post Category: thankful thursday — mylifeasannie @ 1:20 pm — post Comments (24)

There are so many things to be thankful for today!

(funny how a funeral puts life into a whole new perspective… every time)

1. I’m so thankful that I am getting good reports from Izzy’s teachers and therapists every day! In the past I have geared myself up to hear negative and found myself repeating 2 Cor. 5:7 when going into those doors… but this year it has been so positive and still I walk by faith, not by sight. The biggest joy is knowing that she is enjoying school and happy. That is a blessing!
  2. Coming home after a long day. Home is just the best place of all. I love taking off all my jewelry, then changing into comfy clothes! Love it.
  3. I’m thankful for my blogging friends. You guys are the best. I love popping in to read what you have to say and love all your sweet comments.
  4. FALL! Isn’t the cooler weather heavenly? I love the crisp mornings and the cool evenings. The nice breeze. Beautiful.
  5. Quiet mornings, just me & Izzy! (I was basking in one of those, but matt just popped in and told me he is off for the rest of the day!)
  6. I’m thankful for my cell phone! How did mothers survive without them before? I know the answer to that questions, but what a blessing to always be a literal phone call away!

You can go HERE to see what others are thankful for today!

Such a nice thankful list, bless you.

Denise wrote on September 13, 2007 - 3:43 pm

Even in death, I’m thankful we’re allowed to get new perspectives on how blessed we truly are.
Thinking of you…

Coach J wrote on September 13, 2007 - 4:20 pm

Thankful for you, Annie!

oh amanda wrote on September 13, 2007 - 5:01 pm

Girl – I LOVE a cell phone- AMEN!
What great things to be thankful about! We won’t see sweater season til January here!

Dena wrote on September 13, 2007 - 5:38 pm

Great Great list!
I too am hoping that fall gets here soon!
I’m dreaming of my sweaters but here in NC – it might be a while yet!
In HIM –
Mindy

Mindy wrote on September 13, 2007 - 6:28 pm

And we’re getting excited in New Zealand as it is slowly starting to warm up and I’ve been looking through my wardrobe thinking of the summery skirts I look forward to wearing.

I loved what you said about taking your jewellery off but had this funny image of you taking off layers of necklaces, rings and gleaming bling…like the Crown Jewel collection, tiaras too πŸ™‚

Yay that Izzy enjoys School, that is so wonderful.

Karen wrote on September 13, 2007 - 8:08 pm

I’m thankful that the weather is cooling and that I’ve been able to meet such wonderful people through this thing called “blogging”. It’s so great that Izzy is loving school and is progressing so well…definitely something to be thankful for! And I’m thankful that people like you took the time to send me birthday greetings yesterday. It warms my heart (and for once, all things considered, I don’t mind feeling THAT kind of warmth! lol).

Kari wrote on September 13, 2007 - 9:09 pm

Thank you for sharing your list with us! I’m glad Izzy is loving school and the quiet time you get to spend with her must be priceless!

ChupieandJ’smama wrote on September 13, 2007 - 9:46 pm

I love to read these lists Annie! I’m so with you on coming home…just got home from being gone for 3 days this week and I’m thankful to be here after driving through torrential rains. Quiet mornings are the best too.
And cell phones, how did we ever get by without them!

gail@more than a song wrote on September 13, 2007 - 9:58 pm

Thank you for reminding us every day how precious life is.

Lisa wrote on September 13, 2007 - 10:05 pm

Home is where the heart is and I so relate to your thankfulness of your home. Mickey & I thank God each and every day that we get to enjoy this lovely little home we have and each other.

Penless Thoughts wrote on September 13, 2007 - 10:37 pm

What a blessed list. I am so happy for Izzy. That is awesome. You are the second person I read who was thankful for cell phones. I sure am living in the mountains. My son doesn’t leave home without it, nor do I or hubby.

Autumn…. I just hope it is a very, very long one.

God Bless!

Kathleen Marie wrote on September 13, 2007 - 10:45 pm

I met someone at church last night who knows you – Benita. She talked in class about the prison ministry. After class, I asked her if she knew you since I knew you’d done that for a long time. Her eyes lit up and she smiled so big when I mentioned your name. πŸ™‚

Natalie wrote on September 13, 2007 - 10:55 pm

It’s wonderful about Izzy’s good reports, and it must be so sweet to spend time just with her! πŸ™‚

I’m with you on coming home and being comfy…I love wearing jammies, and not just for sleep! πŸ™‚

I love fall so much, but I may have to wait until November…we have 100 degree forecasts for all of September and October, yikes! I hope they’re wrong! :0

I’m thankful for you! πŸ˜€

Nancy Face wrote on September 14, 2007 - 12:01 am

Your thankful list is always full. You really do appreciate life and all of your blessings. You remind me just how thankful I am too.

I’m thankful for your friendship.

Hugs!
Kat

justabeachkat wrote on September 14, 2007 - 1:43 am

Annie, I have given you an award…see my post. You truly make me (and many others) smile. You have such a sweet spirit.

Karen wrote on September 14, 2007 - 1:46 am

Beautiful reasons to rejoice in His goodness!

Vicki wrote on September 14, 2007 - 1:57 am

What a wonderful list, Annie. So happy for you that Izzy is happy and getting great reports.

I love fall too.

Susanne wrote on September 14, 2007 - 2:41 am

I enjoyed your list! I don’t know how I would make it without my cell phone either!!

So glad you’re getting good reports on Izzy!!

Mandalyn wrote on September 14, 2007 - 2:55 am

I am so thankful for positive teachers for Izzy and you! I chuckled when I saw the cell phone comment – I am such a cell phone addict!

Priscilla wrote on September 14, 2007 - 9:57 am

Enjoyed your list. So much to be thankful for. Be blessed.
Stacy

southmsmomof4 wrote on September 14, 2007 - 12:50 pm

What a great list Annie!

Tori :) wrote on September 15, 2007 - 8:52 pm

Great list. Have a blessed Thursday!

ZAM wrote on September 16, 2007 - 1:37 am

yay for good reports from Izzy’s school!

Michelle wrote on September 16, 2007 - 10:03 pm