i can’t think of a title, but anyway…

Today (Sunday) was our first day teaching the jr. high kids at church. The first time in about four years that I have taught a class. It went pretty well. I have the girls, Matt has the boys. I have been going for church not class for years also. When asked to teach the class I hesitated, then debated with myself, then prayed about it, then waited. I just wasn’t sure. Isabelle and I have had our Sunday morning routine. Matt and the kids leave for bible school. We get ready and then come for church. It was a race every Sunday at that so why mess with it right? I felt like I got a clear “yes” about teaching and decided I would have to figure out a new routine to work for us. After I agreed I feel like a constant attack has been happening. Some pretty rough days honestly. Thursday was probably the worst day of the past week. But, I had my plan to get things together yesterday including everyone’s clothes for church and get up one hour earlier to get Izzy fed and ready. It worked. I put two pork tenderloins in the crock pot last night before going to bed. I poured a bottle of head country bbq sauce over them and turned it on low. I made potato salad last night while working on dinner and then made baked beans this morning while putting cinnamon rolls in for breakfast. I got all our clothes ironed and ready and this morning went pretty much like clock work. Pretty much. The lunch was wonderful. There is tons left which isn’t a bad thing. The potato salad was delish too! It was nice to have everything done. Matt finally finished getting the net up on the trampoline. There were many bolts and screw missing so I ended up making two trips to the lumber yard for replacements. You would think for $400 they would put all the parts in. It is up though so it’s all good. It is very sturdy and I know the kids will have years of fun on it. The netting on the last trampoline was never quite right so Matt was meticulous about getting it perfect. Tonight was a potluck at church. Cinco de mayo was the theme. I made a batch of guacamole. I love guacamole! That’s pretty much all I ate at the dinner, that and sopapilla casserole which was really good too. I need to find out who made it and get the recipe!

Tomorrow night (Monday) we’ll have leftover bbq because there is so much left!

Tuesday night we’ll have tacos.

Wednesday night burgers.

Thursday we’ll have chicken enchiladas.

and Friday Matt’s mom and aunt are coming so we’ll probably order pizza.

Saturday John is cooking for Mother’s Day… my favorite penne pasta with artichokes and stuff. Love it.

The diet is still going great. I think I’m down about 20 pounds now.

Well, I’m off to bed. I tried to take a short nap this afternoon after I finally finished Jan Karon’s new book (it was really good btw). It was enough nap to feel groggy and icky. So bed sounds really good to me right now.

(you can puruse menus over at org.junkie!)

I do plan to have time travel for Tuesday. So check back later!

Tags:

14 Responses to “i can’t think of a title, but anyway…”

1. Jodi says:

Sounds like you have everything down pat for your Sunday routine now!! The rest of your weeks sounds yummy!

Jodi’s last blog post..Monday Morning Meme #4

2. Nancy Face says:

You had to make many sacrifices to accept the teaching assignment at church. God will bless you abundantly for your efforts! (It all sounded exhausting to me!)

Yay for your trampoline…and the Cinco de Mayo potluck…and losing 20 POUNDS! Wow, you are THE BOMB! 🙂

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Poor Zach Face!

3. yvonne says:

I think you will be a fabulous teacher.

You are sure organized–I’m so impressed.

Congrats on the 20 pounds. I love when you post your menu–it always sounds so delicious.

yvonne’s last blog post..Today…

4. Gail says:

It was never easy for me to get to sunday school & church with 4 kids, but planning the night before helped….I think you’re way better at that than I ever was! You’ll do great with the class I’m sure.
    20 lbs, yay! I need to come diet with you!

I’ve loved all the Jan Karon books, gotta get the new one soon.

5. Susanne says:

I totally admire you Annie for being so organized and taking on those classes. We quit greeting because we just couldn’t get our acts together to get there a half hour earlier when it was our turn. Kudo’s to you!

Your comment on my “blog burgers” was funny. Made me laugh. I’ll have to try to come up with something for that!

Susanne’s last blog post..Monday Mish Mash and Menu Plan

6. Tori :) says:

Your menu sound delish! I think I may be copying it!

Tori :)’s last blog post..Who says I’m not cultured?

7. KC says:

Sounds like everything went smoothly and the dinner sounds yummy

KC’s last blog post..Weekend Recap (May 2-4, 2008)

8. Sandra says:

Great menu Annie 🙂

Sandra’s last blog post..I’m just so tired right now……..

9. Hi Annie,

Thanks for commenting on Eagles’ Rest. I thought I’d bop over here and check your blog. I’m glad I did.

I read the story of the near-drowning of Izzy, and have one thought for you. If you’ll check the story in Matthew 14, where Jesus sent His disciples into a storm on the sea, and subsequently caught up with them on foot on the water .. the one where Peter wanted to walk out to Him .. notice that after He’d calmed the storm, they worshiped Him. That is the first time they ever did that!

I’ve seen time and time again, that when Jesus really steps in and saves our bacon, we’re brought to a new place of worship, perhaps because we realize a bit more of Who He really is. And that’s always a mind-bender.

And it’s not to correct anything in us, IMO. It’s His sovereign election of a closer relationship with us. And that sort of thing has a beginning but no end.

Ever.

God bless you.

Bob Cleveland’s last blog post..Some Things Outlive Us

10. Irene says:

You definitively deserve a rest!It’s so good that your dieting efforts are having results. Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

Irene’s last blog post..My name day.

11. dena says:

Ok – how do you eat all that yummy food you make and lose TWENTY pounds?

dena’s last blog post..Weekend FUN!

12. Kari says:

Glad your Sunday morning went so well. Change can be overwhelming, can’t it? But it’s usually not as horrible as we convince ourselves it will be. lol

I’ve just discovered crock pot cooking. I’m crazy about it. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to cook without it now. lol And I’ve probably saved $100 in the last week alone by using it (I’m a great one for putting off fixing dinner in the afternoons until we end up just going out to eat somewhere instead).

Congrats on the 20 pounds, by the way!!! I’m so happy for you!

🙂
    Kari

Kari’s last blog post..Allow me to introduce myself….I am

13. toknowhim says:

Hey Annie,

I see you stopped by to say hello…. The 40 days kind of went fast and slow, but I learned so much!!! I really did… I am entering blog world again slowly trying to find out where it all fits in my life… Blessings, and the picture of your kids at Easter is adorable 🙂 Kim

14. oh amanda says:

I’d love it if you were my teacher—even if I’m not in jr. high!

oh amanda’s last blog post..twitter twitter twitter