post Category: mpm — mylifeasannie @ 9:32 pm — post Comments (18)

I made a pot of black beans and a big batch of spaghetti Saturday which carried over to Sunday. That is always good! It’s good that there is a mpm meme for weeks like this… the ones where I have absolutely no idea what I plan to cook and need to make a plan so I can actually shop for the food to feed my poor hungry family. Just kidding, they are not poor or hungry. We are all blessed & highly favored…

I think tomorrow we’ll have burritoes to utilize the remainder of the black beans… maybe this recipe.

1. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven at 350 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes or until warm throughout.
  2. Over medium heat, place oil in a skillet and then add onion, bell pepper, garlic and jalapenos to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Then pour beans into the skillet, and cook while stirring for 3 minutes.
  3. Cut cream cheese into cubes and place in skillet with salt. Cook for 2 minutes making sure to stir occasionally. Slowly pour cilantro into mixture.
  4. Now evenly distribute mixture in the center of warmed tortilla and roll tortillas up.
  5. Serve immediately or after cooled down.

Tuesday will be taco chicken! I heart taco chicken, especially in the crock pot! Here’s the recipe I use…

Taco Chicken…

chicken (duh?) I use frozen boneless skinless breasts

can of rotel, or cup of salsa

couple of cloves of garlic (pressed)

can of cream of chicken soup

can of cream of mushroom soup

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp chili powder

mix all ingredients, pour over chicken, cook all day… serve over doritos with shredded cheddar cheese on top!

I guess now would be a good time to mention this week has been set aside at church as a week of prayer and fasting. I do plan to fast during the day and eat when the sun goes down. I know, it’s a modified fast, but it works well for us and it still leads to a more prayerful time during the day. There will be prayer daily at the church in the mornings.

So, Wednesday night I am guessing we’ll eat after church and so it needs to be something that can be made and ready for dinner. I will probably put some potatoes in the oven to bake and have something to go with it???

Thursday night is a girls sleepover at church. I’m technically not invited … it’s for teens, but I may crash it! They are going for a midnight trip to IHOP. I’ll order pizza for the fam before I go.

Friday I am going to make this with some yummy guacamole!

Taco Ring
3/4 pound extra lean (90%) ground beef
1 package low sodium taco seasoning mix
1 cup shredded 2% shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons water
2 packages (8 oz each) refrigerated reduced fat crescent rolls
1 medium green bell pepper
1 cup salsa
3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 medium tomato, diced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced black olives
reduced fat sour cream, optional

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown ground beef until no pink remains, drain any fat from pan. Remove from heat and let cool slightly (for 5-10 minutes). Combine beef, taco seasoning, cheese and water.

Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on a baking stone (or any round pizza pan, but the baking stones really do work best, in my opinion) with wide ends overlapping in center and points toward outside. (There should be a 5 inch diameter opening in the center). Using a scoop or round spoon, evenly scoop meat mixture onto widest end of each triangle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under the wide ends in the center of the ring. (Filling will not be completely covered). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

That’s the week… now I’m off to make a grocery list and see what I already have! Visit Orgjunkie.com for more menus.

anniesig1.jpg

YUM, all the taco flavored dishes are making me hungry. I LOVE the taco ring, one of my faves 🙂

Hugs,
Sandra

Menu Plan

sandra’s last blog post..Roseda Steak Burgers Contest!

sandra wrote on July 6, 2008 - 11:38 pm

Everything sounds so yummy. I’m having burritos this week too. My family loves them. I may have to try your taco chicken. Don’t you love the frozen chicken breasts they are so easy to use.
Blessings,
Kim

Kim aka GoofyMamma wrote on July 7, 2008 - 5:03 am

Your menu sounds great this week =) I usually do my black bean burritos with cream cheese too and they’re quite nice!

Kim’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday- July 7. 2008

Kim wrote on July 7, 2008 - 5:11 am

Great sounding recipes but my youngest wouldn’t touch it. Oh well, maybe in 1,000 years whan she leaves the nest I can have the food I like.

kate’s last blog post..Rain again!

kate wrote on July 7, 2008 - 7:54 am

That chicken looks good, and anything with crescent rolls HAS to be good! I’ve got to work on a menu this morning and a shopping list.

Gail’s last blog post..“I’m late, I’m late for a very important date…”

Gail wrote on July 7, 2008 - 8:19 am

Looks like a yummy week at your house! Those burritos looks extra yummy!
*smiles*
Kim

Kim’s last blog post..What I’m Cooking

Kim wrote on July 7, 2008 - 9:24 am

Yummy!!! I am saving that taco chicken recipe!!

Jodi’s last blog post..Vacation!!!

Jodi wrote on July 7, 2008 - 9:30 am

Youa re so right on, more prayer time is all that matters. I respect a family that does what works for thme and doesn’t bow to the culture. Enjoy your good looking week of dinner after the sun goes down!

Audra Krell’s last blog post..Works for Me Wed. (Peach Cobbler)

Audra Krell wrote on July 7, 2008 - 10:26 am

That all looks and sounds really good Annie, especially the taco chicken. I do a modified version of that, without the cream of soups. We like to eat it over chips and lettuce, like a taco chicken salad. Yours looks much better though, LOL!

Hope the week of prayer and fasting go well. Take care and have an awesome week!

Stacy’s last blog post..Monday Malaise

Stacy wrote on July 7, 2008 - 11:51 am

Great menu! I may have to steal the Taco Chicken idea. I need more good crockpot meals ( : Thanks for sharing!

Shannon (ShadesofShannon)’s last blog post..Long Weekend

Shannon (ShadesofShannon) wrote on July 7, 2008 - 1:14 pm

Mmm. We love Mexican around here. My grandma makes a wonderful taco ring. I’m hungry.

Shawna’s last blog post..How to Properly Care for Our Fickle Yet Beloved House Cat, Mr. Paw

Shawna wrote on July 7, 2008 - 3:23 pm

The Taco Ring sounds delicious. Have a great week.

Erica @ Cook Quick Easy Recipes wrote on July 7, 2008 - 4:52 pm

I had your blog open literally 24 hours so I could comment on this. And I’m finally getting to it! Each one sounds delish! 😉

oh amanda’s last blog post..Guess what wii got?!

oh amanda wrote on July 8, 2008 - 7:20 am

[…] mpm […]

My Life as Annie » Blog Archive » wordy wednesday wrote on July 8, 2008 - 9:29 pm

I LOVED church sleepovers with the girls when I was a teenager! 🙂

Nancy Face’s last blog post..A poopy little post…starring my kids

Nancy Face wrote on July 10, 2008 - 7:16 am

Your menu sounds really good. I might give that Taco Chicken a try.

Hope you’re having a great week!
Karen