post Category: diet devo — mylifeasannie @ 8:38 pm — post Comments (6)

“Be it far from me; for them that honor me I will honor; and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.” I Samuel 2:30

A friend of mine played basketball in high school. He did everything he could to become the best player he could be. He worked with the coach every day. He respected the coach and did everything the coach told him, in order to please him. His hard work paid off. He starred on the team, and when he graduated, the coach told him he was the finest player he had ever had the privalege of coaching. Are we doing everything we can to please God by being the best people we can be? When we diet, we do God honor, and He will be faithful to honor us in return. If we ignore our bodies, the gift that God gave us, then we show contempt for God, and He will lose respect for us.

Today’s thought: Today I will do everything I can to please God!

I think that was heavy. It certainly made me think twice about those two raisin creme pies I ate today! Whew.

Judi wrote on June 27, 2007 - 11:35 pm

Amen…so true. I fail at this times. I am so grateful that God is so forgiving. I would be a mss without HIM.

Monkey Giggles wrote on June 28, 2007 - 1:54 am

I agree…this was a heavy and hard one.

But I’ll try my best to honor Him. I know I fail, but I’m comforted to know HE understands and forgives.

Hugs!
Kat

justabeachkat wrote on June 28, 2007 - 3:13 am

Just dropped by to let you know your lemon chicken was a hit tonight! 🙂
Thanks for sharing!

Sheryl wrote on June 28, 2007 - 3:58 am

Wow. That last line is the kicker, isn’t it? How are these devos helping you, Annie?

Our Peculiar Life wrote on June 28, 2007 - 4:07 am

OH, that one was powerful. I need to print that out and put it on my fridge. That one really makes you think twice about what’s going into our bodies doesn’t it?

ChupieandJ’smama wrote on June 28, 2007 - 11:48 am