post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 4:23 am — post Comments (20)

You’re probably thinking to yourself, “why would anyone want to go back and remember a fight?” Well, I’ll tell you… When we were at the anniversary dinner Saturday evening the topic of a last fight before the big wedding came up. Seemed like everyone had one. I guess getting ready to be married is a stressful time, causing all sorts of fighting (sorry Lauren… I’m sure you and Ted won’t fight before your wedding). So, how about it? Did you and your beloved have a blowout before exchanging vows? Come back and tell us about it, or brag about how sweet you were to each other and how you never had a single fight (before marriage of course!)…

I’ll share the fight I shared with the group at the party… Not that there were more than one, well maybe there were. Anyway, Matt had made only a couple of requests regarding the actual wedding. He wanted to wear a black tux, red tie and red cumber bun, and he wanted a particular song played. I had to over rule the tux request because a) it was the 80’s and b) teal and mauve were the colors of the wedding! Yep, I made him wear an ivory tux and his groomsmen wore teal ties and cumber buns…

He sorta didn’t find out about my color choices until the day before the wedding. He also didn’t find out I didn’t get the song he requested worked out that day too. It got ugly. I was all like, “I’m sorry… I didn’t think you cared that much…” and he was all like, “I only asked for two things, just two things!”

We obviously made up, and will be married 19 years this June (17th)…

LOL! Priceless those moments are!!! Hugs Annie!

Jenileigh’s last blog post..Divine Appointment

Jenileigh wrote on April 8, 2008 - 3:55 am

One of these days, I’m going to join this meme!

My mom and uncle had a little fight right before the ceremony, so that was kind of annoying. They’ve been feuding for years. Fortunately, I was so crazy in love, it didn’t ruin the day. I was a little sad about it, but I was overjoyed just to finally be in the same room with my true love after being separated by 2000 miles for most of our courtship.

Farrah’s last blog post..Busy Monday

Farrah wrote on April 8, 2008 - 4:03 am

I’m working on my answer now…it wasn’t usually dh and I that were fighting, but the fights did spill over.

Leni’s last blog post..Dodge Spirit Update

Leni wrote on April 8, 2008 - 7:48 am

Too funny!! I am trying to think if we fought before we got married…. hmmm

Jodi’s last blog post..Another giveaway?

Jodi wrote on April 8, 2008 - 8:27 am

You’ve just got to come read mine. If all we fought over were the colors of the clothes we were wearing in the wedding….the only fight I do remember having before the wedding wasn’t with dh. It was with someone else. Dh just wanted to get married and be done with it, and move on to the honeymoon ;0)

Coach Jenny’s last blog post..Let’s Review, Shall We? And There Will Be a Test at the End.

Coach Jenny wrote on April 8, 2008 - 8:56 am

This was so much fun to read about! I had my hubby wear a white tux, but he didn’t care about details like that. Even though I was kind of stubborn and opinionated, it was impossible to fight or even raise my voice with Kris because he’s such a kind and patient and gentle person. I wonder why he liked ME, haha! 😀

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Lunch with YVONNE!

Nancy Face wrote on April 8, 2008 - 9:15 am

Aw, poor Matt! I had wanted my husband to wear a white tux (made sense to me — if the bride’s white dress was to symbolize purity, shouldn’t the man’s suit do the same?), but he didn’t want to look like “Mr. Clean,” he said, so we compromised and he wore a white jacket and black pants. I had forgotten about that — I may go back and add it in.

Barbara H.’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday: Fight Edition

Barbara H. wrote on April 8, 2008 - 9:25 am

Isn’t it funny some of the things we disagree about! I don’t remember if we fought before the wedding, afterwards is different but we’re still making it too!

Gail’s last blog post..?So, I will dance with Cinderella?

Gail wrote on April 8, 2008 - 9:44 am

LOL.. great idea for the time travel today..
I really didn’t have a fight that I can remember close to the wedding.. but My time travel is up now and ready to view. I think you were commenting on my other post while I was posting the time travel post. 🙂

KC’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday(The Last Fight)

KC wrote on April 8, 2008 - 10:05 am

You stinker!!!!!!

Susan – Penless Writ’s last blog post..ANSWERED PRAY & A GIFT TO REMIND ME TO PRAY FOR KENYA

Susan – Penless Writ wrote on April 8, 2008 - 12:22 pm

What a sweet story. I hope to post mine a little later this evening.

Sonya’s last blog post..*Sticky Post* Stuck In the Middle and A CD

Sonya wrote on April 8, 2008 - 2:59 pm

Oh no!! He will forever be remembered in white!!

My Matt and I got into a huge fight while we were dating because we broke the rule of not talking about ex’s. We were walking on a greenway next to a river. I stormed off in one direction and he waited a few minutes before following me. I had gone back to the parking lot about a 1/2 mile away and sat at a picnic table. He became worried that something had happened to me. Then he saw me at the table. He was so mad he cursed at me then refused to talk to me for about 30 minutes. I had never seen him so mad. But, we got over it.

Shawna’s last blog post..ER Scare: Part 1

Shawna wrote on April 8, 2008 - 4:06 pm

Love the picture of the two bears!!! You look so beautiful on your wedding day. I do vaguely remember having a disagreement with Allan before we got married, but I can’t remember what it was about. (I guess that’s a good thing ; )

yvonne’s last blog post..A FABULOUS VISIT

yvonne wrote on April 9, 2008 - 8:18 am

You know I don’t remember any fights before our wedding. Reed was totally unconcerned about any details. His one assignment was to show up. 🙂

Your website changes so often. You are a pretty talented designer!

Tammy and Parker’s last blog post..Monkey See?..

Tammy and Parker wrote on April 9, 2008 - 9:22 am

So what was the song he wanted? I mean, who knows? Maybe you did him a favor by not having it played. lol
My son had to wear a white tux with a red cummerbund in his cousin’s wedding (in 2001). He said he felt like the Good Humor Man. But hey, his cousin’s bride wanted her wedding to be red and white so that’s what they wore. Makes for some funny pictures, though. Looks like a whole row of Good Humor Men. lol

Kari’s last blog post..American Idol Picks and “What’s in a Name?”

Kari wrote on April 9, 2008 - 9:31 pm

Oh, how funny! Weddings CAN be stressful!

oh amanda’s last blog post..Oh! More Daisies & Shoes!

oh amanda wrote on April 10, 2008 - 7:33 am

I am positive we won’t fight, for two reasons. 1. Ted is smart and pretends to not have an opinion and let’s me plan everything. 2. He will be in Seattle for most of the engagement haha!

Busy Bee Lauren’s last blog post..The Proposal.

Busy Bee Lauren wrote on April 10, 2008 - 11:50 pm

What song did he want?

Tori :)’s last blog post..My thoughts on a very important subject…

Tori :) wrote on April 11, 2008 - 9:57 am

Is that you and Matt dressed up in bear costumes???
Honestly, Brain and I don’t fight. Many people have told us we’ll end up divorced if we don’t start fighting, but I don’t think so. Not sure what it is about us – it isn’t as though I don’t have an irritable bone in my body LOL!!! – but we just don’t fight with each other. I like it this way. *grin*

Karen’s last blog post..To “Burnt Out Mom”

Karen wrote on April 11, 2008 - 2:48 pm

And then of course you lived happily ever after and did not fight again! hee-hee.

Jill’s last blog post..Snips and Snails and Sheep Legs