post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 6:00 am — post Comments (20)

This week I decided we should revisit our time of salvation, or a special time in your spiritual life. Was there a moment when you became a Christian, or did it take a while? Can you remember that special time in your life?

I can’t remember a time in my life when we didn’t go to church. Three times a week (at least) … or every time those church doors opened we were there. We went to any meetings, camp, vbs, whatever the church did… we participated. I was raised in a very conservative church and was baptized at a very young age, looking back it was really too young. Several years later, while at church camp as a teenager, I decided to take that plunge again… getting re-baptized. It was a special night, I remember the water looking like it had a fog above it. I felt something inside that it seemed I only felt at camp. After Izzy’s accident I have had blinders removed from my eyes and realize that there is so much more that God has given me. The gifts are endless. I am not judged on my works, rather Christ died to forgive my sins, heal my diseases and cause me to prosper which makes me want to act in a way that please Him. I thought about being re baptized recently when they held a big public baptism at a church we have been going to regularly for a couple of years. I almost did it… I guess I have decided that I have obeyed God’s command to be baptized by water. There are now other avenues for me to explore and I am so glad Christ lives in me. I used to say to the kids, “where is Jesus?” and they would point to heaven. Now I say, “Jesus is in you.” He lives, praise God.

If you are posting your story, please sign up so I can come and read yours too!
I am open to other suggestions for places to visit on Tuesdays!

Praise God that He does live inside of us. He is there to comfort us (Holy Spirit). He is there to intercede for us. He is just there for us.

– PRACTiCAL CHiCK wrote on June 26, 2007 - 2:03 am

Water baptism is such an amazing thing.

Be blessed!
♥ Jodi

Jodi wrote on June 26, 2007 - 2:08 am

YOU WON!!! Send me your address and I’ll get your book out as soon as possible!

I’ll try and participate in TTT if I can find a moment to type it all out;)

Karen wrote on June 26, 2007 - 2:30 am

Thank you Annie for the good mail! I loved it, and was so surprised!
Have a great Monday!

PJ wrote on June 26, 2007 - 2:36 am

“He lives, praise God”…that pretty well sums it all up!!
Thanks for sharing your testimony, Annie…I really enjoyed reading it!

Sheryl wrote on June 26, 2007 - 3:07 am

I love your last thought. I have had the exact same experience with my kids and my knowledge of where Jesus is. πŸ™‚

Our Peculiar Life wrote on June 26, 2007 - 4:23 am

I LOVED chatting to you too. I was on a high the whole evening. Dion thinks we should do it regularly. He loves hearing me laugh πŸ™‚

Marcia wrote on June 26, 2007 - 9:13 am

This will be fun — I love hearing how other people came to the Lord.

Barbara H. wrote on June 26, 2007 - 1:40 pm

I will get my post up as soon as I can. I’m shellin’ peas from my garden, yum, yum….

Coach J wrote on June 26, 2007 - 3:47 pm

This is so nice, Annie. I’m sorry I don’t have time to participate this week – good grief, I’m so behind on everything!

Hey! I have a great idea, if you haven’t already done it. How about traveling back in time to our weddings! Gee. Wonder where I got that idea. LOL

Thank you for your sweet comments on my endless wedding posts. And yes ma’am, your name is in the favor giveaway hat.

Barb wrote on June 26, 2007 - 4:38 pm

Good Tuesday morning Annie,
I used to believe. I’m actaully an ordained Minister in a non-denominational Church called The Movement for Spiritual Inner Awareness. I’ve been part of that Church for 20 years now. Our ministry sn’t preaching, but service work in the community…
I don’t really believe much anymore. I lost my faith when this thing with Mike happenned…

Loving Annie wrote on June 26, 2007 - 5:01 pm

Oh, Annie….my heart is breaking right now. I pray you will have the right words to say to “loving annie” to encourage her and lead her back. My post is up.

Coach J wrote on June 26, 2007 - 5:27 pm

That was such a beautiful post! I was realy touched by that. I wish I could remember a specific time that I was really converted to the christian faith. Since I was born into it, I think it was a gradual process for me. Building faith takes time πŸ™‚ Thank you for sharing! I am always uplifted by your posts.

Lauren wrote on June 26, 2007 - 5:31 pm

I love this story! I was saved as a pre-teen and baptized but didn’t really understand about growing in Christ until I was 18 or so. My view of God has changed so much over the last 10 years, and I can’t believe I serve such a loving, merciful God.

LoveMyStarr wrote on June 26, 2007 - 8:01 pm

In deed He lives in us. My continual pray is that I may get myself out of the way so He can live BIG in me.

Penless Thoughts wrote on June 27, 2007 - 12:02 am

Thanks for sharing that Annie, I enjoyed reading it.
I was saved at a younger age but didn’t understand growth in Christ and some other things until later.
God is so good!

gail@more than a song wrote on June 27, 2007 - 2:45 am

Awesome. I love these Time Travel editions – it really is Time Travel – it’s Wednesday when I get my Tuesdays out πŸ™‚

Karen wrote on June 27, 2007 - 2:51 am

What a sweet sweet post, Annie. Further proof of where your sweet gentle spirit comes from. πŸ™‚ I didn’t have time this morning to do my story. Maybe later this week I will get a chance to compose my thoughts and post. Thanks for sharing your life so openly–in the midst of your trials you are an encouragement to so many others.
*smiles*
Kim

kim wrote on June 27, 2007 - 7:06 am

I’m sorry I missed this TTT edition, though my “18” story talked about it some.
Anyway, I’m glad to read YOUR story. Thanks for sharing!

Irritable Mother wrote on June 27, 2007 - 6:40 pm

I’m sorry to have missed this one! What a special time travel memory to blog about! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Michelle wrote on June 27, 2007 - 8:11 pm