post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 7:00 am — post Comments (8)

Strombolli
1 loaf frozen bread dough
2 eggs, seperated
1 TBSP parmesean cheese
1 TBSP parsley
1/2 TBSP garlic powder(I’ll press a few cloves of garlic)
1 TBSP oregano
1/2 TBSP pepper
approximately 2 TBSP olive
1/2 lb cooked Italian sausage OR pepperoni
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced (I use 2 small cans)
Oil frozen bread dough and defrost 3-4 hours, per package instructions. Roll out with hands to 1/4 inch thickness. Mix egg yolks, seasonings and spread on dough. Top with meat, mushrooms, and cheese. Roll lengthwise & shape into a horseshoe shape. Place seam side down on a cookie sheet. Brush with egg whites. Bake at 350′ for 30 minutes. Slice into 1″ pieces. Serve with hot pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce.

Visit ‘overwhelmed with joy‘ for more favorite ingredient friday recipes!

post signature

Stromboli…that’s the name of that crazy man in Pinocchio!

Nancy Face wrote on January 4, 2008 - 2:24 pm

This sounds delicious!! Thanks for sharing. I love your new blog look. Have a wonderful weekend.

Renee’

Renee’s Reading Corner wrote on January 4, 2008 - 3:04 pm

Oh yummy! I haven’t had one of those in a long time!

Betsy wrote on January 4, 2008 - 3:33 pm

I have never made Stromboli but this does sound delicious. I must give it a try. Thank you so much! God Bless!

Kathleen Marie wrote on January 4, 2008 - 4:28 pm

This sounds delicious. I need to work with frozen doughs more. It sounds like a fairly quick and easy dinner.

Magi wrote on January 4, 2008 - 6:08 pm

I’ve never made stromboli before; but this sounds yummy!

Michelle wrote on January 6, 2008 - 2:07 am

I love me some stromboli! Now I’m gonna have to make some!

Sonya wrote on January 6, 2008 - 3:29 am

We’ll definitely be trying your stomboli recipe in the near future. It sounds fantastic!

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!

Overwhelmed! wrote on January 6, 2008 - 10:52 am