post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 4:28 pm — post Comments (27)

I wanted to make sure to post a slow cooker recipe today.  I haven’t done slow cooking Thursday for a couple of weeks, and I just love this meme that Sandra has been doing as long as I can remember.  I love seeing new ideas for slowcooking, mainly because it is to me the easiest way to cook when you are living a busy life… more on the busy part after the recipe!

I made this last night, and it was DEElicious!!!

The ingredients…

6-8 boneless (butterfly) pork chops

1 onion

6 potatoes

1 can cream of mushroom soup

butter (optional)

I start by quartering the potatoes and placing them in the bottom of the crock pot, I salt and pepper them… lay the pork chops over them and then slice the onion and place it on top of the pork chops, salt & pepper again… spoon the soup over the top and I put a dab of real butter for flavor.  (Not much you guys, it’s no big deal!)

I cooked it from 11:30 a.m. until about 5 p.m. on high.  It was really really good.  I served it with broccoli, ww rolls and salad.

I’ve noticed a lot of buzz on the blogs about how busy we all are.  Mine included.  Last night at church we were talking about the way the devil gets in our lives to keep us from what’s really important.  It was like a lightbulb for me, and you know how you get these really profound ideas that slip your mind as quickly as they enter?  It was kinda like that for me.  I guess I have tried to figure out why life is getting busier and busier, we have a lot of conveniences that just were not there years ago… we should have more free time, right?   I guess I just could see so clearly how the enemy deceives us to believe that we are too busy for God.  I’m not, and refuse to ever be too busy for God.  (take that you devil!)

Easter is early this year.  That’s why I skipped putting out the GREEN and went straight into Easter decor…  I haven’t begun to find outfits for all the kids yet.  I saw this at Children’s place for Izzy, but the big sister dress is too small for Emelia! So sad she is getting so big, she’ll be 10 in March!!!  I am thinking of doing the black and white thing anyway… we’ll see.  When Easter is so early that it is still cold outside I always buy matching sweaters for the girls.

Tonight is the winterjam concert.  I’m hoping to get to go.  It starts early and ends late, so I’m not sure I can manage it yet… but I’m going to try!

Hope you have a great Thursday, and for more slow cooked meal ideas visit Sandra.

That recipe sounds amazing! I will have to try it. Slow-cookers make life a lot easier!
I hope you have fun at your concert!!!

Whitney’s last blog post..Fun Concerts I’ve Been To

Whitney wrote on February 28, 2008 - 4:34 pm

YUM, that sounds wonderful Annie!

Oh the dress is beautiful, I can’t wait to see how Izzy will look in it, love the black and white too 🙂

I know just what you mean about being busy and the devil at work too, I did a post similar to this yesterday!

Sandra’s last blog post..Slow Cooking Thursday

Sandra wrote on February 28, 2008 - 4:34 pm

I agree that using your crockpot is the best way I’ve found to save time.
thank you for posting this recipe, it sounds wonderful.

ooh, “healing rain” is playing. I love that song.
-steph

crockpot lady’s last blog post..Chicken Nachos CrockPot Recipe

crockpot lady wrote on February 28, 2008 - 5:05 pm

I agree that using your crockpot is the best way I’ve found to save time.
thank you for posting this recipe, it sounds wonderful.

ooh, “healing rain” is playing. I love that song.
-steph

crockpot lady’s last blog post..Chicken Nachos CrockPot Recipe

crockpot lady wrote on February 28, 2008 - 5:05 pm

That sounds yummy, I just might add that to our menu or next week! Have fun at your concert! Business has consumed my life here as of late, I finally have said enough! I am sad to say I even let it get in life with God, and was reminded of this in church on Sunday. I have made a decision that He is the most important thing that needs to consume me, so I have cut back on many things so far this week, and I feel so much better. Sometimes we all need a reminder to just slow down.

Be blessed!

Jodi’s last blog post..A fun meme? wanna play along?

Jodi wrote on February 28, 2008 - 5:21 pm

Delicious!
I find your matching outfits great ! I love seeing mother-and-daughter outfits. Last Easter the girls and I got dressed in matching outfits for the first time. I shall have to post those pictures for you.
I pray that we shall all have a beautiful Easter.

Irene’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday-Parade Day

Irene wrote on February 28, 2008 - 5:22 pm

Hi Annie,

That crockpot recipe with pork chops sounds so easy. I think I’ll try this the next time I make pork chops. Anything you can make in the slow cooker makes life easier.

And I love that little black and white outfit. Adorable!

Barb’s last blog post..A helping hand….

Barb wrote on February 28, 2008 - 5:30 pm

This not only sounds yummy but very simple and easy. My kind of recipe. I will be adding this to my “to try” recipes. Thanks for sharing.

Tammi’s last blog post..BBQ Pork Sandwiches

Tammi wrote on February 28, 2008 - 6:00 pm

I have a recipe similar to that. Yummy!

Betsy’s last blog post..Slow Cooking Thursday

Betsy wrote on February 28, 2008 - 6:00 pm

Annie, I’m so glad to have re-found your blog! I haven’t done Slow Cooker Thursday in a long while….I REALLY need to get back to it! I miss all my regular bloggy friends!

Love and blessings,
Lori

Lori4squaremom wrote on February 28, 2008 - 7:20 pm

That sounds delicious!!
And I love the dress!!

Tori :)’s last blog post..Meet my Uncle

Tori :) wrote on February 28, 2008 - 7:52 pm

Those pork chops sound so delicious. I love getting new recipes to try–especially when someone else has recommended them.

You are so right about the adversary TRYING to make us think we are too busy for God. Thanks for your words.

I love the dress

yvonne’s last blog post..Pride & Joy #6, Brent

yvonne wrote on February 28, 2008 - 7:59 pm

I’ve made a similar recipe. The meat and mushroom soup make a delicious sauce.

Eleisia’s last blog post..Slow Cooking Thursday – Beef Pot Roast

Eleisia wrote on February 28, 2008 - 8:13 pm

Yum, the pork chops sound so good! 🙂

You’re so right about the adversary trying to deceive us into thinking we are too busy for God. Thank you for a good reminder about our priorities!

The outfit for Izzy is beautiful! I hope you find something you love for Emelia! 🙂

I hope you can make it to Winterjam!

Nancy Face’s last blog post..Weekend of Awesomeness!

Nancy Face wrote on February 28, 2008 - 8:47 pm

My mail just came, and there was the ginormous box from you! THANK YOU SO MUCH! The message board is beautiful, and I love it! It will be so fun to decide just where to hang it! Thanks again…you are so sweet and thoughtful! 😀

Nancy Face wrote on February 28, 2008 - 8:50 pm

Gonna try the pork chops. Sounds yummy, and easy and Mickey loves pork chops. Love the black & white dress. I’ve always liked black & white.

Susan – Penless Writ’s last blog post..PRAYER – More about – Thanks – Award

Susan – Penless Writ wrote on February 28, 2008 - 8:57 pm

This looks good. Thanks for sharing Annie!

MJ

mjpuzzlemom’s last blog post..Taco Soup – crockpot

mjpuzzlemom wrote on February 28, 2008 - 9:00 pm

The recipe sounds so good and easy! And I love the dress for Izzy. Black and white is so in. My Easter dress last year was black and white.

Shawna’s last blog post..30 Days of Housecleaning Revisited

Shawna wrote on February 28, 2008 - 9:10 pm

Wonderful recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Renee”s last blog post..Blogger Friend School #16 ~ Shop Till You Drop ~

Renee’ wrote on February 28, 2008 - 11:16 pm

Those pork chops sound yummy!! And I love that dress for Iz. She’d look gorgeous in it. The black and white theme would be so cute!! I haven’t even thought about Easter clothes for the boys. I better get going on that one.

chupieandjsmama’s last blog post..Teenee Beanee Jelly Beans

chupieandjsmama wrote on February 29, 2008 - 12:39 am

Love the outfit you picked for Izzy! Your SCT recipe sounds yummy too! Have a great Friday!

Haley’s last blog post..Look what I’m doing this weekend!

Haley wrote on February 29, 2008 - 1:04 am

That is just the cutest outfit.
I think I’m giving up for the matching outfit thing this year for Easter.. they did the matching at christmas and I just don’t have the time to try to go out and find matching stuff for them all.(it’s hard with Sweet Pea in a 6 and Princess in a 14 and yet Princess doesn’t want to look all cute and baby-ish and I don’t want Sweet Pea looking like a teenager) What is it only 3 weeks left.. I’m going to have a hard enough time getting everything together as we are spending Easter in TX. So I’ll just be happy if all 4 of them has an outfit to wear.

KC’s last blog post..Throwback Thursday(singing at my wedding)

KC wrote on February 29, 2008 - 2:43 am

Loved the comment about busyness, Annie. Beth Moore has a saying about it that has always stuck with me. . . she calls it the ‘captivity of activity’. Love that description. Good reminder ( :

ShadesofShannon’s last blog post..Bedtime Prayer

ShadesofShannon wrote on February 29, 2008 - 4:01 am

Hi Annie,
So glad you found me again. How is Izzy?
I love the outfit. I am drawn to black and white.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth wrote on February 29, 2008 - 4:09 am

I love using my crock pot. There’s nothing like walking back into the house and smelling dinner cooking. This recipe sounds wonderful. Thanks!

Give Izzy Bear a hug for me.

Hugs!
Kat

Kat’s last blog post..I LOVE YOU THISSSSS MUCH!

Kat wrote on February 29, 2008 - 5:46 am

Mmm, that recipe sounds muy bueno!!

You are right about busyness. I hate when I am so busy I forget to read my scriptures or even say my prayers! Thank you for the reminder 🙂 You are such an inspiration!

That dress is darling. I wish they had one with that design for adults. I would be all up on that! Especially with a thick, hot pink belt cinched in at the waist. Excuse me, I must leave to search for said dress 🙂

Busy Bee Lauren wrote on March 1, 2008 - 3:16 pm

Hey nerd,
Please post some pics of your Easter decor. I need some ideas.
julie

Julie’s last blog post..Reality vs. Plans

Julie wrote on March 1, 2008 - 11:10 pm