post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 2:49 pm — post Comments (11)

George Edgar ‘Eddie’ Binyon, 54, of Blanchard, Oklahoma, was the son of G.W. and Evelyn (Shelton) Binyon. He was born on June 12, 1953, in Chickasha, Oklahoma, and died Sunday, September 9, 2007, at his home. Eddie was a 1971 graduate of Blanchard High School and received his Bachelor of Science degree from Central State University in 1975. He was president of Kappa Sigma Fraternity at Central State University. Eddie was honored as a Former Distinguished Student by University of Central Oklahoma in 1996. He also received his certification as a Certified Funeral Service Practitioner in 1997. He became a licensed funeral director and embalmer in 1975. Eddie owned Brown-Binyon Funeral Homes in Chickasha, Verden, and Cyril for over 25 years. He also owned Binyon Funeral Home in Blanchard for six years. He served as president of the Oklahoma Funeral Directors Association in 1987 and was also named Oklahoma Funeral Director of the year. Eddie also served as a district chairman and governor of the association. He was a board member of Director’s Life Insurance Company. Eddie was the football statistician for the Chickasha Chicks for over seventeen years. The Binyon family was the founding family of the Festival of Light in Chickasha, Oklahoma, in 1993. Eddie was a member and past president of the Chickasha Rotary Club where he was named as a Paul Harris Fellow, a member and past president of the Chickasha Chamber of Commerce and past chairman of Chickasha Certified Cities Steering Committee; he was past president and board member of Frontier Country Marketing Association and past treasurer and member of the Blanchard Lions Club. His latest accomplishment was being a licensed real estate agent.

Amy Wilhoite
Went home to Jesus yesterday
Please remember her family in your prayers.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
23 Psalms

Such a beautiful post and sweet tribute. (((Annie)))

Nancy Face wrote on September 11, 2007 - 4:43 pm

I’m so sorry for the loss of Uncle Eddie. And Amy…I have read her blog since the beginning. I am just so very sad for her husband and son, who is just days older than Adam. We know Amy, however, is no longer suffering. I will miss her.

Jill@Who Could Ask for Anything More wrote on September 11, 2007 - 6:42 pm

So sad – my heart breaks for everyone’s loss!

Dena wrote on September 11, 2007 - 6:43 pm

Beautiful tribute.
So young… Mr. Binyon and sweet Amy.

Tori :) wrote on September 11, 2007 - 7:53 pm

Wow. What a day, right? Praying for so many…

oh amanda wrote on September 12, 2007 - 12:57 am

So sorry to hear about the death of Matt’s uncle. It sounds like, at least for a time, you all were pretty close.
Just visited Izzy’s site and love the praise report!
Thanks for your prayers.
annb

annb wrote on September 12, 2007 - 3:20 am

Such sad news about Amy.

Hugs!
Kat

justabeachkat wrote on September 12, 2007 - 4:14 am

I am speechless. Praying for your family, and Amy’s, too.

Coach J wrote on September 12, 2007 - 5:00 pm

I’m so sorry for the loss of Matt’s uncle Eddie – my prayers are with your family as well as Amy’s family. What a sad situation.

Michelle wrote on September 12, 2007 - 8:30 pm

So sad, Annie. 54 is just too young, isn’t it? And poor Amy. I feel like I’ve lost a friend. As difficult as it is to know she lost her courageous battle, I’m so glad her suffering is over.

So much sadness.

Barb @ A Chelsea Morning wrote on September 12, 2007 - 9:47 pm

[…] Oklahoma, was the son of G.W. and Evelyn Shelton Binyon. He was born on june 12, 1953, in …http://mylifeasannie.com/2007/09/11/remembering/trackback/RE: WA2K Radio is now on the air …Sara Viola Warmbrodt 1896 ? 1994, who were Americans residing in […]

who was born on june 12 1953 wrote on May 19, 2008 - 3:18 pm