post Category: weekend reflection — mylifeasannie @ 9:17 pm — post Comments (18)

family~
  • It’s been birthday central around our house this week! Izzy turned 5 on Thursday, I posted pics of her birthday here.
  • Bailey & Emelia have been spending the week riding bikes and skateboards. They are enjoying the summer … and swimming…
  • the stupid pool has had issues all Summer, from all the rain. I took the water to be analyzed and they told me to sit down. It’s a pain to deal with considering everything, but we made the choice to not ‘blame’ the pool. We had a fence put around it and now the kids swim daily. Anyway, it is back to normal and was ready for Amanda and her friends to take a late night swim after our outing.
  • Amanda’s birthday was Saturday! Matt & I took her and her friends to see “Hairspray” and then to eat at Olive Garden. It was a fun outing for all of us! The movie was so fun and the food was great too. Here are some pics … I’ll try to post more tomorrow when I have time to sort through them all…
Amanda’s hair (I fixed it for her birthday outing)

Amanda blowing out her candles!

food~

• I tried two new recipes this week… the first one was cheesy chicken empanadas and I learned that refrigerated pie crust is not the same as frozen… I made a batch that was disastrous and then used little pillsbury biscuits rolled out thin for the rest which were wonderful.
  • Barb posted the other recipe for a chicken spinach pasta, it was a hit! We had it a couple of times this weekend because it made a ton!!!

bloggville

• I’ve been up to my ears in siggies. It’s fun though and I just hope everyone is happy with what they get.
  • My buddy Judi send birthday presents for me, amanda, and izzy! She sent the cutest bookmark (I am going to take a pic, I just wanted to get this written but it looks like a necklace almost, beaded on both ends) and Izzy a little angel that says her name, and Amanda a cute notebook with an “A” on it. So sweet, thanks Judi!
  • I also got a goodmail postcard all the way from Arizona. Thanks Lauren!
  • I got good mail! Kayelyn sent me a sweet pack of birthday goodness! I love goodmail!
  • I won some things… something knitted and something cellophanish… I’ll post pics and links when I get them.
  • Got some fun awards from Kim & K.C.!
  • Happy birthday Jenny (on Tuesday)!!!!
  • I feel like I’m forgetting something, but I have to wrap this post up to get ready for church… oh church… I’ll post about that later.

blessings~

• finding a new church home!
  • birthday girls.
  • Matt
  • sunshine
  • fun mail
  • God’s love
  • good friends
  • YOU!

Thanks Judi for hosting WR, love wrapping up the week this way!

Wow you are busy.. I am glad you had a good week.

nancy wrote on July 29, 2007 - 10:26 pm

I saw you were over at Michelle’s “Big Blueberry Eyes”, her birthday is August 1st. Let’s bless her with lots of love and greetings. I must get your address if that is OK with you, I want to send a wee package over to you…will be a bit late for your birthday as I will be away later this week, but the wishes will be the same!

Karen wrote on July 29, 2007 - 10:36 pm

Hi Annie! I think you had a wonderful week with lots of birthdays. I got a birthday good mail from Kayelyn too! I LOVED it. When is your birthday? Mine is August 11. Great list of blessings there. Hope you have a fabulous coming week! 🙂 HUGS, Denise

Denise wrote on July 29, 2007 - 11:17 pm

Busy week for you! Thanks again for the siggy!! ♥ We had Olive Gardent this weekend too! I want to go see Hairspray, but noone wants to go see it with me.

Have a great week Annie!!
♥ Jodi

Jodi wrote on July 29, 2007 - 11:42 pm

What a busy week! I want to go see Hairspray. I am glad to know it was good. Happy Birthday to Amanda, Izzy, and you!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows wrote on July 30, 2007 - 1:26 am

Amanda looks beautiful! What a busy week for you and yours. All sounds wonderful.

I am so happy about the new church and the peace God has given you :o)

Penless Thoughts wrote on July 30, 2007 - 2:10 am

Yay for Amanda’s birthday…she looks gorgeous in her pictures! Yay for Hairspray…it’s so cute, isn’t it? And Olive Garden…yum yum! I’m glad you had such a good week! 🙂

Nancy Face wrote on July 30, 2007 - 2:18 am

Happy Birthday, to you and your girls! I agree, Hairspray was a great movie.

Have a good week:)

Karen wrote on July 30, 2007 - 5:06 am

Wow busy week! I just wanted to drop by and let you know that someone from our local homeschool group posted info about near drownings and linked to Izzy’s blog. I knew that you would be happy that the info was put out there so other’s would know!

Have a good week!!

Jenny wrote on July 30, 2007 - 11:49 am

Fun birthday week! I SO want to go see Hairspray.
The pasta is good enough to fix again, love winners like that.

And Jenny has a birthday! I’m glad to know that!

gail@more than a song wrote on July 30, 2007 - 1:21 pm

Wow – what a fun filled packed weekend!!! You are on busy lady! Everyone looks so happy! Happy Birthday Gals!

Dena wrote on July 30, 2007 - 2:20 pm

Wow…what a fun, busy, happy week! Loved the pictures from the girls birthdays! Sure looked like they had fun.

Hope this week is just as wonderful and full of joy!

Debi wrote on July 30, 2007 - 3:07 pm

I can’t wait to see Hairspray. Gotta wait til it’s on DVD since Levi’s too young for Libby to watch.

Glad Amanda had a nice birrthday!

Carrie! :o) wrote on July 30, 2007 - 4:13 pm

YAY for a wonderful week!!

Tori :) wrote on July 30, 2007 - 4:36 pm

It has been awhile since I have visited your blog. I will be back to see all of the interesting things happening in your life. I have tagged on my meme.

Patsy wrote on July 30, 2007 - 6:16 pm

What a busy, blessed week! Amanda looks beautiful and you did such a great job on her hair!

sheryl wrote on July 30, 2007 - 6:49 pm

I don’t know why I haven’t commented on your last few posts. I guess I feel like I talk to you all the time on igoogle! 😉 Just wanted you to know I’m reading!!

oh amanda wrote on July 31, 2007 - 12:11 am

congrats on the wins – can’t wait to see the pics of what you got!

great weekend recap!