’s last blog post..“Come rain or come shine…”

3. Michelle says:

It is hot here in OK!! Good thing my inlaws have a pool! Wish we could have met while we were here, but maybe next time!

4. Loving Annie says:

Would you post the potato salad recipe, Annie ? I’ve never tried to make it, and am curious.

I didn’t get braces until I was 13, and had them for 4 years… The clear ones now they have are so much better.
    Hope Bailey’s mouth doesn’t ache too badly afterwards – he may just being eating soup or milkshakes tonight !

Loving Annie’s last blog post..I’m Angry – Is it Safe to Say so ?

5. Sandra says:

I can relate to the heat, just wish I had a pool to swim in 🙂

I would love the potato salad recipe too, I LOVE potatoes.

Sandra’s last blog post..The Simple Woman Daybook – August 4th

6. yvonne says:

I think you’re the one who needs to try and stay cool–107–YIKES.

yvonne’s last blog post..August Celebrations

7. Haley says:

It’s been miserably hot here as well…until today thanks to the tropical storm it has rained all day.

Haley’s last blog post..Almost a year ago…

8. Shawna says:

I had braces about that age — for three years! I was in the 4th grade when I first got them on (only on my front upper teeth though), then got them all over about a year later. Gosh, if they had waited a year or two, I probably wouldn’t have had to have them on so long. But, my teeth are still straight. I wore my retainers until I was 26. I stopped waering them when I was pregnant with Scamp. My teeth have moves some since.

Shawna’s last blog post..A Week Alone

9. toknowhim says:

Annie,

Thanks for leaving a comment today…you do get bonus points in my book… You are a blogging friend:) I will enter your name 3 times for the Giveaway… Blessings, Kim

10. Jodi says:

Wow! That’s hot! I hope all went well at the orthodontist!

Jodi’s last blog post..Bored

11. Sheryl says:

Ahhhh…the pool sounds so refreshing!! Double Uugghh to your temps!!
    WTG on getting the laundry caught up.
    Care to share the best-potato-salad-ever recipe? 🙂

Sheryl’s last blog post..~* If at First You Don’t Succeed…*~

12. Elizabeth says:

WAYYYY too hot! Our foreign exchange student is dying…it’s so much hotter here than in Taiwan.

Elizabeth’s last blog post..My awesome husband

13. Julie says:

Okay, I know you hear this ALL THE TIME, but I have to say it again: I can’t believe Amanda is so grown up!!! I was just telling Alex yesterday about the first time I came over to your house and Amanda wanted me to go play with her in her room. She went on and on and on about it until I finally went to her room with her. then she got in trouble for something and you counted to 10. So funny to think back on! Bailey was 2 weeks old and Alex was not even born yet. Wow, time flies.
    Hope the rain comes for you guys. It rained here last night and really cooled things off.

Julie’s last blog post..Today

14. nancy face says:

I’m hoping Bailey’s ortho appointment went well! Zach has only had his braces for three months, and already the difference is amazing! 🙂

nancy face’s last blog post..Great Girls’ Nights!

15. oh amanda says: