cafe chat … priorities

Name what you think should be your first 5 priorities in life? Then order those priorities the way they actually are at present in your own life. Do they match up? Why or why not? If needed, what is one thing that you can do today that will help your two lists match up?

Should be:

1. God. Putting Him first, guarding my heart & mind, being a servant, having faith…
  2. Family. Matt and kids. Loving, nurturing, providing needs.
  3. Home. Keeping things clean & organized. Cooking healthy meals.
  4. Others. Being a servant, willing to serve, focusing on others.
  5. me. Blogging, shopping, etc.

I think in reality I am a little higher on the list than I should be. Sad but true. Why? Because I forget to remind myself of what my actual priorities are and the reasons behind them. I think step one to making sure my priorities line up with the way I live my life would be to look at the priority list daily. Probably first thing each day.

sig7.jpg

Tags:

12 Responses to “cafe chat … priorities”

1. Lauren says:

Oooo, those are fantastic answers. Mine would be:

1. The Gospel/Faith/The Lord
    2. Ted
    3. Family
    4. Myself
    5. Friends

I know, it’s awful I put myself before my friends. But knowing how stressed out I get, it is necessary.

You are a great example to me.

Lauren’s last blog post..guyno.

2. Natalie says:

Remember, though, we must take care of ourselves so we CAN take care of and help others. If we’re running on empty all the time physically and emotionally, and are not healthy, rested, and (somewhat)energetic, we will not have the strength to minister to those in our lives who need us.

3. toknowhim says:

I think your idea about daily taking inventory of our priorities is a great idea… Blessings to you Annie 🙂

4. sharon says:

oooh . . . a priority list! Why didn’t I think of that? I’m going to draw mine up and put on my notice board. Thanks a lot – for sharing and for your honesty

sharon’s last blog post..Priorities – cafe chat

5. yvonne says:

I try to prioritize my life and don’t always do a good job. God is always first. I think I’m probably 4th on my list. I’m not sure that’s horrible because I do know I have to take care of myself ; )

yvonne’s last blog post..Answers

6. Sheila says:

Yeah, I’m going to print my list out after this post and look at it each morning.

Also, I pray we who blog will not see it just as a “me” thing just because we enjoy it, but really as a gift God’s given us to use to edify the body of Christ and to plan time for it on the priority list He has for us in a day. Just wanted to encourage you that your blog may be a “me” thing to you, but to us who read it, it’s a God thing! 🙂

Praise Him
    Sheila

Sheila’s last blog post..Cafe Chat: Priorities

7. Nice post and so true for all of us annie! I think this was all well said;)

palmtreefanatic’s last blog post..Fun things to blog about

8. Really liked the idea of reminding ourselves before we start each day of our priorities. That would go such a long way in keeping me on track and starting the day off running.

God Bless!
    Cristine

Cristine@journeyingForward’s last blog post..Consider Your Ways…

9. Lily says:

You just gave me an idea. I am going to make a list and stick it on my mirror as a reminder.

Lily’s last blog post..Cafe Chat

10. nancy face says:

Wonderful list! I think I put myself too high on the priority list…something to work on!

nancy face’s last blog post..SQUEEEEEEE!!!

11. oh amanda says:

So true. Even tho’ I know what my priorities are…”ME” seems to sneak to the top so quickly.

oh amanda’s last blog post..Pamper-ed

12. Peculiar says:

Annie, I’m afraid you’re not alone with putting yourself before others and other things. I’m afraid a lot of us are guilty of that. God literally help us! I wish I could wake up daily and have my priorities straight.

Have a great week.

Peculiar’s last blog post..Cafe Chat- What are your priorities?