post Category: tag — mylifeasannie @ 10:43 pm — post Comments (14)

Whew, that’s a lot of stuff for one post huh? We’ve had a busy day ending with a birthday party. I’m posting this all late Sunday night… but tomorrow is Amanda’s 18th birthday! I can hardly believe that I am the mother of an eighteen year old! It really seriously seems like yesterday that she was a little baby, then a little girl… then a pre-teen… you get the picture. It really goes fast. If you have a little one and you think it doesn’t go fast, let me tell you here and now it does! You will blink and be singing happy birthday to your eighteen year old child.

Amanda has been a relatively easy child to raise. She has a very sweet spirit and is quiet in nature. She is an incredibly hard worker in school and has made us so proud so many times… getting the golden falcon for having all “A’s” throughout junior high… being in the State and National Honor Societies… Having the highest gpa… making over 30 points in a single basketball game and winning MVP of the tournament… so many things she has done in her life to make us proud. She has a silly sense of humor that you only see if you know her well enough for her to show it to you.

Happy Birthday to Amanda. I love you!

dscf5346.JPG

birthdaygirls.jpg

blowingcandles.jpg

izzy.jpg

dscf5365.JPG

***********************

Crystal tagged me for my five favorite things!

1. family! Immediate to extended… they are my favorite peeps.
  2. friends! I have the best friends. I’m a blessed girl!
  3. church! We have an awesome church.
  4. blogging! I love to blog and love my bloggy friends (I’m meeting another IRL Monday!)
  5. sleep! My nap was cut short today to get ready for the party tonight… but it sure was nice!

I won’t mention purses or sonic ice… long lunches talking or praying at bedtime with Matt… shopping trips with my mom or snuggling with Izzy. Well, I guess I mentioned it all… but I just have so many favorite things. Thanks for the tag Crystal. I’ll tag anyone who wants to list their five favorite things!

**********************

One of my oldest bloggy friends (Sheryl) gave me the sharing the love blogging award. Thanks Sheryl!

I’ll pass it on to Amanda since it’s her birthday and all… and to my other birthday friends… Jenny (July 30), Marcia (Aug. 6)! I pass it to you too if your birthday is this month or in August! Happy Birthday!

*****************************

Last but not least… menu time!

Monday is Amanda’s actual birthday, but she’s going out to eat dinner with Lorenzo and seeing Mama Mia… so we’ll just have a normal meal here. Most likely quesadillas. With grilled chicken and guacamole.

Tuesday grilled burgers and broccoli cauliflower salad

Wednesday we’ll have spaghetti & garlic bread.

Thursday grilled chicken and baked potatoes…

Friday Matt has requested gyros. yuck. but okay.

OH. One more thing. Guess what I got today?

Happy Monday!

sig24.jpg

Busy gal!! Happy Birthday Amanda!! Yummy menu, and I *love* your patio set!!

Jodi’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

Jodi wrote on July 28, 2008 - 5:46 am

And you’ll blink again and you’ll be there for her college graduation, marriage, birth of her first child. It is just crazy–but WONDERFUL.

Hope Amanda has a fabulous birthday.

That patio set looks really nice.

yvonne’s last blog post..What You Don’t Want to Hear

yvonne wrote on July 28, 2008 - 6:58 am

You are busy!! I was just thinking this morning–I’m not ever going to see my “babies” again. I will see young men emerge–but no more babies.

(())

Julie

Joyful Days’s last blog post..Standing Firm/Staying Put (Part One)

Joyful Days wrote on July 28, 2008 - 7:36 am

I didn’t think about putting sleep. I love naps but never get to have one ๐Ÿ™ Oh well, thanks for taking the time to do my tag.

Crystal Richey

Crystal Richey wrote on July 28, 2008 - 8:05 am

So jealous. I love your patio furniture!

hyperactive lu’s last blog post..I Have Been Tagged!

hyperactive lu wrote on July 28, 2008 - 9:12 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMANDA!
I remember you from your Grandma at work – back when you were about 9 yrs. old. Then your G-ma started working in my dept. and I heard about you more often. I have enjoyed hearing about you as you grew up, started playing basketball (way back then), and what a good sister and daughter you have been. You are a true blessing to everyone around you. Best wishes for your future and keep your dreams alive. You can do whatever you dream.

Love, Betty and Ed
Edmond, OK

Betty wrote on July 28, 2008 - 10:41 am

Wow! You’re one busy gal. I can’t believe you’re a mom to an 18 year old either. Happy Birthday Amanda! She’s a beauty. BTW- I read Susan’s post about your meeting. What fun! Loved the photos!

Jillian, Inc’s last blog post..2 Year Blogiversary – Doubly Good Week (Day 1)

Jillian, Inc wrote on July 28, 2008 - 11:07 am

I just can’t get over how much Amanda looks like you…WOW!

Happy Birthday to your big girl ๐Ÿ™‚ My birthday is August 10 btw LOL

Have a wonderful day Annie ๐Ÿ™‚

Sandra’s last blog post..Reconnecting – Part 12

Sandra wrote on July 28, 2008 - 8:02 pm

Happy birthday to Amanda! Hope it was a great day for her and y’all…such cute pictures. They grow up to fast don’t they.
I love your new patio set!

Gail wrote on July 28, 2008 - 9:57 pm

Thanks for the award!! Just as soon as I get internet access on my own computer, I’ll put it up ๐Ÿ™‚
Happy birthday to us all!!!

Coach Jenny’s last blog post..Remembering

Coach Jenny wrote on July 29, 2008 - 8:40 am

Wow…so much going on. Happy b’day and congrats to beautiful Amanda…all A’s in high school is no small feat!! Woohoo for her!
Love the patio set!

Sheryl’s last blog post..~* Menu Plan Monday – July 27, 2008 *~

Sheryl wrote on July 29, 2008 - 1:22 pm

Happy 18th birthday to Amanda! She looks so much like you ๐Ÿ™‚

Michelle’s last blog post..It’s That Time Again

Michelle wrote on July 29, 2008 - 3:48 pm

18 is such a wonderful age. Happy Birthday, Amanda!

Annie, I love your new outdoor patio set. Very nice!

Also, I am quite excited to get the award for having a July birthday. Fun! ๐Ÿ™‚