post Category: Uncategorized — mylifeasannie @ 11:26 am — post Comments (32)

This is going to be a different week because we are going out of town for Izzy’s
AIAHP reevaluation. But this is my plan as it stands now…
Monday: Leftover chinese food (bought last night and tons left) YEAH no cooking!
Tuesday: Taco meatloaf, corn on the cob, spanish rice
Wedneday: out of town!
Thursday: out of town!
Friday: Brooke’s (little cousin) 8th birthday party at build a bear, 6 p.m. Probably order pizza for Matt and head to the mall for the party!
I have so many new recipes from all my blogger friends I am excited to try! Hopefully next week! I’m praying for a good assessment from our aiahp guys for Izzy.
To participate in Menu Plan Monday, go to Organizing Junkie’s page for details.
Taco Meat Loaf
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup salsa
2 to 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 pounds lean ground beef
Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into the bottom of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Top with sour cream, salsa, cheese, lettuce and olives if desired.

Yay for no cooking Monday night Annie! The Taco meatloaf recipe sounds scrumptious. Happy cooking!
Kelleigh

Kelleigh wrote on February 19, 2007 - 12:22 pm

I just spent some time on your blog and wow, I’m exhausted! I will keep Izzy in my prayers, and pray that she has a great assessment.

Your menu looks great, btw! My son LOVES build-a-bear!

Blessings~

Terri @ In His Hands wrote on February 19, 2007 - 12:47 pm

Easy week for both of us!

Have fun.

Misslionheart wrote on February 19, 2007 - 1:18 pm

Thanks for coming by my blog! Mmmmm… I think I may have to try the taco meatloaf recipe. I hope your week goes well!

Anne wrote on February 19, 2007 - 1:36 pm

Your blog looks great! I love no cooking nights! I will have to jot down the meatloaf recipe the kids love anything with taco in it. Meatloafs a tough one to sell them. Taco meatloaf might work! Have a great week!

Heather wrote on February 19, 2007 - 2:11 pm

Have a safe trip! :o) Enjoy your week of not much cooking. We need those every so often, LOL!

Carrie! :o) wrote on February 19, 2007 - 2:17 pm

Taco Meatloaf sounds great! Corey normally doesn’t care for meatloaf, so i don’t fix it often, but he may just like this one. I’ll try it out on him and let you know.
Love you! I’ll be praying for you all as you travel to see your Australian guys.

Julie wrote on February 19, 2007 - 2:20 pm

Taco meatloaf sounds really yummy! We will keep you in our thoughts this week.

Char wrote on February 19, 2007 - 2:54 pm

The taco meatloaf sounds wonderful. Wishing you the best this week!

devildogwife wrote on February 19, 2007 - 3:17 pm

I copied the taco meatloaf, i have 1 kid out of the 4 who won’t touch meatloaf and another one out the the 4 that won’t eat tacos.. but I’m cool with letting them have BP&J when they don’t like what i’m cooking so we are going to be trying this one sometime soon.

KC wrote on February 19, 2007 - 3:50 pm

Thanks for visiting my blog. The taco meatloaf sounds good. I may try it only maing taco burgers.

Anna wrote on February 19, 2007 - 4:07 pm

Thanks for stopping by! Your menu sounds great…I will definitely need to try your Taco recipe. Sounds great! 🙂 I, too, hope that your week is filled with blessings! And, a good report for Izzy!

Becky wrote on February 19, 2007 - 4:10 pm

Oh, I cannot wait to make the Taco Meatloaf AND in the crockpot! AWESOME!

Amanda wrote on February 19, 2007 - 4:25 pm

thanks for your comment on my blog.I love leftover chinese…have a great week

Michelle wrote on February 19, 2007 - 4:34 pm

Mmm! That taco chicken sounds great! Have a good week and a safe trip.

Melessa wrote on February 19, 2007 - 4:45 pm

That taco meat loaf sounds wonderful. A great mixup of regular old meatloaf. I’m going to give it a try!

Susanne wrote on February 19, 2007 - 5:37 pm

Taco meat loaf sounds really good! I will have to try it! Good luck with IZZY’s report. patsyann.wordpress.com

Patsy wrote on February 19, 2007 - 5:56 pm

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just read some of your recent entries and my heart goes out to you! A child who I used to babysit before I was married and had kiddos of my own drowned when my oldest was about 10 months old. It was a very heart breaking time! We will be praying for your safe trip this week and for Izzy’s evaluation! I pray you recieve good news and are at peace in your heart with the information you are given!
Sarah
Oh yes! I need some help! In your post you have a name or word that can be clicked on and it will take you to another page…can you tell me how to do that? Thank you!

Sarah B wrote on February 19, 2007 - 6:44 pm

The Taco meatloaf looks very yummy. Will be copying and pasting that one into my recipes.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Yours is beautiful!

I have one here at blogspot. I’m slowly putting it together.

Thanks again for stopping by. I hope to be back to visit again soon.

Mikki wrote on February 19, 2007 - 9:33 pm

I’ve never heard of Taco Metaloaf. Sound interesting. You have a terrific menu planned.
I’ll see you next week.

Rona’s Home Page wrote on February 19, 2007 - 10:25 pm

Now you’ve got me tempted, eventhough we are largely vegetarian! I’ll put your meatloaf recipe in my recipe book. I think it should be great for an al fresco dinner.
I am going to post the recipe for the spinach pie, for you (I’ll let you know in your latest entry’s comments). The aromas coming out of the oven are a comfort food by themselves!
Enjoy your week. I know they can get boring, but love kids’ parties. Have a good time!
Love and prayers for your little one.

IRENE wrote on February 19, 2007 - 11:27 pm

Taco Meatloaf sounds like it needs to be tried here! (anything new to try in the crock pot is welcome) I will pray that all goes well with your assessment and your needs are met above and beyond. Michelle

Michelle wrote on February 19, 2007 - 11:27 pm

As you can see by the comments, Taco Meat Loaf sure seems to be a winner! I look forward to trying it as well. I especially love that it can be cooked in the crock pot!!
Have a blessed week and a safe trip!

Sheryl wrote on February 20, 2007 - 12:33 am

PS…thanks for your kind comments about my blog! 🙂

Sheryl wrote on February 20, 2007 - 12:34 am

Have a great week–I hope all goes well for you guys. I just saw a taco meatloaf recipe in a tast of home magazine! I like the red and black and the hearts!

JennaG wrote on February 20, 2007 - 12:36 am

Hi! Thanks for stopping by here. I am definitely gonna have to try to make a taco meatloaf. It sounds so good.

Y’all have a great week!!

Proverbs31 wrote on February 20, 2007 - 3:00 am

taco meatloaf sounds GREAT….I love chinese leftovers,,,I’ve been craving good chinese since I’m pregnant but hard to get in a small town!!

ShariJoy wrote on February 20, 2007 - 3:27 am

Thanks for posting the recipe for the taco meatloaf–it sounds delicious. I can’t wait to try it! Have a great week.

Jen wrote on February 20, 2007 - 4:32 am

That taco meat loaf sounds so good and it goes in the slow cooker! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

gail wrote on February 20, 2007 - 3:51 pm

That taco meatloaf sounds grea! I love different meatloafs. Thanks for dropping by Annie.

Q&Q wrote on February 20, 2007 - 8:44 pm

Chinese leftovers are some of the best leftovers to have!

Thanks for the taco meatloaf recipe. I might just have to try it.

Have a great trip!

An Ordinary Mom wrote on February 20, 2007 - 10:37 pm

When I saw taco meat loaf, I thought, what on earth? But my goodness, it sounds wonderful.

So I’m really bad – it took me a week to get over here and thank you for visiting me. I’m still looking for that week – I lost it somewhere. LOL

I hope my photos made you excited about planning a wedding someday. It’s a little intense, a little stressful if you let it be, but oh my goodness, it’s so so worth it.

Thank you again, so much, and next time I’ll try to be a little quicker to visit you back! 🙂

Barb wrote on February 22, 2007 - 11:09 pm