mpm ~ august 27

Why am I up at 11:55 p.m. writing my menu???
Well to answer that question you would have to address it to my sidekick Isabelle, who will not go to sleep!!! She must be excited about pre-k tomorrow, I guess I shouldn’t have mentioned it as I was laying her down to sleep, huh? She’s much too cute to be irritated with, so I am trying to make productive use of this time that I would normally (and happily) be dreaming of ice cream and unicorns…

Monday
tacos
refried beans (fat free)
mexican corn

Tuesday

unbelievable spinach calzones
Salad

Wednesday

Jenna’s Teriyaki glazed chicken

rice
what else do you serve with this Jenna?

Thursday

Taco meatloaf
spanish rice
salad

Friday

Pizza!

Saturday

Paula & John coming and cooking my favorite pasta because John was at a golf tournament my birthday weekend and offered a raincheck on my meal! woo hoo!!!

Sunday
Pot luck at church
Italian in theme
Taking Barb’s spinach pasta… don’t know if it is italian, but it is yummy!

To join in on mpm, head over to org. junkie!

Tags:

33 Responses to “mpm ~ august 27”

1. Mique says:

Great meal plan as usual. I love the layout you have for your menus (I always go to find yours each week out of all 100+). And they just always look sooo good! Have a great week.

2. Theresa ? says:

I agree with Mique about the layout of your menu the pictures have me salivating!

Taco meatloaf sounds interesting. I’ve never had it before.

Have a great week.

3. kim says:

Very yummy looking week of eats, Annie!

In reference to your last post, I personally have had a hard time this weekend blogging–school starts here in a week, and I think I am having end-of-the-summer panic in not having gotten very many of my large *summer* projects done!

By the way–I love the music on your blog. It is so soothing and relaxing. 🙂

Have a great Monday tomorrow–
    *smiles*
    Kim

4. Nancy Face says:

This week’s menu looks especially yummy! I hope Izzy (and you!) are happily dreaming soon! :o)

5. Tina says:

The taco meatloaf sounds yum, haven’t tried it before. Have a great week!

6. Jodi says:

Yummy week!! I am going to try the meatloaf! Have a great Monday!

Jodi

7. palmtreefanatic says:

mm this sounds like another tasty week!

8. Nicole says:

Your menu sounds very yum. Have a good week!

9. IRENE says:

Hello Annie,
    It all looks so delicious! I especially like the spinach calzone and the meatloaf. But I wouldn’t say “no” to pasta!
    We had pizza last night. The kids actually demanded it. We have been so petrified looking at the catastrophe in front of the TV, that we had all forgotten about food…
    Have a delicious week.

10. IRENE says:

P.S.I very much like the graphic! Such a clever idea, and well executed, too! I’ll probably have to find one of those greek key take away boxes that Greek restaurants in New York use and make it into a graph!

11. Penless Thoughts says:

Trust you got some sleep!!! Your menu’s always look good.

12. ChupieandJ'smama says:

I love how you add pictures with everything. Your menu sounds so yummy! And all of Barb’s recipes are the bomb, aren’t they?

13. Tashasc30 says:

SOUNDS YUMMY TO ME! CAN I COME A N VISIT YOU FOR SUPPER LOL

14. Lu says:

The chicken calzones look FANTASTIC! I might steal that one too! Yummy! Looks fantastic!

15. Christi says:

Everything sounds yummy – especially the calzones. I’m adding that to my list for September!

Have a great week!

16. gail@more than a song says:

I don’t think I’ve tried that meatloaf Annie but have tried one of your others. It all looks good with great pics as usual!
    I hope you and Izzy got some sleep.

17. Coach J says:

Your family must love mexican….;)
    Those calzones look wonderful, but my family will NOT eat spinach. {sigh}
    I hope you have a wonderful day!

18. tegdirb92 says:

yum!! what a delicious sounding meal plan this week, especially the teriyaki chicken!!

19. Debi says:

Well, I was smart enough to eat before popping over this Monday morning, and yet still I’m drooling!

Hope you and Izzy got some sleep!

20. Michelle says:

Hi Annie,have a great week and hope that you get some sleep!!thanks for postig the teriyaki chicken recipe..

21. mjpuzzlemom says:

Looks liek a good week. I love the Chinese take out you created!

MJ

22. oh amanda says:

I just ate lunch and you’re making me hungry!

23. Irritable Mother says:

Those spinach calzones sound good! Unfortuately my kids have an amazing ability to detect spinach, celery, onions, and anything else they don’t like, no matter how finely I chop them. I’ll have to try it out when they’re all gone. Hmmm, I guess that’ll be next summer.
    Just another test of my patience!

24. Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane says:

Oh, I hope you guys got a good night’s sleep Annie, and that Isabelle has a good day today at pre-K. You too 🙂

Your menu is as awesome as always. I always want to come eat at your house!

Those calzones look good, thanks for the link. I need to try those sometime. I made Jenna’s teriyaki chicken a couple of weeks ago and it was really good. Instead of rice, we had noodles and then eggrolls (frozen, NOT homemade!). It was all really good and easy.

Hope you guys have a great week and weekend!!! 🙂

25. Karen says:

The taco meatloaf sounds so yummy. I’m printing out the recipe right now!

26. Tricia says:

Oh it sounds wonderful. I hope you come and visit me too. I sure love your blog. http://www.gardnerdragonflydreams.com/

27. Lauren says:

I think I am gonna try making that spinach pasta bake…it looks yummy!

28. Susanne says:

Your menus always look so yummy!

29. Faith says:

Hey Annie! Love your taco meatloaf dish! I will have to make it for my family before school starts up again. heh.

By the way, where did you get your music player? I don’t want to be nosy, I just love your music. 🙂

God bless,
    Faith

30. Dena says:

So I think I have to try the teriyaki chicken!

31. Carrie! :o) says:

Looks good, Annie. We did tacos last night and they sure were good!

32. JennaG says:

Annie, I don’t serve anything else with this, but I’m sure egg rolls or something chinese-y would be good. Hope you like it–I thought it was a little too sweet as written. If you don’t like sweet meat, you might consider reducing the sugar a little.

33. Corky says:

Okay annie…. I know about your cooking–so what’s up with the meatloaf….blah! Sorry, can’t say sounds yummy like some of the others–just ask julie–i still can’t eat it.

I remember when my mom used to make it, me and my brothers would see how much ketchup we could put on before getting in trouble….we thought it would kill the taste.

Anyhow–never really been to your site, just wanted to say something.

See ya buddy! BTW–thanks for the wonderful wife!