post Category: Izzy,me — mylifeasannie @ 8:38 am — post Comments (10)

This morning I met with Camilla, Izzy’s P.T. at school, to look at a lightweight stroller that a rep brought in for another child in the school. Because Camilla knew that Izzy is outgrowing her lightweight stroller and that her newest chair is too heavy to get in and out of the car she invited me to come and see this stroller. I think it is a good stroller and hope that we can get it for Isabelle.

From there I went to Emelia’s school for her award’s assembly. I walked in the school through the gym where the awards are usually given out. They were finishing up kindergarten graduation. My niece was there with her son who was graduating from kindergarten along with other familiar faces. I found Emelia’s class in the media center just beginning to receive awards. When her class stood at the end of the ceremony she quickly found me and looked content that I was there. I am not nearly as involved in her school life as I was with Amanda and Bailey. I was always the home room mom, always there. With Isabelle I just am not. there. But I do try to make it for special things like this.

As I was running errands this afternoon after dropping Izzy off at school I kept thinking about the kindergarten graduation. I couldn’t help but feel sad, knowing that had things been different, Izzy would be there graduating from kindergarten. Instead I was investigating stroller options. I mentioned that the four year mark came and went last week and really those dates don’t affect me that much. It is more the things like today that are hard to shake off. Little things can also be difficult like seeing a mother with a little girl about that age. Seeing what she should be. What she would be.

Again I swallow hard and keep going. Keeping my faith. Knowing it will all work out. Trusting God.

Annie, I can’t imagine how hard days like that and seeing things that remind you of how you wish Izzy could be are for you. I’m sending *HUGS* to you. And I’m always praying for sweet Izzy. It will work out and with God, all things are possible!

chupieandjsmama’s last blog post..Disappointment

chupieandjsmama wrote on May 21, 2008 - 6:47 am

Oh annie, you are such a wonderful and loving mom. I’m sorry it was a difficult day. So many are praying for sweet Izzy every day, and for strength for you. Here’s a big hug! (((((ANNIE)))))

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday~GRADUATION!

Nancy Face wrote on May 21, 2008 - 7:50 am

Saying a special prayer for you today.

Taylor’s last blog post..Calm Before the Storm

Taylor wrote on May 21, 2008 - 8:02 am

(((((HUGS))))) Annie.. Your in my prayers today.. and Congrats to Emelia on all her awards.

KC’s last blog post..Weekend Recap (May 17&18, 08)/ Wordless Wendesday(or not so wordless)

KC wrote on May 21, 2008 - 9:52 am

Big, big hug to you, Annie.

Karen’s last blog post..Pelecanidae (and Rubber Anatidae)

Karen wrote on May 21, 2008 - 10:10 am

Annie, that must have been so difficult. I love your faith and know what a great blessing you are to your family. You are right that things will work out. I think you are such a loving and amazing mom.

Hugs to you.

yvonne’s last blog post..Graduation Weekend

yvonne wrote on May 21, 2008 - 11:53 am

Thinking of you today. . .

ShadesofShannon’s last blog post..Hearts and Arrows

ShadesofShannon wrote on May 21, 2008 - 1:03 pm

(((hugs))), Annie. It’s all you can do. Lean harder into Him.

Love you!

oh amanda’s last blog post..Furniture Yumminess

oh amanda wrote on May 21, 2008 - 6:33 pm

I can’t imagine. You are such a strong woman, and God is going to show up and show out. I’m believing with you.

Coach Jenny’s last blog post..Steven Curtis Chapman Family Tragedy

Coach Jenny wrote on May 22, 2008 - 12:19 pm

I understand what you’re feeling about Izzy when you see other little girls about her age. After we lost Conner (our grandson) I couldn’t even walk past the infant department in a store without breaking down. My daughter-in-law said that every single time she saw a baby boy after Conner, her heart would feel like it was breaking. It’s the “what if’s” and the “if only’s” that tear us all up inside. I guess we were lucky in that we at least had the comfort of knowing that Conner was living with God and nothing more can ever hurt him. As a mother, you know that your Izzy will have many hurdles and obstacles to get over and past throughout her life. It’s tough knowing that. But always remember, Annie, that God has given Izzy the best mother and father and family in the whole wide world. Yes, she now has struggles that she wouldn’t have had but for her accident. But she also has the love and support of hundreds of strangers who have read about her life and who celebrate her every achievement as if she were their own beloved little girl. You may never be able to measure Izzy’s progress with others her age. You have a different gift from God with Izzy…you get to measure and celebrate the moments that so many of us take for granted with our children. The small things. The things that some of us don’t even think about. Try not to be sad when you think of those little children Izzy’s age. Those children may be living normal lives, but there’s no child on this planet who is more loved, more cared for and more appreciated than your Izzy, because every one around her understands just exactly how precious she is. And that is something to celebrate, every day.

Thinking of you and yours,
Kari