post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 6:46 am — post Comments (9)

girltalk1.jpg

Yesterday was a productive day beginning to end. Have you ever noticed that some days are just like that? You get so much done and are on top of the world, while other days aren’t so much. I have what I like to call “clumsy days.” These are the days that I spend fixing things I break, and cleaning things I spill. All Day Long. You know, the days you wonder why you got out of bed, because your contribution to the universe is basically sitting at a 0%.

After my busy morning, I made it to prayer and on to all the errands on my list. I took that stupid fence back to Lowes. I am so thrilled that I won’t be hearing it bang against Izzy’s stroller ever again. While there I bought a cheap moderately priced weed eater because I cannot find the charger for our other one anywhere and I know it’s here. I know it is. Where would it go? I’m the only one who actively throws things away and I know that I would never throw it away. I hope not anyway. So guess what? Turns out Emelia loves to weed eat. She practically cried when I asked for a “turn.” She was a weed eating fool. It was a happy moment in my life. Bailey mowing, Emelia weed eating, Matt reading quietly inside. Izzy sleeping. Me orchestrating. All was well with the world.

Speaking of throwing things away… guess what I have planned today? Day one of “the emelia room project.” I could not dread any one thing more. Nope. I’d rather go in for back to back pap smears. I dread it that much. Her room can be clean one minute and then look like a bomb went off the next. My solution to this problem was to plan a few days to devote to the purging, cleaning, painting, and reorganization of her room. This is day 1. I’m not running in there to start even though I’m up at the crack of dawn. No way sister. I’m waiting until after I’ve had both caffeine and at least a cup of sugar. Maybe even some ibuprofen to soften the pain. These are the days you really wish you had the ability to twitch your nose and make it all go away, like Samantha on bewitched. Just once. A week.

So that’s my day. A lot of cleaning. I know that it will be worth it when the week comes to a close and it’s done and pretty and pink and clean. If she messes it up this time, she’s moving to the pantry. On second thought, I just got it organized… she’ll have to stay where she’s at. God love her.

Have a great Wednesday.

annie3.jpg

Oh my, when I was younger all I wanted in the whole world was to be able to twitch my nose like Bewitched or cross my arms and blink like Jeannie.

Taylor’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday: Aloha

Taylor wrote on July 2, 2008 - 8:17 am

I sooo have those days – where everything I touch drops or spills – Annie LOVES it because I am constantly sayin ARRRGGGHHH!

I have the same thing going on at my house I am dejunking all of annie’s junk – where does it come from????

dena’s last blog post..PICASSO!!!!

dena wrote on July 2, 2008 - 11:23 am

LOL I think we all have days like that and I for one always want to just crawl back into bed. Can’t do it, but I can dream right?

Sandra’s last blog post..A little of this and a little of that!

Sandra wrote on July 2, 2008 - 2:16 pm

How funny! You gonna post before & after pics?!

oh amanda’s last blog post..Brothers & Sisters on Wordless Wednesday

oh amanda wrote on July 2, 2008 - 8:13 pm

I need a productive day, or some of that nose twitching stuff! It’s probably not going to happen today though. There’s always tomorrow!

Gail’s last blog post..“Do you remember when we used to sing….”

Gail wrote on July 3, 2008 - 9:57 am

Okay. My house next, k? And bring that weed eater! 🙂

Tammy and Parker’s last blog post..Why I Love Yardsales

Tammy and Parker wrote on July 3, 2008 - 12:26 pm

That sounds like a big, fun project to get her room all organized! When I was living at home I was rearranging and de-junking my room all the time! Maybe it’s time to do that here….

Whitney’s last blog post..It feels like it’s been so long!

Whitney wrote on July 4, 2008 - 4:29 am

Back to back pap smears? YIKES, that’s some serious dread! I hope the project is going more smoothly than expected!

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Happy Bloggiversary to ME!

Nancy Face wrote on July 4, 2008 - 6:50 am

Your topic “» Blog Archive » wordy wednesday” was interesting when I found it on… what day is it, oh yeah, Friday… anywho I was searching for weed eater but google wasn’t helping me out at first. Got what I needed.

Weed Wacker wrote on July 31, 2009 - 12:38 am