post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 7:31 am — post Comments (9)

It’s been a fun weekend, but I do love Mondays. I guess it’s the thought of a fresh start, a new week! Saturday turned out to be a pretty nice day. It’s getting really hot here already, I guess that’s not unusual. Matt took Bailey to see Indiana Jones at the theater with a friend, so Emelia decided she and I needed to have a pool/pizza party. I haven’t really been into swimming the last few years, but since it was important to her… So I let her order pizza to be delivered and started working in the flower beds hoping to get hot enough that swimming would appeal to me. It worked! I got quite a bit done and was so thankful for that cool water! She also insisted we eat in the pool. Not an easy task. But she had a ball and when I told her we needed to get out she said she just didn’t want our party to end. We got Izzy in the pool with us and stayed in another hour or so. Izzy seemed to enjoy the swim party too.

Today church went well, I really do enjoy teaching the junior high girl class. Today we talked about Matthew 17:20 (about the mustard seed) and I had a package of mustard seeds in my bag so we planted some and made a scripture picture with some. I’ve been teaching them the books of the N.T. song and they almost have it. I promised to take them out to breakfast when they can all sing it without looking. Next week they get a reward if they can quote the above verse. They are sweet girls. I got this message on my myspace tonight from one of them, Ashley (14).

u did see me this mornin and it was an awsome mornin. i’m so glad your uor sunday school teacher. U ROCK AND I LUV YA. you know before i met you and got to know u, i always thought you never really talked, i guess i was TOTALLY WRONG, LOL no i’m kidin you don’t talk alot but you don’t talk as little as i thought you did b-4 i got to know ya. i mean i thought u never really talked at all but u do carry on some good conversations. intresting and laugh-able conversations. luv ya see ya wednesday.

The preacher from our old church, Louis Thompson, died last week. His funeral is this coming week. It’s sad to me, I have so many memories of Louis… from camp to mission trips. He was a good guy. I helped mom make food after church today to take to the family. After I made my part I rearranged her front room furniture. She’s been asking me to help her rearrange for a while and there is never time. I came home and took a nap with Izzy. She was a little irritated today. I am not sure why, her eyes were really red and she was tired. I made a *salad* to take to the potluck tonight, but didn’t make it so I had it for dinner (yum).

*broccoli cauliflower salad*

1 head of broccoli (cut off stems and chop)

1 head of cauliflower (cut off bottom and chop)

1 can sliced black olives

3-4 green onions, sliced

ranch dressing

mix together and refrigerate.

• monday … grilled chicken & salad
  • tuesday … chicken spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread
  • wednesday… grilled chicken & salad
  • thursday … steak & baked potatoes
  • friday … pizza delivery!

Have a great week!

It is getting really hot here too, ugh! Need to work in my flower beds, hey, come on down!
That broccoli cauliflower salad looks SO good! Might have to try that soon.

Gail’s last blog post..?Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue?

Gail wrote on June 1, 2008 - 9:58 pm

I’m behind (yet again!) so it’s been fun “catching up” on my blog reading tonight.

Give Izzy Bear an extra hug for me.

Hugs!
Kat

Kat’s last blog post..BAREFOOTIN’

Kat wrote on June 1, 2008 - 10:27 pm

Eating while in the pool? Now that takes some kind of talent and co-ordination! :v)

The pool really does sound lovely. I wish we had one. My kids all swim like fish so I know they would love it and so would I! My hubby? Not so much, in fact, not at all. LOL.

Susanne wrote on June 1, 2008 - 11:12 pm

The swim party sounds cute! I’m glad you’re enjoying your teaching! I taught the children at church the books of the New Testament to the tune of “Yankee Doodle” and they were amazed at how quickly they could memorize them! 🙂

That salad sounds delish! 🙂

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Happy Anniversary to Ty and Sierra!

Nancy Face wrote on June 2, 2008 - 12:22 am

that salad sounds good!
Sounds like a fun weekend for all thats just great! It is getting quite hot here too and I love it! I enjoyed some time at the beach yesterday, but I rarely get in the water, I prefer sun bathing, the heat feels soo soo good!!!

You sounds to be a great teacher, I think that is awesome and what you are called to do!

I too enjoy mondays! It is a fresh start to the week!
Be Blessed Annie!

palmtreefanatic’s last blog post..Menu Monday

palmtreefanatic wrote on June 2, 2008 - 5:16 am

What a fun thing to do–eat in the pool. (Actually, I don’t think I could do it without really making a mess, but it would be fun to try ; )

I loved the note you received from your 14 y.o. student–that is too cute. Great job teaching them the song for the Books of the New Testament.

Your salad sounds delicious.

yvonne’s last blog post..Mixed Emotions

yvonne wrote on June 2, 2008 - 6:28 am

Sounds like a fun-filled weekend!
Sorry to hear about your past preacher dying. Did you make it to the funeral?
And, messages like those make it all worthwhile. Especially if you wonder if they’re listening!!
Hope you have an awesome week!

Coach Jenny’s last blog post..That Would Be Me

Coach Jenny wrote on June 2, 2008 - 3:17 pm

Your pool party sounds like fun. I’m glad that you were able to enjoy it. I’m sorry about your preacher. I’ll say a prayer for his family.
That’s a great message left on your myspace page. You must be doing an awesome job and should feel proud of how you are touching those young people.
The salad sounds delish. I’ll have to try that.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!

chupieandjsmama’s last blog post..This is just too good not to do

chupieandjsmama wrote on June 2, 2008 - 4:09 pm

love the myspace comment….hey, i need to find you on there!

oh amanda’s last blog post..Box o’ Cupcakes

oh amanda wrote on June 3, 2008 - 8:38 pm