post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 3:53 pm — post Comments (24)

Someone mentioned cola chicken the other day when I posted my menu and had put sloppy joes for one evening.  I went looking for what “cola chicken” was… and voila! Found it! on a weight watchers slow cooker website.  Now, I haven’t tried this yet… but I love coke and chicken so I can’t see how it would be BAD?

Cola-chicken (6 PTS)

1 cup Cola — regular

1 cup Catsup

1 whole Onion — sliced

1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast

Wash and pat dry chicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Put chicken in crockpot and onions on top. Add cola and catsup and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.  ****Sounds horrible — but trust me on this —- the taste is WONDERFUL!!!!

** words in blue are from the unknown author of this recipe, not me… (fyi)

For more slow cooker recipes, see Sandra’s cute blog!

Today my goal is to get the den furniture rearranged to accomodate this treadmill that is sticking out like a sore thumb!  Funny, it’s snowing and I can’t seem to put the laptop down (and my blankie) and get busy!  I still need to get on the treadmill and bath izzy for school (and feed, dress…. her).  I’m hoping to run to the store while she is in school.  Oh I tried the jeans on and this pair did fit, but I’m not sure if I like how they look on me so I may just take them back for good!  and one more thing!!! A NOTE TO ALL MY VERY CREATIVE BLOGGIE BUDDIES… Do you have any ideas for a theme basket for Izzy’s school’s carnival.  Her teacher asked my opinion and I can’t think of anything other than sport (OU) theme, spa theme, baby shower theme, outdoor theme, movie theme, or books/reading theme.  I think th0se (and more) have all been done … so if you can think of something really original?

I tried that chicken quite a few years back and remember liking it alot.

As for theme baskets, …. picnic theme is aways cute.

Carrie’s last blog post..Dreams Do Come True….

Carrie wrote on January 31, 2008 - 4:00 pm

Looks good! Thanks for sharing!

mjpuzzlemom’s last blog post..Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes

mjpuzzlemom wrote on January 31, 2008 - 4:12 pm

Cola and chicken, eh? Interesting combination–will have to try sometime.

I’m not very creative, but how about a cooking theme (small kitchen things) or a chocolate theme.

yvonne wrote on January 31, 2008 - 4:33 pm

I was thinking a cooking theme–someone beat me to it though! I’m not very motivated about exercising today, I’ve got to clean the house, though, so that should–and does–count for something.

JennaG wrote on January 31, 2008 - 4:36 pm

Oh yes I have an idea…..do it around Angels because Izzy is an Angel :o)

Susan – Penless Writ’s last blog post..ONE YEAR

Susan – Penless Writ wrote on January 31, 2008 - 4:36 pm

I’m excited to try this out. I see a lot of cooking with cola recipes out in cyberspace.
ick. I have to make up a themed basket too. I’m going to check back to see your ideas!
-steph

crockpot lady’s last blog post..Chicken Nachos CrockPot Recipe

crockpot lady wrote on January 31, 2008 - 4:45 pm

I have seen that recipe before but never tried it.

Betsy’s last blog post..Slow Cooking Thursday

Betsy wrote on January 31, 2008 - 4:46 pm

I did a Chocolate Basket for Emily’s class for the school carnival. I put in lots of giant chocolate bars, a “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” DVD, cocoa and mugs, a small chocolate fondue set, a chocolate colored throw and a big cocoa-colored bear named Snickers. It was a hit!

Karen’s last blog post..Roller skates, Nancy Drew, Fabric shops

Karen wrote on January 31, 2008 - 5:10 pm

Coke with Chicken…hmmm I don’t know about this! 🙂

Haley’s last blog post..A scrappin good time!

Haley wrote on January 31, 2008 - 5:25 pm

This sounds SO good Annie, I’m like you, I love chicken and I love coke so how can it be bad? LOL

As for the theme basket, how about arts and crafts? All kids love drawing and crayons etc.

You could also do Cookie Theme basket or Snacks Basket…I don’t know, everything with me goes to food LOL

Sandra’s last blog post..Slow Cooking Thursday!

Sandra wrote on January 31, 2008 - 5:51 pm

[…] A Stamping We Will Goâ?¦ wrote an interesting post today on sct ~ cola chicken?Here’s a quick excerpt…on a weight watchers slow cooker website.  Now, I haven’t tried this yet… but I love coke and chicken so I can’t see how it would be… […]

Weight Watchers » sct ~ cola chicken? wrote on January 31, 2008 - 6:12 pm

A cookie or cupcake themed basket. Put a cookie/cake mix in…cookie cutters….sprinkles….a rolling pin…etc. If you do cupcakes you can add cute liners (Target has silicon reusable liners) or some cute themed liners. There is great stuff now that it is close to V-Day.

Carrie’s last blog post..5 – Mercato

Carrie wrote on January 31, 2008 - 6:16 pm

Look at you getting all fancy with your .com self! LOVE IT!!! That chicken sounds yummy! You have lots of blogs on your blogroll girl – you must not sleeo!

Dena’s last blog post..Thursday Thirteen

Dena wrote on January 31, 2008 - 6:46 pm

The chicken sounds good! I’ll have to try that sometime. I always put cola in my roast recipe, it’s my secret ingredient 🙂

Stacy wrote on January 31, 2008 - 7:11 pm

That chicken sounds very good! I wonder if it would work with coke zero, the only kind I have around here at the moment.

How about a basket of writing things, notecards, pens, etc. I like the chocolate idea or something candy or for Valentine’s maybe.

Gail wrote on January 31, 2008 - 8:14 pm

This sounds good. I’m printing it off to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Renee”s last blog post..Slow Cooking Thursday ~ Peppered Beef Goulash

Renee’ wrote on January 31, 2008 - 8:36 pm

The slow cooker red potatoes were a big hit!!!

As for a theme – I’m cold today. How about a winter survival basket? Hot chocolate, tea, cup o’ soups, gloves, ear muffs, etc.

Karen’s last blog post..New Pictures!

Karen wrote on January 31, 2008 - 9:54 pm

Maybe an Italian basket – specialty pastas, sauces, bread, wine, book on Italy, top with Italian flag.

The recipe sounds easy and quick. Let us know if you try it.

Hugs!
Kat

Kat’s last blog post..JUST WHAT I NEED…..

Kat wrote on February 1, 2008 - 4:09 am

I’m amused by recipes that use soda! We have a recipe for Dutch oven cobbler, using only fruit pie filling, yellow cake mix, and a can of Sprite. It sounds absolutely ridiculous, but it’s so scrumptious that it just about bowls people over! 😀

Nancy Face wrote on February 1, 2008 - 11:46 am

That recipe is making me hungry AND thirsty!

Hmmm..creative basket. What’s it for exactly? Are you trying to auction it off or soemthing? Maybe something with local faves (food, tshirts, magnets)? Or Izzy’s faves? Or all one color? I still like movie and/or book ones–you just have to be creative and pull out some random thing out of the story to add to the basket.

Oh, I love stuff like that!

oh amanda’s last blog post..Lost & Lostier *updated*

oh amanda wrote on February 1, 2008 - 6:36 pm

Isn’t it funny that some recipes sound so odd but taste so good.

As for the basket, how about a movie night basket or a book basket.

Dawn wrote on February 1, 2008 - 8:01 pm

so how did you like it??

Kahri Lynn’s last blog post..Getaway ideas?

Kahri Lynn wrote on February 4, 2008 - 3:08 pm

Thanks for sharing this recipe, we switched up Friday and Thursday and this is what I’m making instead of BBQ chicken. 🙂

Sheryl wrote on February 14, 2008 - 3:06 am

The good resource should be brought in bookmarks

emborryFleems wrote on December 19, 2008 - 2:58 pm