post Category: disney — mylifeasannie @ 5:48 pm — post Comments (29)

We got up Saturday morning and drove an hour and a half to Melbourne Beach.
It was beautiful. The water was so powerful and I could feel the power and presence of God there. I sat on the beach, holding Isabelle and a devo song came into my mind…
“have you ever stood at the ocean,
felt the white foam at your feet
heard the endless thundering motion,
then I’ll say you’ve seen Jesus my Lord.”
I got a little teary eyes singing the song to myself and enjoying the view.

The kids loved playing in the sand and water.

Here we are letting Izzy feel the white foam and waves on her feet.

Here’s mom & izzy sitting on the beach!
Emelia building a sand castle.
Amanda
Emelia & Bailey just enjoying the water
I couldn’t resist writing Izzy in the sand…
So, we left after we all got really sandy and wet and headed back to the villa to change and eat lunch. We had plans to go to Disney MGM for the afternoon. It was a perfect afternoon, no rain!

The kids posing at the Chronicles of Narnia display.
I love the shrub of Snow White behind the kids…
We ended our MGM tour with a ride!
The Tower of Terror!!!
It was very scary!
I barely opened my eyes.
That was the end of Saturday, day four of our trip.
We went back to the villa and then went to dinner.
They had a princess and pirate party there so we walked around a little and then headed to bed.
We had to rest up for Sunday (Seaworld)…

This had to be a great trip! I would love to have gone to the beach. Great pictures!

Momma wrote on October 18, 2007 - 4:23 pm

We are SO glad you got to make this trip. Your kids will remember this forever. I’m glad your Mom got to go, too. We love seeing your fun pictures. What did Izzy think of the ocean surf? I’m glad you dangled her feet in the water. That had to be a treat for her! We know you all had fun.

Betty & Ed

OKGardners wrote on October 18, 2007 - 4:46 pm

hey
we did the same trip with our boy Jamie “give kids the world ” correct???
we loved it we did it in 1990 and jamie still talk about it..people were sooooo nice….have fun
irene

Anonymous wrote on October 18, 2007 - 4:55 pm

Wow! Y’all did so much! I love that song as well, and I can’t imagine being at the beach and not being amazed at God’s power. So beautiful!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows wrote on October 18, 2007 - 5:48 pm

How fun! I can’t wait to go!

Also, I LOVE the beach!!! I always feel so close to God while I’m out in nature…the ocean is just to amazing, so huge, so magnificent…I definitely feel His presence in the awesome things He created!

HomeSchool Mommy wrote on October 18, 2007 - 6:01 pm

I can almost hear the sea from those photos, that foam is amazing. I loved your song and I could see how the magnificence of it all brought it forth. I am so loving hearing about your trip and seeing the photographs.

Karen wrote on October 18, 2007 - 6:05 pm

I love the beach. Sounds like an awesome trip! And great pictures!

LoveMyStarr wrote on October 18, 2007 - 6:10 pm

I know exactly what you mean. Every time we go to the beach, I am overwhelmed with emotion as I look out into the horizon and see the vastness of the ocean.

Looks like y’all had a wonderful time!

Sonya wrote on October 18, 2007 - 8:16 pm

Isn’t the beach awesome! there is something so amazing about literally being at the end of the world! That Tower of Terror is sooo scary! when we went there was a little girl sitting next to us YAWNING – saying this is nothing! i thought OH my – I thought I was going to throw up! LOVE the pictures!

Dena wrote on October 18, 2007 - 8:46 pm

I know what you mean about being on the beach…it’s an amazing place to feel the presence of the Lord.

I wish you could come here. Our beach is full of the whitest fluffiest sand you can imagine.

Great photos!

Hugs!
Kat

justabeachkat wrote on October 18, 2007 - 9:14 pm

The beaches down there are awesome!! I don’t think I could have rode Tower of Terror! You are a brave woman!

*hugs*
Jodi

Jodi wrote on October 18, 2007 - 11:50 pm

wow, it looks like you are having a blast!! I love the beach pics. Amanda is just beautiful.

tegdirb92 wrote on October 19, 2007 - 12:13 am

love those beach pictures- the one of Amanda is great, It was fun seeing the kids playing in the waves.

Theresa wrote on October 19, 2007 - 12:40 am

How exciting to be with that display! That is awesome!

– PRACTiCAL CHiCK wrote on October 19, 2007 - 2:47 am

oh the beach looks like it was so fun!

Michelle wrote on October 19, 2007 - 3:49 am

I am really enjoying your vacation post. It looks like such a great time was had by all.

KC wrote on October 19, 2007 - 3:50 am

I ♥ all of the wonderful pictures! :o)

What a sweet experience at the beach! I feel closest to God in the mountains. πŸ™‚

Hollywood Tower of Terror is one of my very favorite rides…I scream and laugh and scream and laugh…and SCREAM! πŸ˜€

Nancy Face wrote on October 19, 2007 - 1:19 pm

I know what you mean about the beach. I am always amazed at God when I see the ocean.

LOVE THE DISNEY PICS!

oh amanda wrote on October 19, 2007 - 1:31 pm

Hi Annie,
You guys packed so much into your days…and it looks like such fun!
Love the pics!
Today (and last night) I am in Houston, but I’m meeting my sis this am at the airport and we’re driving to the Longview area, which is where my mom is.
One of my bros lives in OK…think his trip is about 12 hours to mom’s…does that sound right?
Maybe one of these years, I can make a Southern tour to meet all my great ol southern friends πŸ˜‰ Or better yet, we could have a retreat!!
Of course you are always welcome in CA!!

sheryl wrote on October 19, 2007 - 3:45 pm

How fun! All of the pictures are beautiful πŸ™‚ I love Hollywood Tower of Terror!

Lauren wrote on October 19, 2007 - 3:46 pm

you sure got some AWESOME pictures!!!! What a fantastic time and the memories! wow!

palmtreefanatic wrote on October 19, 2007 - 5:20 pm

What a fun, tiring day that looks like!

VAIL wrote on October 19, 2007 - 5:41 pm

I love all the pictures!
Today, the one of Amanda touches my heart. She’s in my thoughts and prayers….
I remember sitting on the beach, and singing the Nicole C. Mullins song “My Redeemer Lives” about ‘who told the oceans you can only come so far?…’ I’m telling you, the beach can be such a humbling place!

Coach J wrote on October 19, 2007 - 7:54 pm

I am loving all the pics!! I’m so happy y’all had a great time!!

Tori :) wrote on October 19, 2007 - 8:11 pm

Looks like everyone loved the beach.

You are very brave to ride Tower of Terror–haven’t done that before.

Yvonne wrote on October 20, 2007 - 9:31 pm

Oh yes, Jenny’s just reminded me of My Redeemer Lives – I also love that line!

The kids all looked like they had a ball! Isn’t the beach such a calming place? It’s like nothing else matters, isn’t it?

I absolutely don’t “do” rides – no thanks, they hold no interest for me. Or I’m chicken – take your pick πŸ™‚

So why didn’t Matt go with you guys?

Marcia wrote on October 20, 2007 - 10:35 pm

ahhh the beach- I wish I were there! What wonderful pics!

Great pics from MGM too. Hahah on the tower of terror- I’m a baby about that stuff, I remember when I was last there.. totally the same way!

Jessica wrote on October 21, 2007 - 8:52 pm

The beach feels so vast and unending, neat to be there sometimes.
It looks like such a great trip for y’all! Your kids are so adorable Annie!

gail@more than a song wrote on October 21, 2007 - 9:48 pm

From the looks of Izzy’s pin did you take her to Bibbiddi Bobbiddi (sp?) boutique? WE went to Disney in Sept. Love that place! You can never get tired of hearing about Disney! Looks like everyone had such a good time.

Michele wrote on October 23, 2007 - 1:48 am