- Izzy went to bear & school this week, she was a healthy little girl again this week. I cannot believe it is almost time for her birthday! July 26 she will turn 5 years old. I think because I am still carrying her around and doing all her care, she still is like my baby. I am going to have to change my vocabulary… Birthdays would probably make me very sad if I didn’t rely on and believe in God’s promises!
- Amanda did a few jobs for Matt around the yard for $$$ this week, she then went to eat at Olive Garden and to get her eyebrows waxed… goodbye money :o)… at least the girl has priorities right? Oh, and the outing was supposed to be a “turn in applications for a J-O-B” and when I asked how many applications she turned in … the magic number was “zero” because no one was hiring ya’ll…
- Me & Emelia had a fun outing Wednesday afternoon while Iz was in school. We ran errands, got her camp pictures, etc. She said, “aren’t you glad I came with you, this was a great mother daughter bonding experience.” I was glad that she felt that way! (I also had to wonder if it had anything to do with the snacks, pictures and toy I bought for her?… it doesn’t matter she deserves it!!!)
- Bailey has his little buddy here for the weekend from out of town. They are two peas in a pod and having a blast. I tried fixing some waffles and bacon for them to wake them up (at 11 a.m.) and they didn’t stir. I guess they played that new wii game all night. Their conversations crack me up. I’m so glad Dylan’s dad is willing to let him come visit since they moved away last year.
- I operated on Matt’s finger last night. He was doing yard work while off work yesterday and we have trumpet vines that are just crazy so he was whacking them and one went into his thumb and broke off so you couldn’t pull it out. It just got worse and worse. Finally me, my exacto knife, and my tweezerman sharp point tweezers had to do surgery. Let me tell you it wasn’t pretty. It’s out though! If I could find the camera I would take a picture of how big it was (maybe it’s better that I can’t locate the camera this morning).
- It’s still raining!!! Last night I drove down our road and it is a river going across it. The second time I felt my car move a little. I’m still not complaining, but there is major flooding happening around here now.
- I got a day off this week because I made the tacos and had lots of taco meat left over so the next night I took tortillas and refried (fat free) beans and rolled them up with a little cheddar and then put sauce over it and cheese and baked it… and while I was at the mall buying a birthday present, I poked my head in El Chico and ordered a set up (cheese sauce, hot sauce, chips, tortillas for only 2.99) and we had mexican food again. It all turned out very good…
- So the next night (last night) I made the pork chops, but because the first time I used the grill I forgot to turn off the gas, I now have to go have the propane tank refilled so we had pork chop potatoes in the crockpot and I couldn’t find the recipe so I improvised and they were yummy!!!
- I am still watching it in the food area. Still enjoying the morning coffee…
- I posted some fourth of July recipes for favorite ingredient Friday here.
- Kat & Ohamanda gave me the rocker girl blogger award !!! So sweet, thank you thank you thankyou!!!
- Me & Marcia were finally able to visit on her chat room! It was so much fun talking to her, I just wish I could hear her accent. Judi’s was so much fun to ‘hear’ on the phone.
- I won Barb’s recipe party favor (well, I was one of 30… but still!)
- I took this quiz on Nan’s page and found out I am only 60% addicted to blogging, don’t know if that is good or bad???
- Jenna is a killer! (well, it was a pregnant snake but still :o)…
- I mailed out those devo books to all of you who sent me your addresses. Hope they come today… I mailed them Wednesday afternoon (when me & emelia were out playing).
- Lolly posted about pool safety! Thanks Lolly!!!
- I got good mail!!! Thanks PJ, when I find the camera I will take a pic of the fun good mail you sent and how did you know I love strawberry licorice?
- Happy Anniversary to Sheryl & Jenna!!! (No, not the two of them … with their hubbies for goodness sakes)
- daddies… mine on earth (love him) and mine in heaven (love HIM!)
- God’s promises, they keep me moving, one step after another! Praise Him.
- my friends… the ones I know IRL, and the ones I will know IRL someday!
Visit my friend Judi to link up with others sharing their reflections of the week…