post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 4:37 am — post Comments (19)

This week I’m trying some new recipes! Two of which call for feta cheese! I rarely use feta cheese. We are having a guest speaker Sunday evening through Wednesday evening, so we’ll be going to church every night. I’m not assigning the meals to a particular day this week…

Meal 1: Creamy chicken…

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small white onion, sliced and split into rings
1/3 cup white wine
2 tablespoons dried parsley
3/4 cup whipping cream

In a shallow bowl sift together the flour, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture and pat firm caking the flour into all the crevices. In a large skillet heat together the butter and olive oil. Saute’ the onion rings until browned and beginning to caramelize. Add the chicken and cook until brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove the chicken and onions and set aside. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes until heated through. Add the parsley and whipping cream, cooking over low heat until sauce thickens. Serve over chicken and mashed potatoes. Top with the onions.

Meal 2: Greek Tacos

Ingredients:

* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
* 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 2 cups fresh baby spinach
* 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
* 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) taco shells
* 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 1/4 cup chopped red onion

Directions:
In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, Greek seasoning, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and olives; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
Meanwhile, place taco shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300Β° for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture into each shell. Top with feta cheese and onion.

Meal 3: Bacon-Feta Stuffed Chicken

1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2- 14 1/2 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp. dried basil

1. In a small bowl, mix bacon and cheese together lightly.
2. Cut a pocket in the thicker side of each breast. Fill each with 1/4 of bacon and cheese. Pinch shut and secure with toothpick.
3. Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with basil.
4. Cover and cook on High for 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours, or until chicken is tender, but not dry or mushy.

Meal 4: $5 subs at Subway!

Meal 5: Burgers

Saturday: Dinner at the Waterford (Jane Ellen & Ron’s 25th Anniversary dinner)

For more great menus, visit org. junkie!

tsif1.gif

Sounds like some wonderful dishes!
Thanks for sharing!

palmtreefanatic’s last blog post..Spring Break recap

palmtreefanatic wrote on March 31, 2008 - 5:47 am

Can I just say how much I LOVE Feta Cheese???? I bet those recipes will turn out great! Hope your week is awesome!

Haley’s last blog post..I know what I’m going to request for my birthday….

Haley wrote on March 31, 2008 - 8:54 am

I love the saltiness of feta. I added the Bacon-Feta Stuffed Chicken to my list to try in a couple of weeks.

Barbara’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

Barbara wrote on March 31, 2008 - 9:31 am

Sounds like a yummy week! Have fun this week at church.

Jodi’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

Jodi wrote on March 31, 2008 - 9:40 am

How fun that you’re trying new recipes AND having so many guest speakers at church! πŸ™‚

Wow! I bet the anniversary dinner will be AMAZING!

Nancy Face wrote on March 31, 2008 - 9:42 am

That all sounds so good, Annie! You know, I bought some feta a few weeks ago, and that little tub is languishing at the back of my fridge. I need to get it out and try something with it πŸ™‚ These all look really good!

And I’m so glad you posted about Subway last week. I’ve also seen their commercials on TV since then. I told the hubby about it (the one who LOVES Subway) and we got subs last week. Had them for supper one night, a half each, and then the rest for lunch the next day. Sorta soggy, but a cheap, easy meal. Thanks so much for letting us know!

Hope you have a great week, and a fun time at the anniversary dinner πŸ™‚

Stacy’s last blog post..Old Mr. Robin

Stacy wrote on March 31, 2008 - 10:41 am

Those Greek tacos sound divine!

oh amanda’s last blog post..My Soapbox for the Week

oh amanda wrote on March 31, 2008 - 10:56 am

Your recipes sound SO good Annie…..hope you enjoy them πŸ™‚

Mine is up too

Sandra?

Sandra’s last blog post..Portuguese Rice Pudding!

Sandra wrote on March 31, 2008 - 11:03 am

Your menu sounds so yummy. I think those Greek tacos sound delicious. I’m going to have to copy that recipe down for sure. Thanks so much for sharing!

Kate’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday: Starting a new month

Kate wrote on March 31, 2008 - 11:28 am

I love how you included all of your recipes! These look so good! We adore feta but don’t use it often either!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you’ll come back soon ~ I’ll definitely be back here!

Mrs. Brownstone’s last blog post..LIKE TWO SHIPS PASSING IN THE NIGHT…

Mrs. Brownstone wrote on March 31, 2008 - 11:41 am

Looks like a great menu and a great week! We love Feta at our house and often use it in salads and other dishes (much preferred over blue cheese! πŸ™‚

Best,
Sarah

Sarah’s last blog post..Meal Planning Monday

Sarah wrote on March 31, 2008 - 12:56 pm

Those all look so good. I’d like to try one of those with feta cheese – I always use mozzarella and cheddar. I’ve made something before like meal #1 and it was great.

terri’s last blog post..The Girls Weekend Activities

terri wrote on March 31, 2008 - 1:59 pm

That chicken sounds really good! I don’t usually buy feta but might have to check it out sometime.
And I’ll definitely have to check on $5 subs from Subway! How easy would that be…….we might get Jason’s deli tonight.

Gail’s last blog post..?Letters from home?

Gail wrote on March 31, 2008 - 2:50 pm

Oh YUM!! Each of those recipes sound so delicious…especially the Creamy and Bacon & Feta Stuffed chicken recipes!
Let us know how you like them.
And I Love, Love, Love your chef graphic πŸ™‚

Sheryl’s last blog post..~* Menu Plan Monday *~

Sheryl wrote on March 31, 2008 - 7:10 pm

Hi Annie, just popping over to say hi.. I’m so behind on my blog reading but I’m working at getting back on track. πŸ™‚

KC’s last blog post..Meme Monday 3/31/08

KC wrote on March 31, 2008 - 10:15 pm

I LOVE feta and eat it as often as I can. Being on WW, that’s not very much right now! LOL! Your menu sounds yummy and our family has also adopted the $5 sub night at Subway each week! In fact, that’s what we eat on Tuesday nights!

I love that you posted these recipes! I’ll have to write them down and try them. Are you still following WW?

Sonya’s last blog post..Menu Plan Monday ~ March 31

Sonya wrote on April 1, 2008 - 9:21 am

[…] made the chicken stuffed with feta and bacon last night… you should really try it. Matt gave it two thumbs up and wants me to make it […]

winners! « My Life as Annie wrote on April 4, 2008 - 8:21 am

[…] Tuesday: Annie’s Greek Tacos […]

ohamanda.com » Menu Plan Monday (Night) wrote on April 7, 2008 - 7:18 pm

Hi, I found your blog via Google while searching for WHITE PEPPER and your post regarding My Life as Annie looks very interesting for me.

Andrew wrote on May 10, 2008 - 4:38 pm