post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 7:07 am — post Comments (10)

Today we’re traveling back to our childhood, what did the dishes you ate off of everyday look like? Did you have a favorite cup or plate? Did your mother have fancy dishes for company? Tell us all about those special dishes while you travel back in time!

My mama had those pyrex or corningware dishes that scream the 70s when I was growning up.  You know the ones, white with brown flowers around the edges…

I was told they were so strong they were on the tip of the space shuttle.  You know you CAN break one of those plates when you drop them in just the right way on the floor?  Not too reassuring for NASA.  We even had brown glasses to drink out of.

We had nicer dishes too, but they stayed in the china cabinet… reserved for very special occasions.

I wish I could remember…

I have an award for you on my blog.

yvonne’s last blog post..April Celebrations

yvonne wrote on April 1, 2008 - 12:15 am

Yes, scary for NASA! :0

When I was getting married, we registered for heavy glass goblets by Mikasa that were the EXACT same color of amber as the ones in your picture! Nope, I don’t have them any more…they went the way of the yard sale MANY moons ago, haha! 😀

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday~DISHES!

Nancy Face wrote on April 1, 2008 - 7:55 am

We had the same corningware dishes, but we had green flowers instead of brown…NICE!!

Taylor’s last blog post..AWWWW

Taylor wrote on April 1, 2008 - 8:20 am

I have a set of those, white w/ blue flowers. I also have one of those glasses in my cabinet. lol
Think they could be worth any money? lol

Alabama Grandmother wrote on April 1, 2008 - 3:29 pm

i loved this and the whole idea of the time travel. I posted a blog posting about this.

corrine’s last blog post..TeeHeeHee Tuesday

corrine wrote on April 1, 2008 - 3:33 pm

Oh, we used tupperware…with square edges! And…hmm…I can’t think of any nice dishes than that!

oh amanda’s last blog post..The Most Amazing Day of My Life

oh amanda wrote on April 1, 2008 - 7:31 pm

How funny that you would post this today and I had no clue and went off about my bunny plate. LOL :^D

My WordPress template is called Bytes For All. I love it because it’s so very customizable and it’s “stretchy” as in it adjusts to whatever size screen resolution a reader has.

nancypants’s last blog post..Like my new header?

nancypants wrote on April 1, 2008 - 10:44 pm

We had the same dishes, except ours were white with green around the edge. Wow…I haven’t thought about those in years…and years!

Hugs!
Kat

Kat’s last blog post..MONDAY – SO HAPPY!

Kat wrote on April 1, 2008 - 11:28 pm

Annie, I don’t know if you have Photoshop or not but if you don’t and you need/want me to make a personalized header for you, I can do it! :^D Just e-mail me and let me know!

nancypants’s last blog post..One Picture, Many Roads?

nancypants wrote on April 2, 2008 - 3:19 pm

We ate off of Corelle dishes with the little green flowers. My Mom still has them, but won’t give them up to me yet! Maybe she’ll leave them in the will to me! 😀

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Lisa/The Apron Queen’s last blog post..Vintage Thingies Thursdays: Vintage Kitchen Towels

Lisa/The Apron Queen wrote on April 3, 2008 - 5:36 pm