post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 8:22 am — post Comments (10)

girltalk3.jpg

I think I’m going to take Emelia to see the American Girl movie today. I think. She has a little friend spending the night so it will pretty much depend on if they go to sleep at a reasonable hour and wake up early enough to go. I heard the movie was pretty good. Emelia has another friend (Audrey) who she spent the night with Sunday after church. Her mother is from Germany and hasn’t lived in the US long. Her husband is now working in Germany so she is left here for six months with five children. Four of which are wild little boys! I thought little Audrey could use a girl day :).

This evening is night one of the teen vbs type event. Tonight there will be a really dynamic speaker and crafts and outside games. Tomorrow night is a Polaroid scavenger hunt. I am supposed to drive a team around. Friday is carnival night and they have rented a lot of inflatables and have fun stuff planned. I think it will be fun. My friend Julie is in town this week (and next)… she dropped by today and visited just for a few minutes. I think she is going with me tonight and then her oldest daughter will go with us the other nights. My friend Melody’s son Matthew may go with us Thursday night too!

We babysat mom and dad’s dog “mojo,” last night. They were out of town. Mom still is. Mojo gets nervous when he is away from dad and sticks to me like glue. This is what he looks like …

He’s a sweetie. I wasn’t too sad when dad picked him up last night. He (dad) also ate dinner with us.

I’ve got some bloggy meetings planned in the next couple of weeks. I’m so excited! I’ll take my camera and tell you all about it when it happens.

sig3.jpg

Let us know how the movie is, if you go. I have been wanting to take my oldest to see it, but I just haven’t found the time.

By the way, I think Mojo is the cutest darn dog ever!! 🙂

Dawn’s Daily Life’s last blog post..Ten On Tuesday

Dawn’s Daily Life wrote on July 16, 2008 - 8:21 am

I haven’t heard too much about the movie. But it does sound like a great movie for young girls.

I hope you have a great time at VBS–sounds like some wonderful activities are planned.

Mojo looks really cute.

yvonne’s last blog post..Getting the Squeeze

yvonne wrote on July 16, 2008 - 8:33 am

I can’t wait to see the “Kit” movie! I’ve loved all the American Girl movies enough to buy them, and I collect some of the dolls, too! 🙂

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Hooray for Good Mail!

Nancy Face wrote on July 16, 2008 - 9:39 am

I can’t wait to see the Kit movie, let us know how you liked it 🙂

sandra’s last blog post..The Joys of Parenting!

sandra wrote on July 16, 2008 - 10:34 am

Wish I had someone to take to the movie, sounds fun.
I’ve been a driver for one of those picture scavenger hunts at church, SO much fun! I might have had more fun than the kids.

Gail’s last blog post..“Who says you can’t go home…”

Gail wrote on July 16, 2008 - 11:14 am

Looks like a fun week. WOW…can’t imagine my honey being gone and me left with 5 little ones for six months… Brave mom!
Off to put up my Wordy Wednesday

Sheryl’s last blog post..~* Mondays with the Mouse *~

Sheryl wrote on July 16, 2008 - 11:21 am

Mojo – what a name. I love it. lol

Tell that poor woman with all those kids and an absent husband that SHE HAS MY SYMPATHY! lol God bless her…what an adventure her life must be!

Kari

Kari wrote on July 16, 2008 - 7:11 pm

Our eldest, f, loves American Girl. I wish they’d show the film here. It may come out on a DVD next winter! Have fun.

Irene’s last blog post..Thankful Thursday-Trust

Irene wrote on July 17, 2008 - 1:25 pm

I didn’t know there was a teen VBS. What a great idea!

Susanne wrote on July 18, 2008 - 11:00 am

I thought about taking both my girls to see that movie, too- I took my oldest to the American Girls store in Chicago when she was just 7. It was a mother/daughter overnight trip with some moms from my church and it was so much fun! We’ve moved out West since then and I sure miss the church and the fun things we planned together! Good memories. Hope you enjoyed the movie!

Shannon (ShadesofShannon)’s last blog post..Attention Tooth Fairy: