faith lift fridays ~ words

The words we speak are so important. In Proverbs 18:21 it says, “The tongue has the power of life and death.” I am learning more and more everyday that I have what I say. The bible says if you say to the mountain be removed and be cast into the sea and do not doubt it in your heart, it will happen. It doesn’t say to pray to God that the mountain might fall into the sea if it is His will. It says that you are to speak directly to that mountain. The mountain is the issues of life that we want to change. It’s important to speak directly to those problems and believe what I am saying in my heart. It may sound a little crazy, but it is the truth and it is directly from God’s word. Try it, next time you have a mountain in your way… tell it to move. If you believe it, it will move!

A little sidenote: I’ve been speaking to one of my mountains (Izzy’s brain, hands, legs etc.). I spoke to those issues many times yesterday. We have a bell beside Izzy’s bed that she can ring if she wants up. She has done it one time before. Last night at 3 a.m., she rang that bell. It takes a very deliberate movement to ring it and there is not much chance for accidental ringings. She was reaching to ring it again when I got her out of bed and let her snuggle with me. I was happy to be woken up even that early in the morning for Izzy.

My bloggy friend Sheryl is the host of faith lift fridays each week, visit her to share your faith or to read about others.

Tags:

7 Responses to “faith lift fridays ~ words”

1. yvonne says:

God expects us to ask and do, doesn’t he. I’m so grateful for Him.

I love that Lizzy woke you up for a snuggle.

Have a great weekend, annie.

yvonne’s last blog post..Memoir Tag

2. oh amanda says:

Awesome, Annie! I’ve heard this same thing and it really struck me b/c often (most of the time) we talk TO God ABOUT our problems. According to this verse it seems like we are to speak TO our problems ABOUT what God has already said!

You know I’m on the same page with you, Annie—BELIEVING!

oh amanda’s last blog post..The Weekly Oh! Round Up

3. Loving Annie says:

Much can be done with faith… Believing done with love is very powerful.

Loving Annie’s last blog post..Think Positive

4. karen says:

What a great testimony, I was really pleased to hear that Izzy touched the bell and how you had been standing on that Rhema word in faith. Very encouraging. I can just see you being an encouragement to other women Annie, standing up and sharing with them. Not only are you an inspiration, you are faith filled, optimistic and a hip Mama 🙂

karen’s last blog post..Six Word Memoir Meme

5. sheryl says:

Great insight, Annie! I love that Izzy rang for you 🙂

sheryl’s last blog post..~* Faith-Lift Fridays *~

6. Irene says:

Oh Annie, as I get to know God’s word everything looks fresh. And you have fresh eyes and mind . Thank you for sharing this with us. I am so very pleased to hear about Izzy! Sweet kisses to that little darling.

Irene’s last blog post..Spring Weekend

7. Kat says:

Oh Annie! How exciting that Izzy rang the bell! It’s so true…God can/will/does move mountains. We must believe.

My family just left this morning so in between laundry and putting the house back together (smile), I’m enjoying catching up on what’s been happening with all of my blog buddies.

Hugs!