time travel tuesday ~ Easter

Growing up, Easter was _________________.

Share your Easter traditions. Did you have egg hunts every year? A new dress? Was it a spiritual event in your family, or just a fun day?

Growing up, Easter was a day filled with egg hunts, new dresses & yummy food.

We either had a egg hunt at church or at home with family or friends. It was always different each year. Funny story… for several years we were at a specific church that had a egg hunt after Sunday services. I always won the big chocolate bunny because I always gathered the most eggs. One year my mother suggested I be gracious enough to let someone else win. I was careful to pick up only a few eggs. When they awarded the big chocolate bunny this year there was a twist, it was awarded to the person with the least eggs and that just happened to be ME!

I remember coloring eggs and writing on them with crayon first. I remember hunting those real eggs and then eating them! Now we seem to only hunt the plastic ones but still always color a few dozen.

I remember searching for a perfect Easter dress!

Lunch was always glazed ham with potato salad and homemade rolls. YUM!

Here are the kids last Easter 2007

Easter 2006

Tags:

19 Responses to “time travel tuesday ~ Easter”

1. Linda says:

Fun!!

Are we going to have Mr. Linky?

Linda’s last blog post..searching for a portable dvd player

2. Jodi says:

Mine is up. I thought Mr. Linky was there earlier, but he’s gone now.

Jodi’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday ~ Easter edtion

3. KC says:

Mr Linky is up there for me..
    BUT Annie where is your post.
    Mine is up now.

KC’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday Easter

4. Nothing like traditions!
    We go to church, have a nice ham dinner and then we have the grand and great grandpas hide the eggs, for the 3 kids in my family! we always had an egg hunt when we were kids and baskets FILLED with lots of chocolate candy, YUM!

palmtreefanatic’s last blog post..Jelenas Room

5. Irene says:

Hello Annie,
    What a beautiful idea you had. You made me time travel many times today…Lovely seeing your beautiful kids. May God bless you all.

Irene’s last blog post..Time Travel Tuesday-Easter

6. Loved the egg hunt story ( : I’m looking to host an Easter Egg Hunt for our church’s ‘Married Couples Night Out’ ministry this month. I heard about a flashlight egg hunt that you do at night- I think I’m going to try it. My kids are a little older and I thought they might enjoy something a little different. We’ll see how it goes. . .

ShadesofShannon’s last blog post..101 Uses for Floam

7. Martha says:

Since the time I was eight, Easter has been a time to remember my grandfather, who I still love and miss so much, even though he died on Easter. That was 22 long years ago. And yet, Easter never feels sad. I remember his smile and his eyes–and remember that he’s with God and I’ll see him again.

Martha’s last blog post..Pillow Talk

8. Sheryl says:

Had to laugh about the chocolate bunny…when you are meant to win, you are meant to win! Kudos to your mom, though, for that sweet lesson on selflessness.
    Have a wonderful week!

Sheryl’s last blog post.. ~* Fun (and EASY!) Little Project *~

9. Your kids are so beautiful!!! Your Easters are very much as ours always are. When my girls were young it was always the new hat, gloves and shoes along with the special new Easter dress. A very big disagreement I had one Easter was when my younger daughter wanted to buy coulottes for Easter. She was always the tom boy type and hated getting all dolled up. She won!!!!! Our snow is just about gone!!!

Susan – Penless Writ’s last blog post..FRIENDSHIP & SNOW!!!

10. Nancy Face says:

I LOVED your post! That is the cutest story ever, about winning the chocolate bunny prize NO MATTER WHAT! ๐Ÿ™‚

The pictures of your kids are especially beautiful! ๐Ÿ™‚

Last Easter we asked Ty, Sierra and Lauren if they’d like to hunt eggs with Zach to make it more fun for him, and they were all so enthusiastic about it! They weren’t even pretending…they got very competitive! (In a funny way!) ๐Ÿ™‚

Yum, I really want some glazed ham!

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Stirring the music!

11. Whitney says:

Fun! I love coloring eggs ๐Ÿ™‚ Cute pictures of everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Whitney’s last blog post..To My Hubby

12. Even though I am a day late – I am going to post an Easter story on my blog as well. Thanks!

Julie @ Equus Villa’s last blog post..Mammogram Doll???

13. I love the egg hunt story! How funny that you tried to lose but still won! The pictures are beautiful!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bow’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday – Ouch!

14. Dena says:

I love seeing your kids all together – they are just beautiful!

Dena’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday!

15. oh amanda says:

Sweet sweet pics, Annie!

I don’t think we had huge traditions for Easter. I know I got a new dress and an easter basket. I remember getting a corsage most of the time, too. That was sweet.

(I’ve missed you!!!)

oh amanda’s last blog post..What Works For Me?

16. Kari says:

I can’t really remember any Easter memories from when I was a kid. Isn’t that weird? I’m kind of at a loss for words here…I seriously can’t remember one Easter from my childhood. Maybe I should call my sister to see if SHE remembers anything. lol I’m sure we celebrated Easter and I’m sure we even dyed some eggs. I just can’t remember doing any of that. Huh. Memory loss is striking early, I guess.

Anyway – the kids looked beautiful last Easter – can’t wait to see this years pictures!
    Kari

Kari’s last blog post..More Therapy, er…I mean, Scrapbooking

17. Gail says:

I remember writing on the eggs before coloring too!
    Your kids are so gorgeous Annie! Great pictures.

Gail’s last blog post..?Love makes the world go round?

18. Tricia says:

Beautiful. Amazing. Priceless.

Tricia’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday-What A Day!

19. Kim says:

I am finally getting my post up, very late. I had computer problems but I really wanted to play along this week!
    *smiles*