This week I’m trying some new recipes! Two of which call for feta cheese! I rarely use feta cheese. We are having a guest speaker Sunday evening through Wednesday evening, so we’ll be going to church every night. I’m not assigning the meals to a particular day this week…
Meal 1: Creamy chicken…
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small white onion, sliced and split into rings
1/3 cup white wine
2 tablespoons dried parsley
3/4 cup whipping cream
In a shallow bowl sift together the flour, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture and pat firm caking the flour into all the crevices. In a large skillet heat together the butter and olive oil. Saute’ the onion rings until browned and beginning to caramelize. Add the chicken and cook until brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove the chicken and onions and set aside. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes until heated through. Add the parsley and whipping cream, cooking over low heat until sauce thickens. Serve over chicken and mashed potatoes. Top with the onions.
Meal 2: Greek Tacos
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
* 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 2 cups fresh baby spinach
* 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
* 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) taco shells
* 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 1/4 cup chopped red onion
In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, Greek seasoning, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and olives; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
Meanwhile, place taco shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture into each shell. Top with feta cheese and onion.
Meal 3: Bacon-Feta Stuffed Chicken
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2- 14 1/2 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1. In a small bowl, mix bacon and cheese together lightly.
2. Cut a pocket in the thicker side of each breast. Fill each with 1/4 of bacon and cheese. Pinch shut and secure with toothpick.
3. Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with basil.
4. Cover and cook on High for 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours, or until chicken is tender, but not dry or mushy.
Meal 4: $5 subs at Subway!
Meal 5: Burgers
Saturday: Dinner at the Waterford (Jane Ellen & Ron’s 25th Anniversary dinner)
For more great menus, visit org. junkie!