oh me…

A reporter called my house this afternoon.  There have been five drownings in the city in the last week.  She wanted me to do an on-air interview about water safety.  I did it.  I know I look like a big dork.  If it gets just one persons attention and prevents one accident it will be totally worth looking like a dork.  I’m not mentioning the station, for those of you who are local… I don’t want you to see me looking like a dork!  UGH.

I did an interview last year with a new channel too.  It makes me cringe to watch it, it’s still on our tivo.  Matt makes fun of me every time!  He has promised not to make fun of me this time.  We’ll see.

Tags:

10 Responses to “oh me…”

1. yvonne says:

I think it’s great that you are willing to do this annie. You are so right about the importance of getting even one person’s attention.
    Great job!!!

yvonne’s last blog post..Mixed Emotions

2. Joyful Days says:

((Annie))

I cannot imagine you looking like a dork. That is really a blessing to people that you would step out of your comfort zone and do that. Believing that GOD will use your voice for good. Believing for sweet Izzy’s healing.

Love in Christ,

Julie

Joyful Days’s last blog post..The next time you feel like GOD can’t use you, just remember…

3. Irene says:

Terrible statistics! It is very important to help people understand the danger. Well done, Annie.

Irene’s last blog post..Why I despise villagers

4. Jodi says:

You a dork.. nah. I hope this does get parent’s attentions. I hope Matt is nicer to you and doesn’t make fun of you! *hugs*

Jodi’s last blog post..Designing our house

5. Stacy says:

I bet you did an awesome job! You should be very proud of yourself for stepping outside your comfort zone and trying to help others 🙂

Stacy’s last blog post..Nachos, Anyone?

6. […] btw… the interview was fine. I was pretty nervous, and even more nervous when it was time for the news to come on. They […]

7. Nancy Face says:

I’m proud of you for doing it, and I’m quite sure you didn’t look like a dork!

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Happy Anniversary to Ty and Sierra!

8. Coach Jenny says:

I was going to ask the tv station id…. :0)
    I’m glad you did it. And, I’m sure you weren’t a dork!

Coach Jenny’s last blog post..That Would Be Me

9. Michelle says:

I’m sure you didn’t look bad at all; good for you on doing the interview and helping to spread the word!

Michelle’s last blog post..Because It’s Not All Bad

10. oh amanda says:

How awesome! I know you did a good job—saw your other post. Is it online? I DO want to see it!

oh amanda’s last blog post..Box o’ Cupcakes