faith lift fridays ~ vbs

I have to say, this week my faith lift has been going to vbs. Helping in the craft room, enjoying the friends at church. It really is a family and a family of faith. Last night was the second night. I was in the craft room again. There were about double the kids and it was a little more chaotic. Instead of spending a lot of time crafting and taking pictures, I spent a lot of time doing what I was probably intended to do in the first place, assist with crafts and help the kids. There was a lot of laughing and silliness too which is always good.

The previous night I sat in the bible lesson at the end of the night. Kasey was talking to the kids about making choices about what music they listen to. She gave examples of different instrumental music, asking them what feelings they created. She asked them if given the choice between music that have questionable lyrics and songs that have good messages which would they choose? The girls side immediately said, “Jesus.” The boy side said, “Rock music.” and then said, “okay. Jesus.” Matt and I had to laugh at their honesty and reluctance to give up their “music.” You know, that really applies to adults too, more specifically to me. I pretty much listen to klove, which is contemporary Christian music, but what about what’s on television? etc.? I think paying close attention to the things going in is worth some consideration. What we listen to becomes part of us somehow. The message that night resonated with me, to be more aware of what goes into my heart. It’s important.

I almost didn’t go to vbs last night. I spent the afternoon tromping around oil sites. I have mentioned I’m doing CAD’s and they thought it would be beneficial to see what I am CADing. It was hot and I ended up being out longer than I had expected. I also hadn’t eaten anything. I got the kids lunch, fed Iz and headed to Edmond. I assumed the meeting would be quick and I’d grab a chicfila or something on the way home. I ended up racing home at five to get dinner finished and everything going to be out the door at 6:15. The pool was reserved for the church from 8:30-10:30. I brought Iz home and put her to bed. Matt stayed home with her and we went to the pool. I almost didn’t swim, the water was cool and the air seemed cooler than normal. But, I saw my friends swimming so I jumped in too. I ended up going down the big slide many times with Miki and Ronna, and Bailey insisted I go down different ways… “go head first this time.” “Now go upside down backwards, head first.” Okay Bailey! It was fun and I even got my hair wet :).

I thought this picture of me and Miki was kinda funny, that is her son Preston wrestling with my Bailey in the background…

meandmiki.jpg

Here’s one of me checking out the oil site (trying to look a)interested and b)like I know what I’m looking at?)… (sidenote: don’t wear wedge/heel sandals when you plan to explore oil sites, not good)oil.jpg

Have a great Friday! To share something (anything) that has lifted your faith, visit Sheryl at Taking the Challenge!

Tags:

11 Responses to “faith lift fridays ~ vbs”

1. Twinkle Mom says:

That was a really great post and I so wished I could have made it to VBS here!
    It is so great to be participating and reading everyone’s Faith lift Friday again!

Twinkle Mom’s last blog post..Faith Lift Fridays- Col 3:17

2. Haley says:

You look so pretty in both those photos! Glad you enjoyed VBS!

Haley’s last blog post..TGIF! 🙂

3. KC says:

how many days of VBS do you have left?? Sounds like it is going well. What is CAD?? Great pictures.
    Happy Friday.

KC’s last blog post..Faith-Lift Friday (June 29, 2008)

4. Irene says:

I am so glad you had a lovely time! Oil site?! You do look the part!Well done!

Irene’s last blog post..Summer afternoon

5. Kat says:

It’s been a long time since I had kids in VBS. I used to teach a class every year. It’s alot of fun and also alot of planning, but so worth it.

Cute photos!

Hugs!
    Kat

Kat’s last blog post..PUSH

6. oh amanda says:

Yay for helping out at VBS! I love both the pictures–you look like you know exactly what’s going on! 🙂

oh amanda’s last blog post..Good Morning, East Coast!

7. yvonne says:

I think music is very important for a lot of young people–I know it is very tough for Kyle. He tries to be so careful, but sometimes those choices are tough. Glad VBS was good.

Love the pictures.

Have a great day.

yvonne’s last blog post..And We’re Off…

8. Kari says:

Okay…I’m writing this down…*note to self: no wedge or high heel shoes while checking out oil rigs. There. I’ve got it. Good point to make. lolol

You look great in the pictures! (And I love Bailey and the other boy wrestling so fiercely with each other in the background. Too funny.

Kari’s last blog post..I’m going in….!

9. Sheryl says:

It’s wonderful that you are not only feeling at home in your church but feeling like it’s family! VBS sounds fun!
    You are so right about being careful about the things we allow into our hearts/spirits/minds!
    Have a wonderful weekend, Annie!

Sheryl’s last blog post..~* Faith-Lift Fridays June 26, 2008 *~

10. Nancy Face says:

I loved reading about your experiences at Vacation Bible School! 🙂

The wrong kind of music can be a powerful tool of the adversary, in turning people’s hearts away from God. It’s so important to choose good music! 🙂

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Word of the Day…and Construction Dudes

11. I enjoyed your writing style and I’ve added you to my Reader. Keep these posts coming.