post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 10:50 am — post Comments (13)

It’s that time of year… graduation! Which made this week’s time travel theme very easy to decide. So, what do you remember about graduating from high school? Was there anything special about the actual ceremony you remember? What did you do after graduation?

I remember bits and pieces from my graduation night. I remember wearing a light turquoise strapless dress that my mom made for me (under the cap & gown). I remember walking across the stage and waiting in a big room to line up. Our graduation was at the Myriad Convention Center. I remember my bff Darla finding me and crying. I remember taking a picture with my twin friends (Shelli & Kelli), they are under 5′ tall and I was towering between the two of them. The picture below is shortly after my graduation. I was dating Matt at the time. My graduation was a bit of a blur, and then we came home to have a party with family and friends.

me-matt-3.jpg

This picture is one of my senior pictures. Check out the 80’s hair! Yikes!

16.jpg

Next year I will watch my baby daughter walk across that stage! Amazing. Where does time go?

I like the new look! I’ll try to post later! Have a sunny day!

Irene’s last blog post..Photo Hunt #1-Candy

Irene wrote on May 20, 2008 - 6:42 am

I LOVE the pictures! I think you remember more than I do about graduation, but I’ll be Time Traveling a bit later today! ๐Ÿ™‚

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Fun stuff…and just three words!

Nancy Face wrote on May 20, 2008 - 6:56 am

Well, I didn’t really have a graduation, sad! My dad didn’t like some things going on at school and had me take summer school after my junior year and get out of high school a year early, so I had already had a year of college when I should have been graduating. I don’t think I’ve ever really gotten over it!

Gail wrote on May 20, 2008 - 7:18 am

Love the pics!! For me graduating in the 80’s I didn’t have my “big” hair until after I graduated… LOL

This was a fun time travel.

Jodi’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday ~ Graduation edition

Jodi wrote on May 20, 2008 - 8:20 am

I love your picture–a couple of my children graduated in the 80’s so I have very similar graduation pictures for them.

You are so right about time passing quickly.

yvonne’s last blog post..Laugh With Me

yvonne wrote on May 20, 2008 - 9:10 am

My third child graduates next year…I’m shocked at that. Seems like just a few months ago he was starting school.

And let’s not make fun of 80’s hair, okay? It’s not our fault that we were so fashionable. lol

I’ve been meaning to reply to your comment about meeting in OKC, but I haven’t spent much time on the computer this past week. I would LOVE to meet with you. I’m thinking of driving up alone to visit my dad one of these days soon. I’ll let you know when and maybe we can arrange lunch or something. Between blogging, kids and big hair, I’m sure we’d have plenty to talk about! lol

๐Ÿ™‚
Kari

Kari’s last blog post..The Bra Olympics

Kari wrote on May 20, 2008 - 11:33 am

I graduated in the 90s and still had big hair!!

Shawna’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday

Shawna wrote on May 20, 2008 - 4:20 pm

I graduated in the mid-70s, so that was either before big hair became popular or mine just wouldn’t cooperate. ๐Ÿ™‚ This was fun to think about, though I only remember bits and pieces, too.

Barbara H.’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday: High School Graduation

Barbara H. wrote on May 20, 2008 - 4:25 pm

I graduated June 2, 1991… I wore a really pretty white dress under my red grown and my red cap. I remember graduatetion but what I remember most is that on June 1 I had my graduation party and after the party DH took me out to our resivor and by the moon light on the water asked me to marry him..(this after my dad told us both no no no we were too young) I accepted the ring anyways.. and that NIGHT was one heck of a long night when I got home… Lots of yelling and screaming by my parents and orders that I had to give the ring back.. So I was really tired on graduation day and I was also wearing my ring but trying to hid it from my parents. It was a long couple days… but Thankfully it all worked out and DH and I are still together today in 2008 and have 4 beautiful kids.. So it all worked out.

KC’s last blog post..Weekend Recap (May 17&18, 08)/ Wordless Wendesday(or not so wordless)

KC wrote on May 20, 2008 - 10:29 pm

Beautiful photos!

Linda’s last blog post..SMELLIN’ GOOD (Giveaway)

Linda wrote on May 21, 2008 - 11:28 am

I was so happy to graduate! But surprised myself by crying the whole time!

Happy Graduation to Amanda!

oh amanda’s last blog post..Furniture Yumminess

oh amanda wrote on May 21, 2008 - 6:36 pm

You were beautiful! And how did I miss this post? I think I’m losing my mind. ๐Ÿ™‚

Vader’s Mom’s last blog post..Senior Year

Vader’s Mom wrote on May 23, 2008 - 11:04 pm

I book marked the site i never seen so many good resources in one place and free.

markez linda wrote on March 11, 2009 - 2:42 am