post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 11:54 am — post Comments (21)

Guess where I’m going in a little while??? To Cheesecake Factory, courtesy of my brother! Yea. I’ve never been there before. I hope the cheerios I just ate for breakfast haven’t spoiled my appetite… or maybe it would be good if they did.
Several people made mention of those baskets on my fridge. I put those there a year or two ago and each has a purpose. The first basket holds 100 calorie snack bags and low fat snacks. The second hold junk food or candy. The third is for chips that will be used for the weeks recipes or are left from the last recipe. Behind the baskets I hide put away my styrofoam cups I’m so fond of.
I can’t tell you what a lift all your comments were yesterday. It reminds me of the fibers of a rope, when bound together they gain strength. I feel strong knowing I’m bound with such a wonderful group of Christian ladies. Thank you.

Now, on to FIF! This week is freezer edition. To see others or sign up click on the button below. It is perfect timing for freezer food since I got a new freezer. When I was shopping for the fridge I noticed a small freezer online that got rave reviews for it’s size (small) but, more for the amount of stuff it will hold. It was really cheap inexpensive! It isn’t hooked up yet. I have to do a pantry clean out and reorganization first (help Marcia :o)… but, it will be wonderful and there are so many neat recipes I will make and freeze now!

Beef Gyro Recipe

1/2 c. beef broth

2 T. Olive Oil

1 garlic clove (minced or pressed)

1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. oregano

dash pepper

1 pound boneless beef sirloin cut into strips

2/3 c. cucumber ranch dressing

1 t. sugar

gyro style pitas

2 c. chopped lettuce

1 c. chopped tomato

1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced

1 small red onion, sliced

In large resealable bag, combine first six ingredients, seal and refrigerate up to 24 hours or place in freezer bag and freeze.

In small bowl, combine salad dressing and sugar, refrigerate until serving. Thaw, drain and discard marinade. In large nonstick skillet saute beef for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve on pitas with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion. Drizzle with dressing.

Taco Chicken

. 5 medium chicken breasts, boiled and slivered

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can rotel tomoatoes

1 medium onion

1 bell pepper

2 cups of shredded sharp chedder cheese

1 large bag of plain doritoes

Mix all but cheese and doritoes and place in freezer bags. Boil chicken, sliver it in medium chunks. Mix all canned ingredients in large bowl. Dice onion and pepper and add to mixture. Add half the cheese and mix well. Layer the bottom of a casserole dish with doritoes, then add a layer of chicken, then mixture, then cheese, do this two times, ending with cheese, you can add more cheese if you like. Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 45 minutes or until cheese is bubbly

Meatballs

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and shape into small meatballs. In large skillet cook meatballs turning continually until meatballs are cooked through. To freeze first put all meatballs on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once the meatballs are solidly frozen (make take several hours) remove from cookie sheet and place in freezer bag and put back in freezer.\

Defrost and serve with your favorite sauces.

ideas for meatballs – brown gravy and meatballs served over rice, spaghetti sauce, barbeque sauce.

Barbecue Chicken

Chicken
Barbecue sauce

Wash and dry chicken pieces. Place in freezer bag. Add BBQ sauce. Lay flat to freeze.

After thawing in the refrigerator, cook as you normally would. Grill them, use a electric grill or bake it in the oven. The chicken comes out very juicy and tender from the long marinating process.

This is great! These are exactly the kind of recipes I need to get me going on MPM! I can spend my Saturdays getting the next week’s meals prepared and in the freezer and then I don’t have to do the planning and preparation when I get home from work! This is great – maybe Monday I’ll be posting my 1st MPM!
annb

annb wrote on June 1, 2007 - 3:31 pm

Yum…they all sound great. I need one of those freezers. Maybe I could have a garage sale and make enough money to get one. 😉

Judi wrote on June 1, 2007 - 3:46 pm

You will love Cheesecake Factory!! Their menu is enormous and their cheesecake is great!

Mandalyn wrote on June 1, 2007 - 4:18 pm

Ahhh….I need a freezer! Our freezer is SOOOO packed full of fruits and vegetables, we can’t fit any meat in there. It’s ridiculous! So, I keep saying we’re going to have to get a freezer for our meat. I guess we’ll have to put it in the garage.

HomeSchool Mommy wrote on June 1, 2007 - 4:30 pm

Yum for all of those. How wonderful you shared so many recipes with us. Thank you! Enjoy your new freezer too. We have a similar one and it really helps. Have a wonderful time at the Cheesecake Factory. I was only there once, but it was really yummy!

ChupieandJ’smama wrote on June 1, 2007 - 5:15 pm

I got the package!!! Thank you sooooo much! The outfit is precious! 🙂

I can’t wait till you get your package now!

Haley

Haley wrote on June 1, 2007 - 6:19 pm

Annie–as always wonderful recipes. I like the baskets. I think I should try something like that.

Joyful Days wrote on June 1, 2007 - 6:35 pm

My mouth is watering, Annie! I’ve got to try some of these recipes! Like right now!
You’ll love Cheesecake Factory! Have fun!

Corrie wrote on June 1, 2007 - 9:08 pm

The baskets are a great idea!! The top of my fridge looks so ghetto.

Tori :) wrote on June 1, 2007 - 9:11 pm

Mmmmmm! I LOVE cheesecake!
Please enjoy an extra piece for me.
Thanks. 🙂

Irritable Mother wrote on June 1, 2007 - 9:35 pm

I also love Cheesecake Factory. The turtle cheesecake is the best!!
Love the freezer and thanks for the recipes.

Linda wrote on June 1, 2007 - 10:31 pm

Great recipes. Thanks!

Magi wrote on June 2, 2007 - 1:07 am

It looks like my wife took the words right out of my mouth…we really need another freezer! When we go shopping, there is so much we want to get…especially meats. We just don’t have the space! Thanks for the comments! So you heard a compliment about me today!?!? Ok…you have me curious. Who was it and what was the compliment?

Michael wrote on June 2, 2007 - 1:07 am

Oh, I love The Cheesecake Factory! They always give SO much food, though. I have leftovers for the next 2 days. Good stuff, though! Did ya get any cheesecake?

Carrie! :o) wrote on June 2, 2007 - 1:31 am

Annie–you will be so happy with an extra freezer. I have had a big chest freezer for many years and there is no way I could have managed a family of 6’s food without it! I absolutely love the basket idea and think I will be looking into something similar. Right now my bread machine is stored on top and my pot holders..it looks rather messy. Glad things are looking up for you today.
*smiles*

kim wrote on June 2, 2007 - 3:13 am

One day, when/if I ever grow up, I want to be you, Annie! For now I’ll just quietly sponge some of your ideas off you.

elasticwaistbandlady wrote on June 2, 2007 - 4:01 am

They look fantastic! I think I might steal a few from you- AGAIN! Thanks again!

Lu wrote on June 2, 2007 - 12:41 pm

Enjoy Cheesecake Factory, Annie ! What did you eat there today ?
(My favorite is their chopped salad OR their Spicy Cashew Chicken OR their white chocolate raspberry truffle cheecake… OR….)

That is smart to have 100 calorie snack bags ! Discipline !

I don’t have any place for a new freezer/another one, even a small one, but it is so nice to have things organized, it’s great you got one !

Loving Annie wrote on June 2, 2007 - 6:06 pm

How neat that you just bought a freezer! Hooray!

I hope you enjoyed Cheesecake Factory. I love that place!

Your freezer recipes look wonderful!

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Freezer Edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!

Overwhelmed! wrote on June 3, 2007 - 6:41 am

Ooh, I would go wild in a cheesecake factory!

How is the freezer going? My suggestions are – throw out as much as you can (old, unrecognisable stuff) and label everything. I have one drawer for meats, one for breads and pizza, and then I keep my lentils/ kidney beans, etc on the top shelf.

How are you doing yours?

Marcia wrote on June 4, 2007 - 2:36 pm

Hi Annie,
Thanks for the recipes. I am always on the look out for new things to cook.
Hugs,