time travel tuesday ~ prom

Yes, I obviously have prom on the brain!

This week travel back to your junior or senior high prom…

Did you go all out like Amanda? What did your dress look like?

Who did you go with? Any special memories from prom night?

I didn’t go to prom. Sad huh? Growing up in a very conservative church I was not allowed to go to school dances. Ever. I remember trying to convince my parents they were harmless but they didn’t go for it. I thought that this was the reason I didn’t attend my high school prom. My mom set the record straight the other night… I was dating Matt during both my junior and senior years of high school. He was older and living in a dorm room at college. Mom said she took me shopping, we bought a prom dress and everything and that Matt wasn’t interested in going to the prom so I just didn’t go. I guess I suppressed that memory. I would doubt mom’s memory about it, but she even described the dress we bought and then returned. So, I have no prom memories to share.

Tags:

14 Responses to “time travel tuesday ~ prom”

1. Gail says:

I didn’t have a prom either! Graduated school early so never had a senior year or anything that went along with it!

2. yvonne says:

I won’t bore you with my sad story ; ( Love yours–mom’s do REMEMBER EVERYTHING, don’t we.

yvonne’s last blog post..Monday, Monday

3. Whitney says:

I’m sorry you didn’t have a prom! But I do think that they can be over-rated. I loved my senior prom though, my hubby took me 🙂

Whitney’s last blog post..I guess I work at a gas station?

4. Nancy Face says:

I’m sorry you didn’t go to Prom…it seems like there are lots of guys who don’t really get what the big deal is. Now I’m REALLY glad you tried on dresses with Amanda! Such a fun, FUN memory with your sweet daughter! 🙂

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday~PROM!

5. Jodi says:

This was a fun one!!! I’m sorry you didn’t get to go to prom Annie!

Jodi’s last blog post..Hope this makes you smile today!

6. oh amanda says:

prom is totally overrated, Annie! I’ve got a great prom story…I’m going to try to get to it today. I’ve got a doctor’s appointment after Lydia’s nap (no ultrasound, tho’). So, we’ll see!

oh amanda’s last blog post..You Heard It Here First

7. Shawna says:

I’m so in this time. My proms were semi-fun, nothing too special.

Shawna’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday

8. Awww, I am sorry you didn’t get to go to Prom! My Junior year prom was amazing, because it was with my sweetheart Teddy, but my senior year was overrated big time. First off, I PLANNED the dance so I was sick of it the time it rolled around (and did I mention, sooooo stressed?!) Plus, I went with a jerk!

9. awww…I too never went to prom, aloud or not not sure I guess I would have been aloud to go IF only I had a date, I really wanted to go with a friend of mine that was actually Gay, but he too was taking another girl So I never went, always saddened me but such as life!

palmtreefanatic’s last blog post..Lots of Tackling!

10. Loving Annie says:

I had to ask one of my friends older brothers to take me… I had on a pretty pale yellow floor length halter dress…

Loving Annie’s last blog post..Olympus Stylus 1010 Digital Camera

11. Isn’t it odd the memories we bury deep within our minds?

Dawn’s Daily Life’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday~Prom Edition

12. KC says:

Well I didn’t get time to do this on my blog today.. so I’ll answer a few of the questions here.. I went to prom twice my Jr and my Sr year. both times I went with DH(remember I started dating him when I was 16 LOL)
    I too grew up in a very conservative church and you just didn’t go to dances or listen to music for that matter LOL.. but my parents were not as stricted as most of my church friends parents were.. That being said.. I was not allowed to go to school dances, I wasn’t allowed to try out for cheerleading or any of that other stuff.. but for some reason my parent did let me go to prom.. It was fun to get all dressed up and go to dinner and then to prom, though I felt really out of place at the prom with everyone dancing and DH and I sat around the table talking and watching other people dance.. though we did dance a few slow dances.. post prom was always fun.. and my Sr year they even had a breakfast for us after post prom. and the day after prom we always did something fun also like Cedar Point or something..
    My Jr year prom I wore a long floor leangth blue dress and my Sr year I wore a tea leanght teal dress.. I’ll have to post pictures one of these days.. but don’t have time any time soon.. I have so many post running though my mind right now but no time to blog..

KC’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday (April 16, 2008 4 years later)

13. sheryl says:

Aack! I missed TTT again! My days are so off right now. I never went to prom, though, so couldn’t have written this one anyhow.
    Hopefully, my blogging schedule will get back on track soon.
    Have a great week!

sheryl’s last blog post..~* Faith-Lift Fridays, April 11, 2008 *~

14. Susanne says:

We didn’t have proms at our school or in our city in Alberta. I wonder if it’s just an American tradition?

Susanne’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday