post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 10:13 am — post Comments (10)

girltalk4.jpg

I have been having one of those weeks (so far) where I am not even sure what day it is… I have proof. Yesterday was Tuesday. I noticed that the trash was not picked up. I guess I thought it was Wednesday. I went as far as calling the City of Choctaw to make sure they came back around to pick up our trash. The girl who answered the phone said, “It’s Tuesday.” like, duh! Okay. I’m a goofball.

Monday was a whirlwind day. I had a wonderful lunch with Susan! Ran a few errands with Matt and then the four of us (matt, me, bailey, and emelia) went to see “Mama Mia.” It was so much fun! I laughed a lot watching the movie and totally didn’t know what to expect. I don’t go to movies in the theater much. If I’m really interested I’ll watch the dvd or see it when it finally hits the television. There are a few (usually musicals like Hairspray and Dreamgirls) that I go see. Matt takes the kids to see movies when they come out, I usually enjoy a quiet house for a few hours! I have to say that the main thing that struck me watching Mama Mia was the intense beauty of Greece. Oh my! The water was such a rich blue and the beauty of the place they filmed was breathtaking! I want to visit Greece now more than ever. The next thing that impressed me was Meryl Streep. She doesn’t look like she’s had much “work” done, but she looked beautiful. Age appropriately beautiful. She really was in good shape too, the running and climbing stairs made me feel tired just watching. Matt mostly enjoyed the painful look on Pierce Brosnan’s face as he “attempted” singing. I thought he was great too. I want to see it again. In the theater. If not for anything else than the beautiful scenery. Thank goodness I have a friend in Greece (Irene) :)…

Yesterday after a little gentle nudging, I went over and spent a few hours with Julie. I put highlights in her hair, a few in her 10 year old son’s hair… and put some pink in her daughter’s hair! It was fun and it all turned out really good. Emelia ended up staying to play and swim so we saw each other again later (much later) when I went back to pick her up. That would be after an emergency visit to get dad’s tv to cooperate. He has DISH and has constant problems. Fortunately this one was a pretty easy fix. I like when I can solve a problem like that and make him happy. It was a two-for-1… I helped mom get her internet going (simple as restarting her router). Again, it’s nice to be needed and solve easy problems that can be so frustrating if you don’t know how to solve them.

I could tell you about an early birthday present I got. It’s FAB!!! (I don’t know why I said fab, I don’t think I’ve ever used that word before…) Here’s a little hint…

I have a huge to do list today that does not have blogging in it anywhere! With the last few days of fun and adventure I haven’t gotten much done. Hope your Wednesday is productive!

sig14.jpg

Hi Annie !

I’m still clueless as to what the birthday present is…

The movie sounds really good, you’re the third blog person that has recommended it – I’ve got to go see it next week sometime.

Loving Annie’s last blog post..The Question Has Been Answered

Loving Annie wrote on July 23, 2008 - 9:46 am

You’re the second person who has given a thumbs up to Mama Mia. All the pictures I’ve ever seen of Greece makes it a place I’d like to visit someday, too.

It’s always great to visit with friends.

I don’t know what the birthday present is???

Have a great day.

yvonne’s last blog post..Mainly for Me

yvonne wrote on July 23, 2008 - 9:58 am

I know about those huge to do lists. I have one myself today! I wondered how Mama Mia was. Maybe I’ll go see it! It does look fun!

Sonya’s last blog post..*Sticky Post* Go Jenny Go!

Sonya wrote on July 23, 2008 - 11:04 am

I hate big to do lists but somehow that is what mine always are LOL

Sandra’s last blog post..Reconnecting – Part 9

Sandra wrote on July 23, 2008 - 12:05 pm

Will have to check Mama Mia out…sounds like it has gorgeous scenery and a cute story-line.
Happy early b’day! πŸ™‚

Sheryl’s last blog post..~* Wordy Wednesday *~

Sheryl wrote on July 23, 2008 - 1:20 pm

Hi Annie! Mom just got home from Europe. Her photos from Santorini, Greece are breathtaking. I want to see those places for myself one day. πŸ™‚

Natalie’s last blog post..Tweets on 2008-04-12

Natalie wrote on July 23, 2008 - 9:05 pm

I really want to see Mamma Mia! I love musicals and it looks fun, those pictures are gorgeous!
Didn’t get as much done today as I should have. πŸ™
Hope you did.

Gail wrote on July 23, 2008 - 9:41 pm

Ok. Is the b’day present something to do with the Coach brand?
Me and dh and Mandalyn and her hubby went to see Momma Mia last Sat. night. I didn’t know it was a musical, so imagine my surprise when they just kept on singing. Both hubbies would roll their eyes when the next song started. πŸ™‚ I agree with Matt. Pierce Brosnan gave a good attempt at singing, but he did do a good job playing the role of a first love coming back just as sexy as he ever was. (Like, when does that happen??) I didn’t realize Meryl S. could sing, and I agree with you: she looked age appropriately beautiful. And is in shape. I really had all the same thoughts you did. Wasn’t the water just gorgeous in the movie? Let’s all go to Greece!! πŸ™‚
Perhaps I should have done my own Wordy Wednesday post, but Wednesday flew by in a blur!!

Coach Jenny’s last blog post..In the Meantime…

Coach Jenny wrote on July 24, 2008 - 11:55 am

Some friends invited me to see Mama Mia this week…they even had a spare ticket! But I passed it up because I had too much to do preparing for Girls’ Church Camp. I leave tomorrow morning, yay! πŸ™‚

nancy face’s last blog post..Yesss! Mulan is the bomb!

nancy face wrote on July 25, 2008 - 11:55 am

Oh.My.Goodness.! I LOVE Mama Mia!! I have seen it twice now which is something I hardly ever do what with movie ticket prices–it cost me $9.75 tonight! But, I saw it first with Kerry (he liked it)and tonight I saw it with my daughter, Sarah. Didn’t you just love the Dancing Queen sequence? This is one I will own when it comes out on dvd. It just put a smile on my face. OH-and happy happy birthday to your sweet Izzy.
*smiles*
Kim

Kim’s last blog post..Question me this….

Kim wrote on July 26, 2008 - 3:05 am