time travel tuesday ~ to grandmother’s house we go!

Travel back to grandmother’s (or aunt… or ?) house.

What are the smells you remember walking in when you were young?

What are things you remember seeing everytime you were there?

Any special things you always did with or at grandmother’s house?

I remember going to my grandma’s house on Sundays. Not every Sunday because it was about a 90 minute drive… but a lot of Sundays. We would spend the night sometimes on the weekend too. I remember tons of cousins to play with! I remember my grandpa always had juicy fruit gum in his pocket to give out and grandma always had vanilla sandwich cookies and coke. It tasted better at her house as did everything. She could even make simple things taste good! I remember there was always lots of food and running in and out playing and playing!

Tags:

10 Responses to “time travel tuesday ~ to grandmother’s house we go!”

1. Nancy Face says:

What a sweet post! It brought back lots of memories for me! 🙂

I’d love to do this one, but I don’t have time today! But hey, I’ve Time Traveled on Thursday before, so maybe I’ll just have to do that again! 😉

Nancy Face’s last blog post..My Fun Easter Pictures!

2. Jodi says:

This was a fun one!! And your right, everything tastes better at Grandma’s!

Jodi’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday ~ ‘to grandmother’s house we go? edition

3. yvonne says:

What a fun post. I hope my grandkids think everything taste better at Grandma’s. (Both my grandma’s were deceased when I was born, but I love to hear my kids talk about their grandma–she is so wonderful.)

yvonne’s last blog post..A Very Special Easter

4. This is a great TTT idea. I loved the chance to think about both the women I’m blessed to have as grandmothers. My only regret is that I don’t think I can paint a picture of how much they mean to me in one post! Thanks Annie!

ShadesofShannon’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday

5. Barbara H. says:

I enjoyed this one, too. My father’s mother was one of my favorite people. And somehow it is true, things always did taste better at Grandma’s!

Barbara H.’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday: To Grandmother’s house we go?

6. Jenileigh says:

I enjoyed reading this. My grandmother’s was the same way! Hugs!

Jenileigh’s last blog post..Our Easter

7. Linda says:

This is a good one! I just posted…

Linda’s last blog post..To grandmothers house we go . . .

8. oh amanda says:

One of my gma’s lived in CA. The other was…well, not really the cookie baking type. Still, when they both died last year, it left a big hole in my life! Family is family!

oh amanda’s last blog post..Jesus and Pumpkins

9. Kim says:

I love that you remember the juicy fruit! For me it is root beer! I just wanted to say thanks for TTT. It helps me with my whole mission of why I blog in the first place. To write down stuff about my life and my family, so that those to come can have access to those stories and memories. When I started this one about Grandmother’s house, I was amazed at all the little things I remembered.
    Thanks!
    *smiles*
    Kim

Kim’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday: to grandmother’s house we go!

10. Shari says:

Your memories of your grandparents are great. I remember that my grandma always carried Hershey’s miniatures in her purse.

Shari’s last blog post..God Stop Friday – Standing Up for the Truth