post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 1:28 pm — post Comments (18)

1 c. sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1/2 c. melted butter
2 eggs, well beaten
2/3 c. flour
3/4 t. vanilla
1/4 t. salt

Cream butter, sugar and cocoa together, add eggs, vanilla, salt & then flour. Bake at 325 for 2o minutes or until done.

I also sometimes mix together:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 egg
1/2 c. sugar

dollop on top of brownie mixture and take a knife to marble it throughout the brownies.

When Matt and I first started dating, he mentioned he loved his grandmother’s cream cheese brownies… so I thought that’s easy enough. I made brownies adding some cream cheese, pretty proud of myself. He took one look at them and knew they were wrong. I later talked to his grandmother about her brownies and she told me how she made them (I was only 16 for goodness sakes)… Anyway, the brownie recipe is from my mom although she says she has no recollection of giving it to me but it is good in a pinch when there isn’t any mixes on hand and I need to make something sweet fast!

I also realize I posted yesterday that I was going to start this weight challenge (ugh), but just because I am posting this recipe for you, my friends, doesn’t mean I’m making them myself… not today anyway.

You can go to Overwhelmed With Joy! to see more FIF recipes!

Sounds sooooo good! My hubby loves brownies! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica wrote on May 11, 2007 - 2:58 pm

I wouldn’t have even noticed that you posted a recipe for brownies the day after you announced your participation in the weight loss challenge. It IS pretty funny, though. πŸ™‚

HomeSchool Mommy wrote on May 11, 2007 - 3:07 pm

I was going to dog you for eating cream cheese brownies until I saw your last paragraph!! They sound really delish.

JennaG wrote on May 11, 2007 - 3:33 pm

Cream cheese brownies are my fave! It’s crazy I’ve never met anyone else who liked them!

Of course it would be you! πŸ™‚

Haley wrote on May 11, 2007 - 3:43 pm

Yummy, Thanks!

Betsy wrote on May 11, 2007 - 3:56 pm

Ohhhhhhhh yummy! Thanks, now I’ll be craving these things, LOL!!!

Carrie! :o) wrote on May 11, 2007 - 4:08 pm

These sound so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe. My husband will appreciate it!

Lauren S. wrote on May 11, 2007 - 5:05 pm

OK….STOP IT! Big time BROWNIE lover here and ya know Cream cheese makes me weak in the knees.

GREAT recipe

Linda

Ribbon Rock Star wrote on May 11, 2007 - 5:19 pm

I have been craving brownies and now I know which ones to make πŸ™‚

Thanks for sharing Annie, I’m supposed to be on a diet but whatever LOL

Sandra wrote on May 11, 2007 - 5:21 pm

They sound great! Good luck to you in the weight loss area. I have always struggled with my weight and am trying to lose some pounds now myself. (We are going to the beach in 2 1/2 weeks–MOTIVATION):)

Have a great weekend! Happy Mother’s Day to you!

Mandalyn wrote on May 11, 2007 - 5:25 pm

Chocolate and cream cheese..what a great combo. Thanks for sharing.

Carey wrote on May 11, 2007 - 6:55 pm

Annie,
The recipe looks great but I really am writing to say I found your blog on tales from the scales and I really love it. I am so new to all of this! I did start a blog but only for my May Challenge.
I am really enjoying the music! I hope to learn all this some day. Can’t wait to read more and about Izzy’s story. I am a mother of 3 in Georgia. Jeremiah 29:11 – 13

Michele wrote on May 11, 2007 - 6:58 pm

They sound yummy. I am doing the weight challenge as well. Have a great day!

Kathleen Marie wrote on May 11, 2007 - 8:54 pm

Love cream cheese brownies. Thanks!

Magi wrote on May 12, 2007 - 1:48 am

This sounds awesome!!!! Already bookmarked it as a recipe to try! Thanks for sharing it!

In Pursuit of His Call wrote on May 13, 2007 - 12:27 am

oh my goodness do these sound great or what?! Cream cheese and brownies – how could you go wrong! LOL

Have a happy mother’s day!

Michelle wrote on May 13, 2007 - 2:19 am

Ok! Sounds awesome! πŸ™‚ Can’t wait to eat those! πŸ™‚ BTW, like the outfit! You look so young! πŸ™‚

Lu wrote on May 13, 2007 - 11:00 pm

Oh yeah! Oronzo and Snuggle Bug are going to LOVE these brownies!

Thanks so much, Annie, for sharing and for your participation in my FIF recipe exchange!

Overwhelmed! wrote on May 16, 2007 - 2:16 pm