post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 4:11 pm — post Comments (8)

Sorry. No time travel today.

I took Iz to the dr. yesterday.  Her pediatrician was surprised to see her.  She rarely gets sick.

She was diagnosed with bronchitis and sinusitis.  She’s better already.

I had what I think may have been a gallbladder attack yesterday… pretty painful.  Today I feel dizzy and have a headache. Ick.  I did get several things checked off my todo list anyway… like cleaning out the fridge and mailing some documents for work.

I got this in an email and thought it was funny…

Only in America ……do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in America ……do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

Only in America ……do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

Only in America…..do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the
driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

Only in America ……do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

Only in America…..do we use the word ‘politics’ to describe the process so well: ‘Poli’ in Latin meaning ‘many’ and ‘tics’ meaning ‘bloodsucking creatures’.

Only in America ……do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

EVER WONDER …

Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?

Why women can’t put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why don’t you ever see the headline ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’?

Why is ‘abbreviated’ such a long word?

Why is it that doctors call what they do ‘practice’?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?

Why didn’t Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

Why do they sterilize the needle for    lethal injections?

You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don’t they make the whole plane out of that stuff?!

Why don’t sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

That’s all for now, I’m off to pick up Emelia from an honor choir party and then start making tacos for dinner… Happy Tuesday!

Awww, I am sorry to hear Izzy hasn’t been feeling well, but I am glad that she is better already. I hope you feel better soon. I can’t imagine anything gallbladder related would feel great. Enjoy your tacos!

Dawn’s Daily Life’s last blog post..Heads Or Tails~Mother

Dawn’s Daily Life wrote on May 6, 2008 - 4:33 pm

I hope she feels better soon!!! You too!!

Jodi’s last blog post..New Blog design

Jodi wrote on May 6, 2008 - 5:06 pm

I got a similar e-mail not too long ago, but at the end, there was a quote from Jay Leno, something along the lines of, “With all the tornadoes, floods, tsunamis, fires, war and disasters, is this really the time to be taking God out of The Pledge of Allegiance?” That really struck me. I hope your daughter makes a speedy recovery!

Martha’s last blog post..Paging Dr. Mommy

Martha wrote on May 6, 2008 - 5:51 pm

I’m glad Izzy is feeling better. I hope you get feeling better quickly, too. I’m sorry you’ve been feeling so yucky! 🙁

That email is just plain HILARIOUS! 😀

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Not as horrendous as swimsuit shopping…

Nancy Face wrote on May 6, 2008 - 6:00 pm

I’m so glad Izzy is feeling better. I’m sorry about the gallbladder attack. (I’ve had them and I know what you’re going through. I finally had mine removed and am so glad I did.)

I loved that e-mail. Too funny.

yvonne’s last blog post..Another Great Weekend

yvonne wrote on May 6, 2008 - 7:14 pm

so happy to hear Izzy is better! nice thought provoking post!

palmtreefanatic’s last blog post..I had fun!

palmtreefanatic wrote on May 7, 2008 - 9:41 am

I had never thought of that – Shame on those store! “Only in America ……do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.”

Happy Izzie is doing better. There is nothing worse than a sick child. God Bless!

Kathleen Marie’s last blog post..Live Well

Kathleen Marie wrote on May 7, 2008 - 11:40 am

Glad izzy is better!

oh amanda’s last blog post..Really & Truly Wordless!

oh amanda wrote on May 7, 2008 - 2:16 pm